Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM U22-Football at the 2016 Summer Olympics

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Of course there is something wrong with them, but its not that there is something inherent wrong with Iranian culture. I don't think there is any part of our culture which says sexual harassment is ok. A person who sexually harasses would like to use that excuse to absolve themselves of blame, but it doesn't mean its true. The whole world literally has this same problem. And yes even Western politicians do it.
    You do realize I'm not basing it on these two people only? A friend of mine went to Iran this summer and she got harassed in many public places. From touching her breasts in the metro's to shouting degrading stuff at her..at a point she felt uncomfortable, how can you justify this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      You do realize I'm not basing it on these two people only? A friend of mine went to Iran this summer and she got harassed in many public places. From touching her breasts in the metro's to shouting degrading stuff at her..at a point she felt uncomfortable, how can you justify this?
      No one is justifying sexual harassment here. It is wrong.
      What I'm saying is its not a part of our culture.
      None of us were taught that its ok to touch a woman inappropriately. Perverts will be perverts. They don't need any culture to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
        Every headline is talking about the Iranian official while there were three cases. And apparently, the Iranian official did not touch anyone at all.
        "It was not a matter of a physical attack; it was verbal sexual harassment," OCA director general Husain Al-Musallam said in a statement, referring to the Iranian official. "The OCA will not tolerate any misbehaviour of this nature and we will take a tough stance. We cannot accept this, so we have removed him from the Games."
        I'm not saying that its less worse or whatever, but I wouldn't be surprised if the story is exaggerated.
        And please cut the bs about this being part of our culture. There are old Dutch/English/German men who go to Thailand to have sex with 12 year old boys. Is that also part of the Western culture?
        We don't even know all the details. Did he just put an arm on her shoulder for a photo? Why is the story changing from physical to verbal? Could he have said something wrong in English that sounds ok to say in Farsi,or did the Korean lady misinterpret the statement. We have no details, and the Koreans haven't arrested him despite charging him.

Of course, if he did do something inappropriate their is no excuse, but let's not rush to judgement until details have clearly surfaced and/or have been presented.

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        No one is justifying sexual harassment here. It is wrong.
        What I'm saying is its not a part of our culture.
        None of us were taught that its ok to touch a woman inappropriately. Perverts will be perverts. They don't need any culture to do that.
        Exactly just like western culture has been teaching us it's not ok to beat women and children yet so many NFL stars have been documented to beat (Ray Rice), kill (OJ) women or beat children (Adrian Peterson). These guys are supposed to be role models, and there are countless others accused, charged, or currently in litigation. Unless we are talking about ISIL, I don't think most cultures condone this abhorrent behaviour...but on any apple tree you will find a few bad apples.
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

^
          Dear
          Sexual harassment is a problem everywhere ..specially Korea.

i read a report ( korea) 10% of patient claims their own doctor have had sexual advance toward them .
          4 out of 10 in working place report some sexual harassment....

just one report

Four in 10 office workers say they have experienced sexual harassment, a survey has found.
          Jobs portal site Career surveyd 405 office workers, finding that 40.5% had experienced sexual harassment at work. 72.6% of women had versus 27.4% of men.
          The perpetrators were mainly superiors (78.7%), followed by owners (13.4%), and co-workers (7.9%).
          44.5% of the incidents occurred at office dinner parties, followed by work hours (31.7%), drinking outside of office parties (15.9%), and during workshops or other office events (7.9%).
          The forms of harassment included excessive touching (59.8%), sexual jokes (45.7%), comments on physical appearance (33.5%), excessive staring (24.4%), making demands (7.9%), and demands for sex (5.5%).
          The responses made included just putting up with it (78%), quitting the job (12.8%), demanding an apology (5.5%), notifying the union (2.4%), and doing the same thing back (1.3%).
          Just 17.8% said their offices had policies in place to deal with sexual harassment.
          To combat sexual harassment at work, 47.4% said that the top priority should be for workplaces to have prevention policies, while 35.3% chose harsher punishments, 11.4% chose a better system of reporting and advice, and 5.7% chose punishing owners of firms

Comment

4 out of 10 is for me 40 percent, hala khar byar o mareke bar kon.

migam taze bedooran rasideha saremoon pishrafte bazi dar myaran, out to embarress us where ever they can.

Comment

Didn't a US Senator just write a book on how she has been harassed in the senate?

That said, the question isn't whether it is an Iranian problem or not, the question is if the IR will do anything to these people or punish them in any way.

Did anything happen to the ambassador in Brazil? or the chief of police who was caught with 7 prostitutes?

