IRAN vs JAPAN post match thread and player ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
    Guys, am I sleep deprived or is number 16 keeping Azmoun completely onside?

Exactly they focused on the center back, but the right back was covering him at least on this image.

Would have loved to see it from another angle.

Envoyé de mon A065 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Something I wanted to point out:

Saman has been a psychology PhD in this tournament.

anyone else notice how he waited on the PK spot for both Taremi’s PK and ARJ’s PK to psyche out the GK? He would even yell at the opposing players to clear the goal line and instruct the ref about it. He even psyched out the commentators who thought he was taking it. Meanwhile, the real PK takers are in The back getting mentally ready. This is 3-D chess level genius!!!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

anyone else notice how he waited on the PK spot for both Taremi’s PK and ARJ’s PK to psyche out the GK? He would even yell at the opposing players to clear the goal line and instruct the ref about it. He even psyched out the commentators who thought he was taking it. Meanwhile, the real PK takers are in The back getting mentally ready. This is 3-D chess level genius!!!
        Saman is a gem!

Comment

I saw another EPL team use this tactic, it might have even been Brentford but I remember how it was a lauded as being a clever move on match of the day.

Comment

Another mind boggling realization:

did we really not use a sub until after 90 minutes!!!!

I would love to hear GN’s reasoning (which I’m not questioning obviously, but genuinely curious about).

did he think it would disrupt the flow of the match like it did vs Syria?

Comment

I was watching the replay. At the 90th minute, there were 4 minutes of added time. At the 3 minute mark, the penalty was called, so ofcourse after the penalty was taken, we were at the 5 minute mark. The ref instead of giving just one minute of extra time to Japan, called the game in the middle of the 9th minute mark giving the Japanese 3 extra minutes which as we saw gave them opportunities to attack.
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                I was watching the replay. At the 90th minute, there were 4 minutes of added time. At the 3 minute mark, the penalty was called, so ofcourse after the penalty was taken, we were at the 5 minute mark. The ref instead of giving just one minute of extra time to Japan, called the game in the middle of the 9 minute mark giving the Japanese 3 extra minutes which as we saw gave them opportunities to attack.
                You're forgetting the triple sub. There is no conspiracy here.

The ref was superb, we need to accept that!
                you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                  I was watching the replay. At the 90th minute, there were 4 minutes of added time. At the 3 minute mark, the penalty was called, so ofcourse after the penalty was taken, we were at the 5 minute mark. The ref instead of giving just one minute of extra time to Japan, called the game in the middle of the 9th minute mark giving the Japanese 3 extra minutes which as we saw gave them opportunities to attack.
                  This is not true. I just watch the second half again on youtube. The penalty was called at the 3 minute mark. So 1 minute before the game should end.
                  He then started the game again around 98.25. And finished the game at 99.30. That seems perfectly correct.

Comment

Originally posted by dcpp View Post
                    Exactly they focused on the center back, but the right back was covering him at least on this angle
                    Forget about this Var, the only team it helps are the ARAB teams ! ( basically Saudi Arabia and Qatar)

VAR = Video Arab Referee

no team scares me more than the VAR team, god willing, we beat Qatar fair and square and not have to deal with all these dubious VAR calls against us……

Comment

The most beautiful moment of the game was Omid Ebrahimi, at 36 years old, sprinting out (with ball) the young Japanese player after 95+ minutes of high tempo football.

Comment

Maybe its General tactic ?
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post

Forget about this Var, the only team it helps are the ARAB teams ! ( basically Saudi Arabia and Qatar)

VAR = Video Arab Referee

no team scares me more than the VAR team, god willing, we beat Qatar fair and square and not have to deal with all these dubious VAR calls against us……
                          i admit the Chinese ref was overall fair ...!! but the VAR crew really screwed us over big time..!!
                          on the shot from shoja japanese defender clearly move his hand away from his body to block it...! they didnt even bother to give it a second look and if they did they turned the blind eye to it and off course the Bs offside call on Sardar's brilliant finish was ignorant AF .. If this was Gutter playing they woulda gotten all those calls to their favor by var and then some..!

Comment

watching their goal back, its a shocking error by beiro. the balls basically passed to him in the centre. The only thing i can assume is that he was expecting a decent shot which left him unbalanced and unsteady. hopefully his mistakes are behind him now and he will come to save us again in the semis

Comment

Originally posted by AhuraMazda1 View Post

Saman is a gem!
                              True... the unsung hero today in my view ....!
                              he played his heart out .. pressed the shitt outa japanies players All Over the pitch and made himself available as a passing outlet and as usual was his brilliant self in transition ..!!
                              our equalizer started out with him mad-rushing the jap keeper forcing him to semi-clear it to ARJ who laid the ball back to the top of box to sadar for that classy, velvet-touch through-ball to Mohebi..!!
                              Sammy was the king of Intangibles Contributions today ...!! him and similarly so Ebrahimi ..!!

Bei and Milmo were bit underwhelming ... nearly everyone else had an standout performance ... especially in 2nd half..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                SHIRRRREH RAAAAAAAAAMIN ..!!
                                "Sharaf, Sharaf" mentions in his lil speech was an exact reference and huge and well-deserved Bilaakh to those VatanFooroosh, Low Life scums who were screaming Bi-Sharaf @ our players during the World Cup ..!!

ps
                                you can tell the interviewer was getting nervous about what siasi comment he may make next and kept trying to quickly cut him off
                                I’ll never forget when I got robbed of that Canada match. I don’t know when I’ll be in Iran next to see TM… But in Canada I bought 9 tickets for the match, all my Canadian friends know team melli players old and new, they were gonna come to the stadium. I bought a flight, planned the day, a whole trip to not only see iran, but our A team! And for what, did the match being canceled make anyone that wanted it cancelled’s life better ? No all it did was get forgotten for them, but forever ruin and rob true fans a once in a lifetime expericne.
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X