Is it honorable to lose on purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it honorable to lose on purpose?

After what has happened in some of the games we have seen in this cup is it really honorable to lose on purpose to avoid another team in the playoffs? I understand winning the championship and all that. However for me the matter of principle and the integrity of the sport goes first. I am interested to know how others feel.
    No way. Always do your best!
    86.84%
    Depends on the situation!
    7.89%
    Yes its fine and nothing wrong with it!
    5.26%
    Other: Explain please!
    0%

You are representing your country and it’s own people, to lose on purpose is beyond shameful
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Only iranian would accuse other countries of losing on purpose but at the same time getting upset as to why we didnt throw our games 😂
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I am glad to see that mostly everyone feels the same on this. Hopefully those that did throw games do end up losing and this shall become a lesson for them!

Comment

Update on teams lost for easier bracket.
          1.jordan beat Iraq advanced to qf
          2.s.k pending
          3.thailand pending

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
            Update on teams lost for easier bracket.
            1.jordan beat Iraq advanced to qf
            2.s.k pending
            3.thailand pending
            South Korea "choosing" to play Saudi and then Australia over playing Iran and Japan is not "easier bracket" but equivalent.

Even the bande tombooni Iraqis have beaten Japan.

South Korea-Japan is a derby it doesnt matter if Japan was world cup winners they would have a chance. Just like how either PP or SS can be in relegation but still beat each other at top of the table

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

South Korea "choosing" to play Saudi and then Australia over playing Iran and Japan is not "easier bracket" but equivalent.

Even the bande tombooni Iraqis have beaten Japan.

South Korea-Japan is a derby it doesnt matter if Japan was world cup winners they would have a chance. Just like how either PP or SS can be in relegation but still beat each other at top of the table
              Klinsmann told Korean reporters extend your rooms until final...I don't think he would of said such thing if it was s.k vs Japan.....

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

Klinsmann told Korean reporters extend your rooms until final...I don't think he would of said such thing if it was s.k vs Japan.....
                Klinsmann yek kam magzesh pokhteh. Here is Haji Klinsmann claiming he would have got the US to the 2018 World cup semifinals.

Comment

Klinsmann yek kam magzesh pokhteh. Here is Haji Klinsmann claiming he would have got the US to the 2018 World cup semifinals.
                  We shall see tomorrow...
                  I am s.k fan tomorrow against ksa..

I BE CHANTING
                  DAE HAN MIN GUK👏👏👏👏👏👏
                  all game long

Comment

S.k never beat ksa in ac

Comment

S.k also advanced
                      both teams created their own destiny have advanced to next round..

Comment

^ we both know this is too much to handle for us Iranians culturally so let's just stay with that.
                        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                          ^ we both know this is too much to handle for us Iranians culturally so let's just stay with that.
                          You know what I noticed,
                          some just don't know in soccer this is the way it is and it should be, they compare soccer unwritten rules to real life rules and it gets twisted.

Comment

For all who thought Iran should have lost to UAE to change brackets.... Isn't this far sweeter?!! With pride intact and semi-final. Whatever happens next.
                            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Beating this clown is going to be sooooo sooooooo good

Comment

Working...
                              X