CQ and GN Defense (Clean Sheets)/ statistics review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ and GN Defense (Clean Sheets)/ statistics review

Just looked at our 2018 WC qualifiers and Iran went 11 games in a row with a clean sheet. 11 freaking official games with zero goals conceded. Asian cup 2019 5 games in a row clean sheet and then Japan loss. That's 16/17 clean sheets. 94.1% clean sheet

Now look under GN: 2 WCQ and 6 Asian cup games we only kept 2 clean sheets against Hong Kong both times. Vaghean what a shit defense. 2/8 with GN.. 25% clean sheet.

I am too pissed off now to do a whole comparison but will do that too just to give some more depth to this.

This is the stat that matters for me:

Goals conceded in semi-finals: Both unfortunately 3.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
      Just looked at our 2018 WC qualifiers and Iran went 11 games in a row with a clean sheet. 11 freaking official games with zero goals conceded. Asian cup 2019 5 games in a row clean sheet and then Japan loss. That's 16/17 clean sheets. 94.1% clean sheet

Now look under GN: 2 WCQ and 6 Asian cup games we only kept 2 clean sheets against Hong Kong both times. Vaghean what a shit defense. 2/8 with GN.. 25% clean sheet.

I am too pissed off now to do a whole comparison but will do that too just to give some more depth to this.
      Some people don't like watching disciplined football...

I really enjoyed watching our lines and shape during the Queiroz era - as my football pundit friends would say "you guys are like a well-drilled club side"

I don't mind that some people like more haphazard kickabout football, just that they are realistic about other aspects of the team and the context in which they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        This is the stat that matters for me:

Goals conceded in semi-finals: Both unfortunately 3.
        I thought we weren't reducing coaches down to their worst game? Was that you who said that, or someone else? Funny how when we compare to todays game being an utter failure that is history making in how so many records for us were broken by this loss, some of you cry out "don't judge GN on one game!!" Then when we look at stats beyond the game, you say "but what about Japan loss!!!" Pick one, seriously. Neither really bodes well for GN. He lost to a weaker team by the same goals conceded as CQ as 2019, and the rest of his tenure is packed with bumbling mistake-prone football that we never saw under CQ. So today you can say he's as bad as CQ was at his worst, but the other games show him to be weaker, so there's literally no argument to be made for him other than your gut feeling that you didn't like TM under CQ's style.

Comment

What exactly is so bad with keeping a dozen consecutive clean sheets? When did a strong defensive unit, European club-style shape of team and discipline on the pitch become so "boring" for people?

I know we never got there in practice, but surely our best chance of success with the players at our disposal and the context of IR psychological shadow is to emulate Greece in Euro 2004. Needs luck, sure, but isn't it about just maximising chances? We were one kick away in 2018. We aren't mentally strong enough to win a trophy with free-flowing entertaining football with Rezaeian in the opposite team's stands and defensive lines looking like a jigsaw puzzle

What do people realistically want exactly? After 45 years can we just be a little realistic...?

Comment

I don't know about you guys. But honestly, I think 3-2 against Qatar is way more embarrassing than 6-2 against England. Not to say 6-2 wasn't embarrassing.

Comment

By FAR my biggest question is what is Antonio Manicone doing in the team as a person whose job is to handle defensive transition tactics?

Everyone should take a look at this Twitter thread by Arya:

http://twitter.com/Arya_Allahverdi/s...LyPzBMnKQ&s=19

Our defensive structure is so amateur with Kanaani and Rezaeian to pick out in particular

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
                By FAR my biggest question is what is Antonio Manicone doing in the team as a person whose job is to handle defensive transition tactics?

Everyone should take a look at this Twitter thread by Arya:

http://twitter.com/Arya_Allahverdi/s...LyPzBMnKQ&s=19

Our defensive structure is so amateur with Kanaani and Rezaeian to pick out in particular
                It says the opposite. We have tactics, but they don't actually try to win the ball back!

Comment

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X