No announcement yet.

IRAN vs JAPAN post match thread and player ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m sorry but wtf does the article posted on the front page of our website have the wrong name of the Persian gulf listed?!
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

^ I will correct it
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2416uNg06q/

our national wrestling team celebrating the win inside olympic training hall!

spirit of takhti watching over them

Last edited by webmaster; 02-03-2024, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I think we played very flimsy and gave the ball away, too many times. Japan had a couple of chances they should have scored, and so did we. I'm glad we won, but I'm not impressed at all.

Comment

Originally posted by aariaa View Post
            I think we played very flimsy and gave the ball away, too many times. Japan had a couple of chances they should have scored, and so did we. I'm glad we won, but I'm not impressed at all.
            So by your logic Iran must play a game, without any errors, and not give a single opportunity to the opponent for you to be impressed? How you can watch this game, consider everything that went to it, and fact than they changed tactics, came back and won, and still say you weren’t impressed at all is hilarious
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Thats not what I said. And our tactical change was just upping the pressure and playing more aggressively.

Comment

Wanted to give a quick shoutout to japan and all of their players for their class and professionalism on the pitch. No grass rolling, no complaining to ref, no dirty antics, and humble in defeat. Such a breath of fresh air compared to the usual teams we face in Asia. The Japanese are really inspirational on the pitch

Comment

Bro i think you need a happy pill, we dominated them for the entire 2nd half and we knocked JAPAN out, just enjoy the moment, these moments are rare for us Iranians.

Comment

Very happy for the win. Don't have much to add, other than I was/am very emotional (in a good way). I can't believe I am praising GN, but I must give him credit for putting the right squad on the field, and those players for playing cohesively. This Japan squad is the same who took Croatia to PKs in WC2022, and absolutely mauled the USA in a friendly, recently (among other impressive recent wins).

That being said, there are still some.. I dunno.. crazy takes being written here. I'll address two of them:

1) Those of you criticizing Beiro, especially for not saving Japan's goal against us? Are you crazy? Have you ever even played in your back yard with friends? You all know how hard it is for a keeper to save a PK, right? Well how gd hard do you think it is for a keeper to save against an opponent who is coming at him, with no help from his defense, because they casually got burned? And by they way, there is no "they". If you go back, you'll see that Kanani, for some inexplicable reason, just LET MORITA GO AROUND HIM, and watched as he went towards goal. Speaking of which..

2) I know Kanani played decently overall and made up for his defensive error that lead to Morita's goal, by winning our PK. But despite all his strengths (of which is physical strength is the top of the list), he is a terrible 1v1 defender. Terrible. If you guys don't "see it", you are fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Taremi can play off the left like CQ days (Madzukic type FWD role but with more creative ability). The only issue is saeid midfield partner. Omid made it today but honestly he was very poor until the last 35 mins. And he cant last 2 more games. Still think Torabi as an 8 helping saman and saeid is our best line up at the present time.
                      Omid was poor? Not a chance. He did have one bad screw-up that started a Japan counter (in our defensive half), which almost resulted in a Japan goal. That aside, he was definitely controlling midfield, and when necessary, he dropped to the back-line and distributed beautiful long-balls to both sides of the field. Plus, he actually was able to hold the ball, accelerate forward and distribute on-the-run. His defensive work was solid, too. (Speaking of which, ARJ was amazing defensively, today)

Please tell me why he was "poor". I honestly don't know what game half of you watch. It's as if a player makes ONE mistake, and all of the sudden, "he sucks".

Comment

Are you the child of two robots?

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post

Bro i think you need a happy pill, we dominated them for the entire 2nd half and we knocked JAPAN out, just enjoy the moment, these moments are rare for us Iranians.
                          I am happy we won, but I am concerned about how often our defence gets exposed. Additionally, we are spending too much time looking for someone to pass to, leading to either giving away possession or resorting to long balls in the hope they'll find a target. I notice the same problem when we are attacking.

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post
                            Wanted to give a quick shoutout to japan and all of their players for their class and professionalism on the pitch. No grass rolling, no complaining to ref, no dirty antics, and humble in defeat. Such a breath of fresh air compared to the usual teams we face in Asia. The Japanese are really inspirational on the pitch
                            Exactly, they are such a model

Comment

I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying... 🥹🥺😭
                              https://fb.watch/p-5mBTVgTK/

Comment

The 1 good game (all in education city stadiums) then a bad game thing keep going.

Even starting from wc22 : England bad, wales good, usa bad, Palestine good, hk bad, uae good, syria bad, japan good..

Comment

Working...
                                X