Countries that copy Team Melli's friendly matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countries that copy Team Melli's friendly matches

There are two countries who keep monitoring Team Melli's friendly matches, then go and arrange friendly matches with the same opponents. The two copycats are Iraq and Qatar.

Qatar's September friendlies is exact copy of Team Melli's March friendlies: Kenya & Russia
    I don't care about the useless 4-nation tournament in Jordan for October, but now since seeing CQ and Qatar copying/replicating Team Melli's friendly matches, I can't wait until Team Melli faces Qatar and hammer them

Iraq has been notorious in arranging friendly matches with opponents that Team Melli faced:

Argentina: Team Melli played them in 1977 and last meeting at 2014 WC, Iraq faced them in friendly in 2018.
    Brazil: Team Melli played them in 2010, then Iraq faced them in 2012.
    Bolivia: both teams played them in 2018.
    Botswana: Iran played them in 2009, Iraq played them in 2012.
    Sierra Leone: both teams played them in 2012.
    Russia: Team Melli played them several times, last was in March 2023, Iraq faced them in the same month.

Kenya and Chile are other teams that Iraq got the idea of selecting them as friendly match opponents just because Team Melli played those countries several times

I wouldn't put it past CQ to play psychological mind games this way. He is so detail oriented and methodological it wouldn't be surprising

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
      I wouldn't put it past CQ to play psychological mind games this way. He is so detail oriented and methodological it wouldn't be surprising
      Except this particular mind game has a high failure rate.

The mind games with Choi and the press conferences are proven mind games Sir Alex did all the time. Iraq and Qatar are different teams with strengths and weaknesses. While we on here recognized this pattern, I can almost guarantee no one in IFF, GN, or GNs backroom staff recognized it so the mind game won't even have an effect where they cant see it.

CQ went so deep on trying to fool Southgate on Irans lineup he missed that for most strategies Southgate will just put 5 in midfield and overrun us if we chose the XI wrong. It worked vs Morocco but it wont work everytime.
      Last edited by perspolis#1; 09-04-2023, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Except this particular mind game has a high failure rate.

The mind games with Choi and the press conferences are proven mind games Sir Alex did all the time. Iraq and Qatar are different teams with strengths and weaknesses. While we on here recognized this pattern, I can almost guarantee no one in IFF, GN, or GNs backroom staff recognized it so the mind game won't even have an effect where they cant see it.

CQ went so deep on trying to fool Southgate on Irans lineup he missed that for most strategies Southgate will just put 5 in midfield and overrun us if we chose the XI wrong. It worked vs Morocco but it wont work everytime.
        HAHAHAHA in other words GN is so olagh that he cannot comprehend things. Brilliant! Wouldnt surprise me a bit. GN is a qualified sabzi foorosh like 95 percent of all domestic coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
          I want to see Team Melli hammer CQ's Qatar reigning Asian Champions

Comment

At one time, France was playing most of our non Asia opponents around the same time than us. Of they didn't copy us but I remember it was frustrating as I am waiting for a France/TM since long time

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              At one time, France was playing most of our non Asia opponents around the same time than us. Of they didn't copy us but I remember it was frustrating as I am waiting for a France/TM since long time
              enough of jokes, I'm serious. Iraq and Qatar always monitor our Team Melli's activities. They want to be like our Team, have same friendly match opponents or play whoever played our team before. If you look at other countries, they don't actively monitor Team Melli or try to imitate. For Example have you seen UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait do that, the answer is no.

Iraq on the other hand, hears Bolivia, Sierra Leone, Russia gonna play Iran then goes and arrange match with them, or they just couldn't get over the fact Iran played Brazil, Argentina, Chile, etc and they just had to do whatever possible to make sure their team plays them.

Qatar with all its money, out of all possible/available teams (Cameroon, Nigeria, etc) had to just go and replicate Team Melli's March friendlies. We all know that FFIRI could not afford to pay Nigeria and Cameroon but are you telling me that Qatar can't afford to pay them too?

Comment

Working...
              X