Aref Gholami moving to France League 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aref Gholami moving to France League 2?

Gholami was the most expensive Esteghlal player last season and one of the most expensive in PGPL.

Gholami was quite active during the Mahsa Amini movement and was benched and penalized as a result...even rumors of his arrest...

Esteghlal did not renew his contract even though he was willing...

He has just left Iran for a "2nd tier" of a reputable league....and rumor is that he has been signed by a French team.

Apologies if this was mentioned elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I don't consider second tier of french league reputable tbh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

French 2nd tier is probably worse than half the IPL

Comment

French league 2, is actually great, but only depends on the team. They have teams who have been in champions league and have facilities and equipments to develop players. For example if he moves to Bordeaux who were relegated with court order is actually good. Also amiens fc is good too. Aref gholami is 26 , he got good 4 years to reach the top.

Comment

Golami is very under rated.
          He asked for a lot of money from ss, they couldnt afforded him.
          he is multi position player
          Cb,rb,dmf
          Hope he gets playing time and make
          general 25 man ac roster....

Comment

i am happy for every player that leaves iran, even if its for a third league team .........enough BS is enough

Comment

He has been atrocious the last few years but his political takes give him some goodwill.

Comment

If true, surprised they go after a player that isn't among the best defender

Comment

If they use the word “reputable” then that’s possible since big/historic French teams like Bordeaux and St Etienne are playing in ligue 2. It would be a major face bash if a kid like hazbavi can’t land such a move but a reject like gholami can
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    If they use the word “reputable” then that's possible since big/historic French teams like Bordeaux and St Etienne are playing in ligue 2. It would be a major face bash if a kid like hazbavi can't land such a move but a reject like gholami can
                    The wording was 2nd tier of a reputable league, which most sites have reported as France. Did not see any speculation about the team itself. He posted something in August that he has signed with a foreign team with a 5 day grace period. Esteghlal made some noise but ultimately did not sign him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Acc to khabar Varzeshi he will be trialling with:

Caen
                      Auxerre
                      St. Ettiene

https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/...C-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Acc to other iranian sources he has already signed a contract with a team there.

Caen finished 5th last year and were in ligue 1 for 5 years between 2014 and 2019. They will probably push for promotion again this year.

Auxerre were in ligue 1 last year and only narrowly relegated (1 pt behind nantes).

St Ettiene are the most historic of the 3 but after almost 2 decades in ligue 1 relegated the season before last and finished 9th.

Let's see where he ends up but being a regular for any would put him in TM best 4 cb conversation imo. I think currently Majid, Hazbavi, Kanani are the top 3 but PAG looks like a shadow of his former self, aghasi struggling for tractor, shoja past his best means that the 4th spot is up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        Acc to khabar Varzeshi he will be trialling with:

Caen
                        Auxerre
                        St. Ettiene

https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/...C-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Acc to other iranian sources he has already signed a contract with a team there.

Caen finished 5th last year and were in ligue 1 for 5 years between 2014 and 2019. They will probably push for promotion again this year.

Auxerre were in ligue 1 last year and only narrowly relegated (1 pt behind nantes).

St Ettiene are the most historic of the 3 but after almost 2 decades in ligue 1 relegated the season before last and finished 9th.

Let's see where he ends up but being a regular for any would put him in TM best 4 cb conversation imo. I think currently Majid, Hazbavi, Kanani are the top 3 but PAG looks like a shadow of his former self, aghasi struggling for tractor, shoja past his best means that the 4th spot is up for grabs.
                        If it is trial I don't think they will get him at the end

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                          French 2nd tier is probably worse than half the IPL
                          would still have better facilities and infrastructure. let's face it.

Comment

I don't think he is as bad as some claim here, as Mashsaaed said he can play in multiple position and that is always a plus for a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X