Candidates for rejuvenating TM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Khiabani absolutely spot on on the lack of young players in our league, taking Germany 2002 as example, on how Bundesliga clubs help NT in development young players, on how Spain, France and England NT have several U20 players in their NT not 24 - 25 - 26 years old.
    The fan pressure is huge on tm I used to think is top 7 in world , now I think is top 5...that kind pressure and want win every single friendly, practice match coaches can't go young they scare lose their job.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      My top 10 choices:

1) Khodadad Azizi (you know you wanna see it)
      2) One of the Gol Bezan guys
      3) Sherwin
      4) Amoo Ballers Coalition
      5) A duo of General Ghaleneoi and General Parsaian
      6) Arash Naeni
      7) Sir Patrick Stewart
      8) Hossein Kaabi once he reaches age 21
      9) Daniel Erfan Okechukwu Olerum
      10) 1992's finest produce to take off those chainzzzz
      Khodadad "man footballist budam hamechi mifahmam" Azizi

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

The fan pressure is huge on tm I used to think is top 7 in world , now I think is top 5...that kind pressure and want win every single friendly, practice match coaches can't go young they scare lose their job.
        Khiabani said it too, coach don't want to lose, but in Germany, top 3 league of the world, they put the national interest above anything else

Comment

According to some Twitter sources that are generally right (not always...), TM assistant coaches tried to reach out to Eckert to recruit him but neither his dad nor him own an Iranian passport apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
            According to some Twitter sources that are generally right (not always...), TM assistant coaches tried to reach out to Eckert to recruit him but neither his dad nor him own an Iranian passport apparently

paperwork can be accelerated for cases like him.

It’s encouraging TM staff is reaching out to him.

Comment

Get these guys to the Belgian consulate
              Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

paperwork can be accelerated for cases like him.

It’s encouraging TM staff is reaching out to him.
                FIFA rules state only need one grandparent to have an Iranian passport and we are set .
                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

He's a really good player but his injury history concerns me... No doubt he will strengthen Team Melli though

Comment

The only thing that can rejuvenate GN's team is BOTOX or perhaps plastic surgery. :-)
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Rejuvenating TM doesn't mean only having to replace just because " we say we need to go young".

We need youth in the team but the more important theme is we need to change the culture and perception of the team.

Oracle is right that being called up is treated like the peak and even friendlies against Comoros is treated like a final. Its shallow and shows weak football knowledge of our media/federation to treat it that way.

TM needs to be a calling for players to serve the people of Iran and a position should be given based on talent and work ethic.

There are a lot of shady characters in place in Iranian football and above that get in the way of this.

Recruitment needs to be made a seamless process. From youth ages up. Diaspora recruitment does not need precedent but needs to be considered.

For a player pool, the small stuff doesnt matter. For example, if Eckert is only good for 30 minutes a game thats better than having Asadi on the bench as our only option and taking a roster spot.
                      If I'm a coach that is choosing my wingers I want a variety of players of different skillsets(pace demon, dribbler, defensive tracker, physical etc) to use as needed ingame.

Coach cannot just say "well he has been the winger for 5 yrs now" he will start all games ta goor.

We need to draw from all places and deepen our squad in all positions. No guarantees anymore. Competition is what improves performance in all aspects of life including football.

This is a major change and might feel like it depersonalizes TM for some but while we support our boys through and through we need them to compete and maintain professionalism too.

I want to hear about our teams sole focus being on beating their previous records.

Not about Kanaani upsetting a sheikh about a bus incident in Doha or Torabi/Ghaedi playing ghaayem mooshak

Comment

I personally like
                        Best 25 regardless of age ...

But
                        give playing time to young aria to also showcase himself and if Ramin is best rb and is better than aria the Ramin starts.

Comment

The issue is Arya is not even true RB...he was RW for team Omid and even he played RW under Mahdavikia. (That one turk kid who got banned last year was RB)

We need to call up Hardani. He's young and he's having a great season at RB. Plus he's a "true" right back. Someone like Andarz is way too young but I would be totally okay taking a risk on him based on his crazy qualities. Sometimes you need to propel mega talented young players into stardom and give them an edge early on.

Comment

The issue is Arya is not even true RB...he was RW for team Omid and even he played RW under Mahdavikia. (That one turk kid who got banned last year was RB)

We need to call up Hardani. He's young and he's having a great season at RB. Plus he's a "true" right back. Someone like Andarz is way too young but I would be totally okay taking a risk on him based on his crazy qualities. Sometimes you need to propel mega talented young players into stardom and give them an edge early on.
                            Exactly! I swear to god most people don't even watch domestic teams.

Aria hardly played FB for Sepahan and when he did he was terrible defensively. As you said, he's more of a RW/attacking WB. Morais tried him as FB twice and one of those times he was such a defensive liability that Morais switched him for Dabo 20 minutes into the match.

He's definitely talented enough to be integrated into the senior team eventually, but we have better FB options like Hardani.
                            Last edited by The; 02-26-2024, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X