Degrading behavior towards women does not seem to be a punishable crime in the IR, that is the main problem.
              راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Vallah, during Shah's rule I don't remember, neither do I know of anyone who recounts such things as sexually harassing anything in a skirt, in daylight or night, on the streets the way we see it today.

So this is more to do with this revolution, regime and its regressive philosophy than culture. Although I don't claim we are culturally very mature. We are definitely not. But perversion and sexual deviation has really taken a massive turn after this regime.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                  Vallah, during Shah's rule I don't remember, neither do I know of anyone who recounts such things as sexually harassing anything in a skirt, in daylight or night, on the streets the way we see it today.

So this is more to do with this revolution, regime and its regressive philosophy than culture. Although I don't claim we are culturally very mature. We are definitely not. But perversion and sexual deviation has really taken a massive turn after this regime.
                  You mus not heard "Ghoochali " story , Most popular for years ( real one).

Comment

Happend to myself:
                    was sitting in the linrary in Stockholm, one summer day and busy with the stockmarket trading, a korean woman sat towards me and used to look nice and what I interpreted flirty during about one hour, people came and left, she still was sitting there...she and me finally alone.
                    The library was about to close then. We walked out and i felt somehow half as a duty and half because i wanted it to ask her to have a drink/coffee together. Went closer to ask her, very polite and balanced. As soon as i started to say words she just jumped around like a wild scared cat and started to cry and to scream....people looked at me and tought maybe i had tried to rape her. .....eversince I have avoided asian looking girls in general by distance. Hope its not the same thing that happend that iranian guy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nader25 View Post
                      Happend to myself:
                      was sitting in the linrary in Stockholm, one summer day and busy with the stockmarket trading, a korean woman sat towards me and used to look nice and what I interpreted flirty during about one hour, people came and left, she still was sitting there...she and me finally alone.
                      The library was about to close then. We walked out and i felt somehow half as a duty and half because i wanted it to ask her to have a drink/coffee together. Went closer to ask her, very polite and balanced. As soon as i started to say words she just jumped around like a wild scared cat and started to cry and to scream....people looked at me and tought maybe i had tried to rape her. .....since then I have avoided asian looking girls in general by distance. Hope its not the same thing that happend that iranian guy too.
                      Just because she was a psycho doesn't mean all Asian women are psychos.

Comment

maybe not, but would you do it again in that case if this happend to yourself?

Comment

Does anyone remember this video from 2007? So embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                            Does anyone remember this video from 2007? So embarrassing!

Yes and I think it was mentioned multiple times that this was set up Keano jan.

Comment

Against Vietnam, Vingada started with:

Sedghi
                              Heidarieh , Daneshgar, Khanzadeh , Vakkia
                              Pouraliganji
                              Karimi, Mosalman , Rezavand.
                              Sharifi , Rezaei

they mostly played 433 after VT goal.

Weakest link was Dline and GK. Coach is close to player and only one who decide players, and tactics but from a distance base on their previous conduct Akhbari has been the best GK who play at IPL last of game in ahwaz versus Foulad. Hopefully Akhbari will start versus Kyrgyzstann.

Vingada replaced Norollahi ( Perspolic) and Aram Abbasi (Fajr) for Khanzadeh. Khanzadeh only join the team a week prior to this game and there was no time to coordinate with Daneshgar (Fajr).

Daneshgar was very good DM for U19 but during U19 game vs Korea 2 years ago he was used as RB letting Cheshmi start as DM. It was losing experience.
                              Vingada is using Daneshgar as CD and for months he was paired with Aram Abbasi (Fajr) , Norollahi (Perspolis) sometimes Ghorbani . Daneshgar did not play good .
                              against Vietnam.

Rouzbeh Cheshmi is best choice for CD , he has played as started for all 6 Saba game this season. For U19 for most of games he was paired with Kanani (Malavan) except that failed experience.
                              Vingada should use Rouzbeh for next game.He has played against Kyrgyz before.
                              Heidarieh, Vakia more likely will start , they are better than their alternatives.
                              Yaghoob Karimi,Kaveh, Sharifi , Ganji should start. Kaveh and Sharifi did not play well together but they are better alternative than Rezavand.
                              Mosalman, Ali Karimi ( possible) will start , while Esmaeili, Pahlavan are options for Karimi.

They need to score few goals.
                              This squad include few TM players , one WC player , too much to expect high score against Kyrks?

CQ will watch this game , so does rest of Iranian coaches and fans to see if these players deserve TM invitation.

Comment

With some exceptions , this is the team Omid team will face.

These pic are from Jan International Tournament which we were invited but did not go.
                                We did attend with U19 a yeear before.

Comment

Working...
                                X