Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one not scared of any Asian team?

Over the last 2-3 years every single Asian powerhouse has been exposed both on the Asian level (in WCQs) and on a much larger scale in Brazil.

Japan lost and drew with Uzbekistan in the third round of WCQS, finishing second place with 10 points while Uzbekistan finished on top with 16 points. They also lost to Jordan 2-1 in the final round of qualification. Top it off with their awful WC performance, arguably the biggest under achieves in the tournament.

Australia struggled to finish second place and were on the brink of elimination from the WC, drawing Oman and losing to Jordan just like japan. They really seem to struggle against west Asian sides. They had a fairly good showing in Brazil and played some nice football, but again, they didn't seem superior to Iran in their performance OVERALL. They definitely play a more attractive game but as far as results are concerned, they too aren't anything special.

SK underachieved both in WCQs and in the WC, plain and simple. They were nearly knocked out of the WC in the third round of qualifiers like KSA and we managed to defeat them both in Iran and on their home turf. They were embarrassing in Brazil.

Other dark horses like Uzbekistan, Jordan, UAE, China, Iraq, etc. are decent sides too but again, nothing special, especially in comparison to the Asian heavy weights.

Japan, SK, and Australia's superiority in their personnel hasn't translated into results for them, it's as simple as that.

This is the first time since 2004 that we can and SHOULD say a finals appearance is a must. When our boys are focused, working hard, and ready like they were going into the last three WCQ matches and like they were heading into Brazil, we proved that we can achieve our goals.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
      Am I the only one not scared of any Asian team?

Over the last 2-3 years every single Asian powerhouse has been exposed both on the Asian level (in WCQs) and on a much larger scale in Brazil.

Japan lost and drew with Uzbekistan in the third round of WCQS, finishing second place with 10 points while Uzbekistan finished on top with 16 points. They also lost to Jordan 2-1 in the final round of qualification. Top it off with their awful WC performance, arguably the biggest under achieves in the tournament.

Australia struggled to finish second place and were on the brink of elimination from the WC, drawing Oman and losing to Jordan just like japan. They really seem to struggle against west Asian sides. They had a fairly good showing in Brazil and played some nice football, but again, they didn't seem superior to Iran in their performance OVERALL. They definitely play a more attractive game but as far as results are concerned, they too aren't anything special.

SK underachieved both in WCQs and in the WC, plain and simple. They were nearly knocked out of the WC in the third round of qualifiers like KSA and we managed to defeat them both in Iran and on their home turf. They were embarrassing in Brazil.

Other dark horses like Uzbekistan, Jordan, UAE, China, Iraq, etc. are decent sides too but again, nothing special, especially in comparison to the Asian heavy weights.

Japan, SK, and Australia's superiority in their personnel hasn't translated into results for them, it's as simple as that.

This is the first time since 2004 that we can and SHOULD say a finals appearance is a must. When our boys are focused, working hard, and ready like they were going into the last three WCQ matches and like they were heading into Brazil, we proved that we can achieve our goals.
      We are our own worst enemy. We talk shit more about our national team than our opponents do. I have a great feeling about this Asian cup and I think we can finally bring this trophy home.

Comment

lol@ people saying Japan is overrated. There is a clear gap between them and TM if you look at the recent Asian Cup history.

TM
        2000 - Q-finals
        2004 - 3rd
        2007 - Q-finals
        2011 - Q-finals

Japan
        2000 - Champions
        2004 - Champions
        2007 - 4th
        2011 - Champions

Someone put the Iraqi squad on wikipedia and said 'Oh! They have more players in Europe than us. We should worry about Iraq." but at the same time he said "Japan and Korea have more players in Europe than us. But we shouldn't worry about them because they failed at the WC". Double standard?

Comment

We should stop "Our players are discriminated against by European scouts." excuse. From 1990s to 2000s, there were more Iranians in Bundesliga than Japanese and Koreans. Daei, Azizi, Bagheri, Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Karimi, Navidkia, Zandi and Khatibi. Bundesliga was very friendly to our players. But today they don't care about us anymore because TM players aren't good enough to make it in the league. In 2000s our best striker was Daei or Hashemian who transfered to Bayern but today we rely on Gucci who struggled in the Championship and Belgium.

