No announcement yet.

Iran vs. Japan - [Match Thread] | Asian Cup 2023 | Saturday, February 3rd |

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything can happen. We must believe believe, and believe some more. We can win against japan. Have a feeling Asadi will get decent amount of time in this game, same with moghanlou. 3:30 am alarm set

Comment

This game against Japan is one of these games that all these players, even though they may not be the best players we could’ve had have to rise to the occasion and play above their level for 90 minutes. We beat Japan. We’re pretty much gonna end up in the final.

Japan attacks in waves that means sharp, quick one touch, technical passing into thr open spaces finding the open player who takes a shot doesn’t play with the ball. You learn how to control the midfield you can beat them ..

Comment

True that anything can happen - and our defenders against Korea in that amazing 2004 QF win are a lot worse than our current defenders

I just have nightmares about four tiny little ninja Japanese running at Cheshmi

Comment

-------Kolah Ghermezi-------------
          ​​​​-----------------Pesar Khaleh--------
          -------Samad Agha-----------------
          The---------------------------------OffF
          ------------ChAiNz------ARe---------
          Looloo Goozoo-----------General Parsaian
          ------------Iranyar-------Lezawang
          ----------------------------------------------
          -------------------Morjad----------------

Opponents:
          🇯🇵Wakabayashi 🇯🇵Ishizaki
          🇯🇵Jito
          🇯🇵Matsuyama
          🇯🇵Soda
          🇯🇵Masao
          🇯🇵Kazuo
          🇯🇵Misaki
          🇯🇵Misugi
          🇯🇵Tsubasa
          🇯🇵Kajiro

Comment

If jun misugi hadn't had that heart attack he would have been elite

Comment

Formation: Same as before since who the hell knows if they have practiced anything else
              GK: Beiranvand, hopefully he doesnt leave some of his IQ points in the locker room this time
              CB: Kanani and Shoja assuming Shojas muscles havent turned into ab goosht from running 120+ minutes at age 34
              LB: Hajsafi because MilMo is not a footballer
              RB: Rezaian because we have no other choice
              CM: Ghoddos because he is the only midfielder who can properly control a pass and track down a runner and Ezatollahi because we need a big bastard in the middle to win some headers
              RM: Gholizadeh so that we actually have a threat
              LM: ARJ but only because..
              ST: Ghaedi and Azmoun. Ghaedi because he knows the position and has played fantastic this tournament, and will provide more creativity, speed, and linkup than any of the slow/old/clumsy bench forwards we have

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post
                Anything can happen. We must believe believe, and believe some more. We can win against japan. Have a feeling Asadi will get decent amount of time in this game, same with moghanlou. 3:30 am alarm set
                After having listened to post match interviews of the players, I must say, this near-death experience at the Syria match seems to have really brought the team together. They had so much faith and cohesion amongst eachother. Taremi will be missed, but honestly, we have excellent PK takers (as demonstrated against Syria), and we have great shot takers. The two things we NEED to work on in the next 2 days before Japan match: delivery to our shot takers and finishing by our strikers. If these two things can be fine tuned, we have a chance against Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

After having listened to post match interviews of the players, I must say, this near-death experience at the Syria match seems to have really brought the team together. They had so much faith and cohesion amongst eachother. Taremi will be missed, but honestly, we have excellent PK takers (as demonstrated against Syria), and we have great shot takers. The two things we NEED to work on in the next 2 days before Japan match: delivery to our shot takers and finishing by our strikers. If these two things can be fine tuned, we have a chance against Japan.
                  I'm really worried about getting caught on the counter not gonna lie....Taremi having to track back to cover so hard for Ramin and Milad is one of the reasons why he got that second yellow today

Comment

MEHDI CRYING TODAY ,
                    He cried for his team melli.
                    If tm wins it all
                    those scenes of crying like that will
                    Be showN 50 YEARS FROM NOW advertising
                    2073 ac....

Shoja khalizad was warrior today and had one for the ages.

GENERAL 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬deh

Comment

Originally posted by FeLFeL View Post

I've never heard Ferdowsipour or Khiabani pronounce it HajEEsafi. They've always pronounced it as it's written 'Hajsafi'
                      He said it himself in an interview I think on Navad he said it’s actually Haji Safi but it’s always mispronounced and he goes by Hajsafi now. Can’t blame the commenters to pronouncing the letter that is clearly there in his name lol
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

We should move Ramin to RW; the guy does not defend and we need his crossed agaisnt Japan. The only way we are scoring is off a header since Taremi is the focal point for link up play between Azmoun & JB.

I luckily taking Ghoddos off didn’t bite us and he will be rested. Our CB situation is troubling, cheshmi is significantly worst than Kanaani and Hosseini, and Shoja looks so tired. Hajsafi also looks super gassed I’m worried about playing both Mohammadi and Ramin as wingbacks it’ll leave us super exposed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if both omid and Mohebi start the next matches and Ghaedi has slowed down, and Gholizadeh is proving to be a better sub on the wing. We hve enough to make adjustments upfront for Taremi (Gholizadeh, Torabi, and although I don’t rate him, Mohebi). I hope Moghadlou does not play.

Ridiculous that this next match is in 3 days AND got moved up to day time!

for Japan we must crowd the middle to avoid their quick passes, use our strength to get the ball off them, and focus on crosses to Azmoun. Azmoun will wake up and be motivated to shine with Taremi out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

I'm really worried about getting caught on the counter not gonna lie....Taremi having to track back to cover so hard for Ramin and Milad is one of the reasons why he got that second yellow today
                          Ramin in the dying minutes of the first half literally not only left his RB position , he sprinted into LW! Who the fuck does that when up 1-0 right before half?! This guy literally does not defend, I don’t recall seeing him make a single tackle the entire tournament. We really got hit with a severe blow with Moharrami getting injured, he is so much better defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                            This is an incredibly similar situation to the 2019 game despite Japan being much stronger than they were back then.

Taremi suspended
                            Question on who coach will pick as LW in the game(CQ picked Amiri instead of Torabi. Let's see who GN picks.
                            It’ll sadly be Mohebi since we need larger physical players for this match.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              If they ask me, before anything else I'd say dont play cute. You get the ball in a good position on the 18 yard line, try to bury it.
                              This tikitaka type of goals is not for us.
                              against Syria, on three occasions of the 1-2 through ball we saw, the passer had a good sight of goal (especially JB's to taremi where JB should have shot the ball).
                              I dont know if it was overcofidence or presence of female fans or just arrogance. Whatever the reason for getting cute, should be discarded against Japan.
                              It is so frustrating to watch. I swear it's like they taroof with each other. Just bury the damn ball. I miss the days of Bagheri's thunderous shots that would make the opposition GK tremble in fear. As you said, today there were multiple chances for a shot but too many follow up passes ruined the chances.

Comment

One thing we must work on is long range shots. As others have mentioned, long range shots are crucial with this Japanese goalie, but the issue is none of our players seem to be able to shoot a long range shot on target that is not straight at the goalie. Strange for such elite players. They should practice those

Comment

Working...
                                X