I remember Webmaster picked Taremi to be a top player 10 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Webmaster picked Taremi to be a top player 10 years ago

I remember Mr Webmaster aziz opened a thread about 10 years ago to say we should all watch Taremi because he is going to be a hell of a player
    now we can see. Our most successful player at club level, scorin bicycle kick goals in champions league semi finals, had Inter & Ac Milan fight for him. Top scorer in Portugal, let a club like Porto keep him for 1 more yr rather than sell him for 15 mil $
    Hes my fave player no doubt.

How did Queiroz not call him up for 2014 wc ? Imagine him and gucci together?
    Also he wasnt picked for 2015 AC
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

You think Taremi of a decade ago was this polished? He's developed so much as a player since then. A 2014 Taremi would not have been half as disciplined as a Gucci. You know yourself under CQ we would've never played them together.
    you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
    sigpic

Comment

Didn't Taremi just sign for Persepolis from IranJavan right before World cup?

It would have taken balls of steel to call him up then.

Comment

My first memory of him is from that thread webmaster opend. It was when he scored for persepolis in asian CL against an arab team and he did the throat slash gesture. Guys a Persian warrior
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Taremi was Borhani level. His development has been astonishing.

Comment

95% of this forum were angry Taremi was called up to 2018 world cup, let alone 2014 when he hadn't yet established himself in any way! This was soon after he hadn't played professionally for a year

Queiroz got him out of oblivion as people were wanting Gucci, Dejagah and Ansarifard, possibly one or two others to be ahead of him for 2014

Webmaster hyped him earlier than most of the rest of the forum, fair play for spotting the talent.

I also remember Martin-Reza spotting Nekounam's potential years before most others were talking about him

Comment

CQ did not include Sardar either for 2014 and Sardar himself admitted that back then, he didn't deserve to be there.

Comment

2014 was when Webmaster first posted about Taremi - he was fresh out of Iranjavan and his military wilderness, having not gained a professional contract 18 months earlier.

Between 2014-2018 a lot of people realised he had talent, but I don't think anyone saw him as becoming a star. There were a huge number of other players people spoke about over him.

2018 and Queiroz picked him for WC when most forum members didnt want him in the squad. I thought he hustled and played well for our best world cup, then he became public enemy again after missing that last chance against Portugal

It was only 2019 that people realised we have a player here - i remember on the forum there were a good number of us who realised his absence against Japan due to that stupid yellow card would be critical. He signed for Rio Ave after the phone call between two Carloses, and him and Sardar dominated our '22 WCQ + the rest is history

Comment

Thanks PGF.

Taremi was a perfect player even then it was the team that did not build their game around him like nowadays or he just needed more experience/time to show everybody what he was made of. I saw how he carried the ball how he shot and how he dribbled and ran fast. I saw that he was always where he needed to be and placement of any players is the most important thing. He was a smart player in development and I saw that.

I remember many of the members here made fun of my comments (they mostly do because I bring up stuff they never even think about so their first reaction is to ridicule them but I don't care) and they said he has a long way to go because he missed some opportunities but never even talked about him creating those opportunities himself. And then his penalty getting started to embolden.

He has developed a lot in the past 10 years but his main things never changed. I have never ever opened another thread like that for any other players because honestly it is seldom there is any talent in IPL. I have been watching enough to see that. I hope you do too.
                  Last edited by webmaster; 01-28-2024, 04:15 PM.
                  __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

He was amazing from day one. Daei bought him to Persepolis after literally just watching Taremi run for a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      Didn't Taremi just sign for Persepolis from IranJavan right before World cup?

It would have taken balls of steel to call him up then.
                      Let's not forget for first half season when medi came HE WAS BACK UP TO MAMAD ABBASS PALANG.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        He was amazing from day one. Daei bought him to Persepolis after literally just watching Taremi run for a few minutes.
                        First thing I said after watching taremi in pp was,
                        HE CAN BECOME NASSER MAMADKHANI...and he has not disappoint and in tm all time team after Revloution this is my line up top 20.

Abedzadeh
                        Kia. Panjali moharami
                        khodadad bagheri karimi bayani taremi
                        . Daie. Mamadkhani

bench
                        ashkan dejageh,sardar,alidosti,biravand,seyed jalal,Namjo motlag, jn,derakhshan,

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
                          You think Taremi of a decade ago was this polished? He's developed so much as a player since then. A 2014 Taremi would not have been half as disciplined as a Gucci. You know yourself under CQ we would've never played them together.
                          Yes he was good and above our IPL standards. If you did not see, it is not his fault but perhaps your lack of scouting abilities or just simple blunder. Taremi is a all around player with a good style and physique and pretty smart as well and only those who see players instead of seeing games or goals, can see it hence some people have everything to be the best they just need a chance. I saw it in him but many like you didn't. At least now you can see it.

But if what you say is true that he was nothing special and developed later, then I must be a great man who can foresee the future, so thank you. :-)

We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

When Taremi started you could see he had the special talent. Unfortunately he wasn't a sharp finisher then so he got a lot of hate for missing chances. Even in Qatar he still had that problem but as others mentioned his overall game was still excellent and he was a handful to defend.

he's not quite as fast and the spring in his foot isn't quite what it was a few years ago, but he showed up in the UAE game and surprised me. Maybe it's mostly a mental issue that he's not been at his best in Porto this year as well, although he's developed other aspects of his game, his playmaking, his perfectly timed runs, etc.

He is/was a mercurial player, something we hadn't had in a long time in Iranian football. Maybe a little bit of Nikbakht who never reached his potential.

I remember even in 2018, some fans questioned why this player from the Qatari league always started, over Ashkan and Gucci, but he was an amazing player then even if he was playing in Qatar. I remember vividly when he faced Sergio Ramos, the look of astonishment on Sergio Ramos face after a few duels... Like who the hell is this guy 😂. He is and was a nightmare to defend against.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

back then (and even now still) i wasnt following IPL/ACL action so the only glimpses id get of him was already after his breakthrough in PP and pretty much during the TM games..!
                              must say that i liked his size, athleticism and rated his clever overall approach to the game barring his often frustrating sloppy finishing/final touches (tad bit similar to Mohebi vibes currently..! )
                              In TM fold I certainly preferred him to the vastly overrated Ansarifard (who was i think IPL aghaye goal at the time?? and most pundits were were picking him as the heir apparent to Daie..!! 👀 )
                              regardless of his evident Raw Footballing Talent and good size N frame and general footballing potential, admittedly i figured him more as an amateur koskhol, dahatieh hezbolahi who was destined for ayrab leagues and general failure as an international caliber footballer and sure to become a wasted talent..!!?
                              ps
                              i highly doubt he woulda been able to reach his full potential w/o professional guidance from CQ and off course him convincing him to leave his comfort zone in gutter to go to eu..!!

Comment

Working...
                              X