Serious issue upfront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious issue upfront

With Taremi aging and being out of shape and Sardar injuries issues, coach should seriously consider trying younger alternatives from now until the next WC
    There is always possibility both big 2 be in top of their game in 2026 but way too risky
    Considering age issue of like Alipour, Moghanlou i rather invest on following players:
    1.SaharKhizan
    2. Azadi
    3. Start the process of inviting Kaveh
    Please discuss realistically and without dreaming 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, attempting to discuss realistically is a nice way of avoiding the fact that the people in charge of Iran's football have no idea how to run a program.

The process of selection of players in Iran is as simple and unnuanced as "big name, call up and start".

Playing Hazbavi, Hardani, Fallah etc last game was an anomaly compared to how TM squads are usually picked.

The problem is that everyone from GN to IFF etc know they wont be faulted for continuing to pick Taremi and Azmoun until they are on a ventilator so its business as usual.

Our football is stagnant in identity. I was going to make a thread exploring the midfield issue soon as a major symptom of this.

As of right now, our forward tactics are get the ball to Azmoun or Taremi, hope they have a cute 1-2 and take their chances.

The backup is send both into the boxes and Inshallah crosses into them.

These were strategies, modern teams used in the 90s/early 2000s. Almost every team now uses a front three with two interchanging wingers and a pressing forward(Haaland, Hojlund, Jackson, Nunez) or a finisher(Lewandowski, Kane, Martinez).

We are still in the thinking of Azizi-Daei Hashemian-Daei for some reason.

Comment

Mohebi needs to move upfront with Ghaeidi playing on the left.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
        Yes please, he has a good first touch and strong in air...but his second touch is awful and he can't feed any of our front strikers which is why our left side always collapses since he plays winger in 4-4-2. We need creativity on the wings and that's Mohebi's absolute worst quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
          We need long term solution and pure striker there

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

We need long term solution and pure striker there

A long-term solution requires a revolution. For now, we should work with what we have.

"History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Why start this narrative now? Taremi and Azmoun are still really good, sure not in their primes but still really good. This is a conversation for after 2026 WC.

Comment

We have tons of potential : Saharkhizan, Aghaeipour (reminds me Taremi), Taheri, Allahyar, Azadi, Kahveh, Eckert

Remain to be seen how they will develop

Comment

Of all the positions, Striker and wingers are the positions of least concern. Massive talent pool.

Only time I'd start worrying is if Taremi is pulls a 2006 Daei and not retire after the 2026 world cup. That would hinder the development and integration of new talents.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                    Of all the positions, Striker and wingers are the positions of least concern. Massive talent pool.

Only time I'd start worrying is if Taremi is pulls a 2006 Daei and not retire after the 2026 world cup. That would hinder the development and integration of new talents.
                    Unfortunately and my strong feeling is Taremi will start in 2 years and he pulls a Daei

Comment

As long as Taremi is running and moving like he does right now, he can stay till whenever. Taremi and old Daei were way different players. Taremi can play multiple roles on the field for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Unfortunately and my strong feeling is Taremi will start in 2 years and he pulls a Daei

Daei played the full 90 min of virtually every single TM match, never giving way to younger players... Not even in friendly matches vs the weakest opponents... Was pretty much never ever subbed out. He also played until he was 37 and unable to even sprint.

Taremi has A LONG WAY to go before he pulls a Daei. I love Daei overall. Don't get me wrong... But I admit he clearly overstayed his welcome and did not do what was best for the team near the end of his career.

Also, just curious... What have you seen from Taremi to indicate that he'll overstay his welcome in TM? just wondering if there's something you noticed that gave you this strong feeling.

Comment

It's not like we use Taremi as a striker anymore anyways. He's always dropping deep to midfield like a CAM while our wingers and Sardar move up. He hasn't had his speed in a while for a few years now due to age, he's become more of a intelligent 1-2 touch player with good positioning which makes age less important.

Comment

Striker is quite literally the last issue we have a depth issue with. GK, CB, and CM is significantly worse from a depth perspective….Taremi is in a slump with TM but he will get out of it eventually and azmoun just needs to stay healthy. When they are not there we should have Alipour come in who has played with Taremi quite a bit and fits the system very well. Hopefully Kaveh Zahiroleslam gets called up soon too so he can get some TM experience while he is young and is developing so in 2-3 years he is ready to have a significant role. Add an in form zahedi to the list and now you have 5 competent/serviceable strikers that you can win games with.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I also wrote about this in another post but David Garabaghi Stuckler has again broke 30 g/A this season for Cremonese U19 (second in a row), and he also has interests from multiple Serie A clubs. Cremonese senior team will also be promoted to Serie A themselves at the end of the season if they win next few games. He also has started to gain interest from Danish media....

It would be outright negligence to not cap this kid and Kaveh in the next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X