TM U22-Football at the 2016 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    By the way boys and girls, we beat Vietnam 1-0 in the last Asian Games in our final group game which we didn't even need to win.

In the 12 months before Mansourian resigned, U-22/23 TM had not lost a single game, playing opponents like Turkey, S. Korea and Morocco! In fact, in all of 2012 and 2013 TM lost a SINGLE GAME under Mansourian and I believe that was with an experimental squad against Syria the 2nd time we played them in a week! In the 9 months since Mansourian left, the same team has won just one game and even that wasn't under Vingada!

All of this obviously doesn't point to neglect in the past 30 years, or Iran not having the talent, or blah blah blah. It points to one thing and one thing only and that's coaching. And the coach should have been replaced before we even started this tournament with his shitty record of not having won a single game. But when performance and results don't play into decisions, this is the end result - at any level, for any sport, in any country.
    Mansourian quit the job specifically because he couldn't handle the lack of attention and the lack of cooperation from clubs.

Comment

wow! .. just tuned in and notice the score line. What a sad day! .. I guess this is our new low!!

And ... pls don't blame the coach. It is a structural problem that we have been having with our U teams at all levels.

Comment

Is this guy Vingada fake?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Mansourian quit the job specifically because he couldn't handle the lack of attention and the lack of cooperation from clubs.
          I was a bit taken over by WC fever at the time , but didn't he resign because of that whole fiasco in the Kish camp and a couple of players getting thrown out 'cause they were photographed smoking a ghalyoon or some other retarded thing like that? I thought he was pretty much forced out.

But either way, what a successful coach wanted should have been a very good indication of what should have been done. I'm definitely not saying IFF is not at fault here, clearly they are even if it's for letting Mansourian go and picking Vingada.

Comment

IFF paid 160k to hire Vingada and that is what we get for 160k coach 4-1 lost to Vietnam.

وینگادا که هموطن کارلوس کی روش محسوب می شود،اسفندماه سال گذشته با قراردادی بالغ بر 160 هزار دلار سرمربیگری تیم امید را پذیرفت تا تیم ایران به مدال دربازیهای آسیایی 2014و صعود به المپیک ریو 2016 رهنمون کند.

Comment

Originally posted by Siavash View Post
              IFF paid 160k to hire Vingada and that is what we get for 160k coach 4-1 lost to Vietnam.
              وینگادا که هموطن کارلوس کی روش محسوب می شود،اسفندماه سال گذشته با قراردادی بالغ بر 160 هزار دلار سرمربیگری تیم امید را پذیرفت تا تیم ایران به مدال دربازیهای آسیایی 2014و صعود به المپیک ریو 2016 رهنمون کند.
              Saudi Arabia started the tournament with a 3 - 0 comprehensive win... It will soon be very difficult for some people on these forums to joke about them.
              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Wow..

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  By the way boys and girls, we beat Vietnam 1-0 in the last Asian Games in our final group game which we didn't even need to win.

In the 12 months before Mansourian resigned, U-22/23 TM had not lost a single game, playing opponents like Turkey, S. Korea and Morocco! In fact, in all of 2012 and 2013 TM lost a SINGLE GAME under Mansourian and I believe that was with an experimental squad against Syria the 2nd time we played them in a week! In the 9 months since Mansourian left, the same team has won just one game and even that wasn't under Vingada!

All of this obviously doesn't point to neglect in the past 30 years, or Iran not having the talent, or blah blah blah. It points to one thing and one thing only and that's coaching. And the coach should have been replaced before we even started this tournament with his shitty record of not having won a single game. But when performance and results don't play into decisions, this is the end result - at any level, for any sport, in any country.
                  Well said. We should judge our coaches based on the merit of their records and performance. Who cares if Vingada is from Portugal. If he can't win with what is available to him in Iran, then he isn't the right man for the job.
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I dont get where all this khareji coach vs vatani coach is coming from....

I feel like it stems from the fact that people want to keep CQ as opposed to a vatani coach?? (Please tell me if I'm wrong). IF that is what it is, I don't think people want CQ because he is khareji.... I think we want him because he is 100x better than any Iranian coach. Its just that simple.

I will say right here that I wish Mansourian was our Omid coach because he really impressed me with that team. I like him over Vingada..... but if he isn't an option, which he isn't, then I prefer Vingada over anyone in Iran... not because he is Portuguese, but because he is better than them.

I don't think it is a khareji vs vatani perspective, its more of a "most Iranian coaches are simply not that good" perspective.

Comment

With the preparation, hotels, food, the players were given, this is not very surprising. The defense and the keeper look like absolute shit, but our offense was just unlucky. Defensive discipline and shape takes preparation and time to adjust to, it isn't something you can just show up and do without practicing enough.

Sad result, but hopefully the players will get motivated from the loss and thrash the next team.

Comment

What an embarrassing showing at this edition of the Asian games. With all going wrong with this tournament, I present to you the cherry on top:

"Iran equipment official charged with sexual harassment
                        SEOUL Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38am IST

(Reuters) - South Korean police said on Tuesday they have charged an official with Iran's Asian Games delegation with sexual harassment and banned him from leaving the country following a complaint by a female volunteer at a soccer stadium.

The alleged incident occurred on Monday at Ansan Wa Stadium, one of the venues being used for the football competition at the Games in Incheon, west of Seoul.

Police said a 38-year-old Iranian man had been charged without physical detention and that while he had admitted touching the volunteer he did not consider his actions illegal.

An official from the Incheon Asian Games organisers (IAGOC) told Reuters on Tuesday that the Iranian was responsible for looking after the football team's equipment.

The volunteer said she had been touched by the Iranian official when they were taking a photo together, IAGOC said.

"We will have strong punishment ready for future perpetrators if anything like this incident happens again," said the IAGOC official.

"With the permission of the Olympic Council of Asia, we will come up with measures including bans from the Games and preventing them from leaving the country."

The 17th Asiad officially opens on Friday but the soccer competition kicked off on Sunday.

The Iranian men's football team were beaten 4-1 by Vietnam at the stadium on Monday."

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0HB0FR20140916

Comment

^ Our culture is so fucked up...

A friend told me that when she was in Iran she got harassed in many public places like the metro and the bazaar by men as a woman!

Comment

Sob be heyr Iranian Friends! Shoma chetori? How ya doin'?

Comment

your an idiot if you think that's 'our culture'... perverts exist in every society regardless of nationality.
                              sigpic

Comment

Re: TM U22-Football at the 2016 Summer Olympics

Originally posted by aryanirani View Post
                                your an idiot if you think that's 'our culture'... perverts exist in every society regardless of nationality.
                                Sure, I'm an idiot..at least I despise an OFFICIAL for being such a bad example for a country and this is not the first time something like this happened with an Iranian official. In Brazil, there was a kid harassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X