Revenge from 1997 Golden goal 118 Min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revenge from 1997 Golden goal 118 Min

I just wanted to say what a great victory by Iran today. They avenged the 1997 overtime golden goal loss at a118th minute against Japan prior to meeting Australia for the 1998 World Cup. Today’s victory in the last minute with a great penalty by JB was truly remarkable. Iran truly showed heart today and fought with everything they had. Congratulations to everyone.

I remember watching that game on Eurosport. That was the first time I ever watched Team Melli. Ali Daei was so close to scoring couple of minutes before the golden goal. But it ended all okay when we eliminated Australia. No other team in Asia could have come close to eliminating Australia in those years. They eliminated Uruguay four years later. I think we were fortunate against Australia and unfortunate against Asian teams

Comment

In 20 years people will rewatch this game and revel on what we accomplished.

We played football and dominated a fantastic team.

Comment

Originally posted by AhuraMazda1 View Post
        In 20 years people will rewatch this game and revel on what we accomplished.

We played football and dominated a fantastic team.
        ehhhhhh, maybe if we win it all

Comment

should have actually been a 4-1 win
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Avenged the shit 3-0 loss 4 years ago too
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Damn it feels good to win. Was a long time since we pulled one of these. Hopefully a crushing of Qatar will follow.

Comment

Working...
              X