Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Poll] Lose against UAE and avoid Japan or beat UAE and face Japan before the final?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Poll] Lose against UAE and avoid Japan or beat UAE and face Japan before the final?

It's interesting to see the discussion among this, so I and King Oracle/Kateb wanted to make a poll to see overall thoughts among people, even though I lean towards beating UAE and meeting Japan early. I think meeting Japan will not be as bad, since we will have an advantage in R16 with a weaker team and Japan will be more depleted. At the same time, they may also have multiple suspensions if the match against Korea is a long haul and goes to extra time. Also worried that a loss against UAE would hurt the players' morale and potentially lose fan support even more.
    Lose against UAE, come in second, and avoid Japan until final
    11.94%
    Beat UAE, come in first, and play Japan before the final
    88.06%

Anyone hoping we lose against UAE is a coward and should rethink their cowardly position

Comment

Why would anyone want to play Japan in the final?

For literally every other team besides maybe Saudi we would have an edge mentally (Australia scared of repeat 1998, SK perennial chokers, Uzbekistan same)

If we beat Japan in QF. Semifinal opponent will be nervous wreck thinking how.

Comment

call me all names in the book, us oracle's
        are used to it.

lose to uae go minimum semi
        beat uae and go home after qf.

general is in tough position

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          Why would anyone want to play Japan in the final?

For literally every other team besides maybe Saudi we would have an edge mentally (Australia scared of repeat 1998, SK perennial chokers, Uzbekistan same)

If we beat Japan in QF. Semifinal opponent will be nervous wreck thinking how.
          No one want play japon period.hope other teams take them out for us.but final matches are different animals if want play them that's the plCe.

THOSE BRAVE England. Dumb a$$ choosed france way😅
          Instead of other way and look what happened to them..that england team would of taked argentina
          out with style ..

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
            call me all names in the book, us oracle's
            are used to it.

lose to uae go minimum semi
            beat uae and go home after qf.

general is in tough position
            Oracle jan, we are back in the era of aliasgar vaveyla bademjan so I'm sure you remember we lose to teams like China/UAE/Jordan in that era also.

No guarantee we beat them especially with footballe bendaz bala bendaz payeen lengesh kon

Comment

All gas, no brakes.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is dumb, we should just drop out if we seriously consider doing something like that. Are we that mentally weak that we can't handle a single hard game? Plus I'm sure most of us rather face Japan or South Korea just so we can finally see TM play them for once. It's been how many years since we played Japan? I'm tired of watching TM plays Arab sides and train for African Cup of Nations

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Oracle jan, we are back in the era of aliasgar vaveyla bademjan so I'm sure you remember we lose to teams like China/UAE/Jordan in that era also.

No guarantee we beat them especially with footballe bendaz bala bendaz payeen lengesh kon
                  This tm is perfect to beat arab teams..these group
                  of players dominated the Arab teams ,SKOCIC THOUGHT THEM HOW TO BEAT ARAB TEAMS.
                  Play around with them until 50 ,60 minutes then use your physical advantage ability and attack.
                  these group of players against arab teams have high confidence AND EVERY SINGLE OF ARAB TEAMS ARE SCARED SH. LESS OF TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
                    This is dumb, we should just drop out if we seriously consider doing something like that. Are we that mentally weak that we can't handle a single hard game? Plus I'm sure most of us rather face Japan or South Korea just so we can finally see TM play them for once. It's been how many years since we played Japan? I'm tired of watching TM plays Arab sides and train for African Cup of Nations
                    Japan will knock us in qf.
                    this is not dare devil contest, its not brave contest.
                    it's tournament and general owes it to 90 m people
                    to take us as far as possible..and put us in a position to do it.
                    What tm is trying to prove?
                    We are not scare of u Japan?, who cares u dropping 4 goals on teams left and right?,we are tm ?
                    then be ready for 4-1, 5-2 whooping 90 minutes
                    and go home qf.

I THINK GENERAL WILL talk to few people.
                    Cheraghpour, ibrahimi,and taj
                    And make the tough decision.

Comment

Japan will knock us in qf.
                      this is not dare devil contest, its not brave contest.
                      it's tournament and general owes it to 90 m people
                      to take us as far as possible..and put us in a position to do it.
                      What tm is trying to prove?
                      We are not scare of u Japan?, who cares u dropping 4 goals on teams left and right?,we are tm ?
                      then be ready for 4-1, 5-2 whooping 90 minutes
                      and go home qf.

I THINK GENERAL WILL talk to few people.
                      Cheraghpour, ibrahimi,and taj
                      And make the tough decision.

no one can expect what happens as tournament continues...we could easily lose in r16 to Oman or Uzbekistan (if we go to other side) depending how things go ​​in match day 3

Comment

It’s not a wise idea to throw the game against UAE because of future game scenarios.

Nobody thought Iraq would beat Japan, or Jordan would tie South Korea, but it happened.

I agree when GN and players alike say “there are no easy teams in this tournament.” We drubbed Palestine 4-1 but then they played a good game against UAE.

Football is a game of emotion, details, and certain instances on the pitch can completely change the course of a game. It’s not a mathematical equation where 1+1=2

Since we’ve already qualified, let’s field our B team, then bring on our better players the last 30 minutes for prep purposes before the knockout round.

Comment

Dont really get that this is a discussion.......

If you want to become a champion you beat the best no matter when in the cup you face them instead of losing on purpose like a coward to get a "easier" path, there is no easy games in a knockout round, imagine losing on purpose against UAE like a chicken coward and get eliminated against Iraq anyway ( could easily happen).

Japan for example got knocked out against UAE in r16 in AC 2015.

Demolish UAE and grasp a momentum and face Japan/SK like men whit a champions heart and what happens happens, if we manage to beat Japan/SK in the QF it will give us a extra confidence and momentum boost and also give our SF opponent more fear that we knocked out the cup favourite, if we lose then we lose to a better opponent that for the last 25+ years have invested in their leauge, youth and system from the grassroots and last but not least also dont have a pharia occupation government.

We should really have Iraqs 2007 champion team as a olgoh, they demolished Australia, knocked out SK and won the final against Saudi when while their nation was in bombdust and whit a inferior team on paper, they won whit heart like a champion and not as a coward.

All in or nothing, lets go Iran.

Comment

I would really decide and vote this question, when i know the results of group A, B and D on Tuesday, after group D matches.
                            If Uzbekistan tops their group as 1B and Lebanon or Tajikistan (even if it is China) become 2A i would honestly conside to become second C to first meet with Tajiks, Lebanon (or China), than with Iraq and probably meet 1B Uzbekistan in Semifinal, as they rest two days more compared to 1F-2E team. Even if Saudis or Korea will win this quarterfinal, they have two days less resting against us.

So the results on group A, B and D are important to answer this question in my eyes.
                            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                            -

Comment

No one want play japon period.hope other teams take them out for us.but final matches are different animals if want play them that's the plCe.

THOSE BRAVE England. Dumb a$$ choosed france way😅
                              Instead of other way and look what happened to them..that england team would of taked argentina
                              out with style ..
                              That's crazy. We are aiming to go to WC, play against the best teams in the world and we want to progress internationally and you come with this mentality? Do you really think Japanese are asking themselves such questions? Even Saudis? You're "scared" to play Japan at early stage? Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                              X