This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all legionnaires should cancel Asian Cup and we should send our U-23 team

cancel this shit competition in support of the iranian people who lost their lives in protests…come up with some BS excuses for the hezbollahis so that the players families dont get any problems
    send U-23 team instead!
    who agrees?

I don't agree send the best team and try to win the tournament

Comment

There are better ways for us to put pressure on the IR entity than waste time on a nothing burger like expecting this kind of stuff that will be forgotten in 2 news cycles.

Again, it's unrealistic to expect athletes to ruin their careers and everything they worked for in exchange to drive social change. This would be almost meaningless in the long run because while they are the most popular celebrities in Iran, they don't have the influence we think they do to get anything real going.

Also, why should they? The players spent months leading to WC, putting themselves and their families in danger by releasing statements, doing acts of solidarity, refusing to sing the anthem, and more. What did they get in return? They got boo'd, insulted, given death threats, had IR Basijis monitor their every action at WC camp, and humiliated when fans chanted for England to win vs them.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
        cancel this shit competition in support of the iranian people who lost their lives in protests…come up with some BS excuses for the hezbollahis so that the players families dont get any problems
        send U-23 team instead!
        who agrees?
        I think you are massively underestimating the amount of bs that would befall the players even with excuses. The whole point of old dinosaurs running the country is they dont like change or things messing up their plans.

At the lowest point, these people would absolutely not send the U23 team they would rather send the random 23 assortment of mashtis who stay out late at masjid for the third helping of gheymeh then do what Iranian football fans want. Did you see the Sudanese runner woman who was 50 lbs overweight running for her country? IR would also send a hezbollahi with a shekam like that instead of what you want them to do.

Comment

lmfao

Comment

What ?

Comment

send U-23 team instead!
              who agrees?
              Say what now?

Comment

bumping this thread after seeing the hezbollah squad posing for pictures in suits without ties

the same people who force hijab on our women won’t even allow a grow man to wear a tie for a photo

I wish our players would not be so spineless
                Hoping for a quick exit to be honest

Comment

Indeed.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

bumping this thread after seeing the hezbollah squad posing for pictures in suits without ties

the same people who force hijab on our women won’t even allow a grow man to wear a tie for a photo

troll.

Comment

I have a bigger issue with suits mixed with t-shirts. Tbh, why? You have a nice fitting suit, and choose to downgrade it with a 1 dollar tshirt... Yani don't you have white dress shirts to put on mesle adame hesabi?

Comment

I don’t agree. Not sure how this helps any of our people. I would argue the only consistent thing that has ever brought a smile to the faces of Iranians in Iran and the diaspora in the past 40 years has been our TM victories.

Comment

Hezbollah squad?

Yeah our team is a bunch of metrosexuals who dont seem to grow up but hezbollah squad???

Many of them posted against the killings if you were following.

We are talking about guys who have a taste of being celebrities in Iran who came from poor/middle class backgrounds. Some of them didnt even go to college. What do you want from them to be a front leader?

Spineless is wishing others to put themselves in harms way while you would not yourself.

Comment

I don't agree with Frank Ocean but every time I speak to Iranians in Iran they are saying the same (or even more aggressive) than he is. I haven't found a single person who i can just chat about football with from old crews , just these forums are the only opportunity to say that I prefer Hosseinzadeh over Moghanlou or whatever. The rest of them either are indifferent or now hate anything about team melli.

Are we all in a different world to non-seyedooona Iranians in Iran?

Comment

send U-23 team instead!
                              who agrees?
                              It's pretty brave to tell Iranians how to act und behave when you are not even living in Iran. sorry but thats BS and it was BS last year

Comment

Working...
                              X