Btw, Hertha BSC is my favorite Bundesliga team and Japanese MF Hosogai (Nekounam type player) was the best player for us last season alongside Adrian Ramos. But he wasn't even called up to the Japan's WC squad. If he were Iranian, he would be a fixed starter in the TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandi360 View Post
            Being a legionnaire is one thing, being a good player is another story. When Iranian players transfer to Europe, despite the sanctions, despite the lack of scouts full of prejudices, despite of the name of "Iran" and the political influences preventing its development, it means that they really are worth something and are talented to my eyes. But what I saw is that the cheap, fast transferred players from Japan and Korea to Europe couldn't do sh*t at all. To sum that up, I see Korean or Japanese legionnaires as massively overrated except few exceptional players of course.
            As ramingeles2000 said, there are 10 or so Japanese players who play as starter in Bundesliga. Whenever I watch Bundesliga games, there is at least 1 Japanese player on the pitch. They aren't bought just to sell shirts. Everyone talks about Kagawa and Honda when it comes to Japanese players but other players are doing well too. For example, Okazaki scored 15 goals last season and this season he is currently the top scorer in Bundesliga. Kiyotake recorded the most assists in 2012/13 Bundesliga season. Uchida is one of the top 3 RBs in the league. Sakai was wanted by Germany NT because his mother is German and Germany's full backs are mediocre. We treat Azmoun like by far the best teen from Asia but Mauoka (spelling?), 18-year-old gets first team playing time at Dortmund. I don't watch Serie A but according to wikipedia, Nagatomo has been a starter for Inter Milan for years. Anyways being a regular in one of the best leagues is good thing considering our best players play in Spnaish/Dutch 2nd tier, Russia and Switzerland.

Comment

There is one more thing bad about having some players such as Dej and Gucci in Arab leagues particularly prior to Asian cup.
              They will test every player they have against them and review every move they make so that can easily cover them in the Asian cup. This is perfect for the arab teams and they will figure out ways to neutralize Dej.
              An example is a true story of myself and that was when I was in high school and watched every TM match, then later when I had a chance in a friendly match with the former TM player who played in NASL, I covered him so well and he got really angry. It was a match my college arranged with the former national players from Ugo, etc.
              So Qatar is not wasting its money to have a key player under observation for months on video and live.

So Qatar will test every defender and any formation to block Dej and it will choose the the best possible defender. Wouldn't it have been an advantage for CQ to watch IPL teams and see which defender blocks Sebastian the best and select him?
              Something to think about......

Comment

^ sob bekheir, you really thought they buy our NT players cause they want them in their clubs to provide something in their tokhmi leagues?

Comment

^ sure why not. They do not think as you do and they have no logic. They buy all kinds of weapons and they have no enemy. They are the best friends of israel and they know well Persians do not start war and want peace more than anyone else.
                  The scrap weapons they buy rust in the desert and they upgrade to look good and have more friends from supplying countries. Their minds are sick. if they had brains they would not buy Sebastian or anyone else. They want glory at any price.
                  right before the Asian games or world cup qualifications they always go after Persian players.

Comment

2000 AFC Asian Cup winning coach Philippe Troussier believes there will be no hangover for Asia's World Cup sides.

http://www.afcasiancup.com/news/en/n...d190dve2bd2wxi

Comment

Some results of Asian Friendlies this week:

Yesterday:

Oman vs. Uruguay: 0-3
                      Jordan vs. Kuwait: 1-1

Today:

Japan vs. Brazil: 0-4
                      South Korea vs. Costa Rica: 1-3
                      China vs. Paraguay: 2-1
                      Bahrain vs. Iraq: 0-0
                      UAE vs Uzbekistan: 0-4
                      Qatar vs. Australia: 1-0

Comment

Qatar 3-0 Uzbekistan, Qatar 5-0 Lebanon, Qatar 1-0 Australia
                        What the hell is going on? Lebanon just held Saudi to a draw in riyadh, the same as uruguay couple of days ago...
                        I think we will still beat them but who knows with the results they have got recently lol
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                          Qatar 3-0 Uzbekistan, Qatar 5-0 Lebanon, Qatar 1-0 Australia
                          What the hell is going on? Lebanon just held Saudi to a draw in riyadh, the same as uruguay couple of days ago...
                          I think we will still beat them but who knows with the results they have got recently lol
                          I can't speak about the other matches... But the Australia match is simply because Australia is messed up and in search of an identity at the moment.

They've drawn 0-0 with UAE and lost 1-0 to Qatar while they experiment with new play styles.

They dominated the Qatar match but ultimately didn't have that killer punch when attacking.

Can read more about that match here http://www.theguardian.com/football/...doha-socceroos

Comment

I'm not impressed at the current roaster of Australia barring Mile Jedinak....

Comment

I'm a Milan fan. Milan will try hard to keep Honda during the Asian Cup. He has been a beast for Milan, scoring 6 goals in 7 games so far. His absence could turn out to be a significant blow for Japan.

Comment

AW: Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

No way they can prevent him from going.

Comment

Working...
                                X