Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2026 qualification gets underway !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ The only way we end up with S Korea is if them or us drop below Australia in FIFA ranking by the end of the second round which is highly unlikely.

Japan is 1st
    Iran is 2nd
    S Korea is 3rd

since there will be 3 groups of six, we will be placed in the same pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post

Unsure but I may prefer B, playing vs (based on last wcq) strong Oman with Branko and Qatar with CQ. The other 3 teams wont help any top 3 team.

Playing vs Aussies would be fun and the other teams can take points away from both TM and Australia and that makes me strangely feel much better about it. We could drop a point vs Australia and they could aswell drop vs UAE.

Playing Branko and CQ would be fun aswell but..

Btw, is it possible that we end upp with S Korea again?

Thats the gut feeling atm..
      As you said, playng against CQ and branko isssssssss funnnnnnnnnn but I personally don't mind any group. If we can't make it out of the group in third round then i rather not see up qualify, as we might end up getting embarrassed again.

We already played against CQ and we saw how bloody poor his tactics were , Oman is also not that strong. I wanna see us embarrass CQ again. CQ tactics are outdated and expired, so i think its pretty much end of his career.

Regarding SK and AUS .... To be honest anything is possible. We might even end up in pot 2 with Saudi and Qatar . The point difference is not much between us , SK and australia. E.g. If Aus win Asian cup and SK do well in asian cup (e.g. reaching final), then they might take our spot in pot1.

Comment

I would much rather play Australia than play Saudi.

Tensions aside,

Australia's team has declined a bit midfield has been declining for years and they have maybe 3-4 great players at best.

Saudi plays domestically yes but they have 4 experienced midfielders and tend to play quick football as opposed to our midfield that has been declining and less reactive.

If we play vs Australia I expect it will feel like playing an "Asian" version of Wales which we can take

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          I would much rather play Australia than play Saudi.

Tensions aside,

Australia's team has declined a bit midfield has been declining for years and they have maybe 3-4 great players at best.

Saudi plays domestically yes but they have 4 experienced midfielders and tend to play quick football as opposed to our midfield that has been declining and less reactive.

If we play vs Australia I expect it will feel like playing an "Asian" version of Wales which we can take

the best thing Saudi is doing is theyre benching a lot of their national team players in favor of the super imports, so they won’t be match fit.

having said that, playing well against us is very important for Saudis so they’ll push their game to the next level if need be.

Comment

Australia - Bangladesh 1-0 min 17

Comment

2-0 Australia in full control min 21

Comment

3-0 Australia min 38

Comment

Aussies have great height advantage.

Comment

4-0 min 40

Comment

HT 4-0 Australia