Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    It bares reminding:
    Sardar had a single completed pass the whole match. that's right, 70 minutes with single pass.
    Touched the ball 15 times, 7 of those were turnovers.
    Didn't win a single header.
    Was yelled at by different teammates throughout the match for either not giving any effort or messing up his defensive assignments.
    Most outlets have him rated as 5 or 6 (same as Lukaku).
    Even Roma fans weren't really pleased.

He wasn't the worst Roma player, but to classify this performance as anything but 'average at best' is just Iranian bias.
    true,
    nonetheless, the whole time Bayer backline seemed very weary of his presence out there (especially knowing of his brilliance in quick passing / transition play on possible swift counters..!)
    he was being man-marked tighter than a nun's butthole everywhere on the pitch and during the whole freakin time..! but still he managed to position himself brilliantly in little spaces afforded to him everywhere (especially so in and around the box..!) thus providing much more valuable space and time for his attacking surrounding cast..!!
    ffs he won them the all important opening goal PK and also played a vital role in earning the 2nd PK too, as him chasing after and closing in on that CK delivery more so than anyone else panicked holzk into handling that cross into the box ..!

so i'd argue that he certainly had a Net Positive effect on the game ..! the proof for such claim is in the pudding as witnessed immediately upon his departure from the game, Bayer pressed more numbers into the high press and took complete control of the match and Roma's were left completely toothless on their attacking/countering forrays..!

like i said, the most frustrating shitt about his game was him getting winded a bit late on and not particularly pressing hard defensively and Scared of screwing up, going down and asking to be subbed off ..!!
    probably so because of getting yelled (as you say..!) @ by his teammates for his half-asssed defensive pressing and efforts ??
    like i've said before unlike Taremi, Sardar's defensive pressure and pressing tactics are poorAF.... he is a pure attacking player and he likes to lul his markers into sleep by lollygagging about conserving his energy but always ready and poised to pounce on a through-ball to exploit the large spaces left behind by advancing backlines...!! you could visibly see him ask for a long ball forward to run on to but Roma were too busy pussy passing it backwards and side to side instead..!!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      It bares reminding:
      Sardar had a single completed pass the whole match. that's right, 70 minutes with single pass.
      Touched the ball 15 times, 7 of those were turnovers.
      Didn't win a single header.
      Was yelled at by different teammates throughout the match for either not giving any effort or messing up his defensive assignments.
      Most outlets have him rated as 5 or 6 (same as Lukaku).
      Even Roma fans weren't really pleased.

He wasn't the worst Roma player, but to classify this performance as anything but 'average at best' is just Iranian bias.
      Man say mikonam bitaraf basham.
      Mohemtarin rooznamehaye varzeshie Italia: ham Gazzetta ham Corriere nomreye 6.5 daad, ke be ma'nie amalkarde khoobi ast.
      Ettefaghan har do rooznameh eshaare mikonand ke Sardar kaare defaaie khoobi kard, va LUKAKU bood ke behesh daad mizadand ke team raa dar faaze defai komkak kone. Hatta minevisand ke khode De Rossi be Lukaku daad zad ke kaare defai bayad anjam bede.
      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

I feel like I watch a different player compared to y'all. I mean sure he was pretty dangerous but some of those giveaways everytime he got the ball were pretty bad...Svilar bailed them out with godly saves so we didn't notice but pretty much every time he got the ball he couldn't keep it and it lead to a dangerous counter. This is btw the same thing Leverkusen fans were angry about last season. I'm his biggest fan but I feel like we're in a bubble where we can't accept he's not good or bad...he's just below average right now.

I'm personally not satisfied with our number one striker just winning a penalty and getting praised for the bare minimum. My bar for him is getting a minimum 5 goals a season at least...and even that is pretty low. It just feels like he will never get out of this bad conditioning rut and gets less technical every year. I don't think this Azmoun can do that turnaround goal he did in AC 2019 with those legs

​​​

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
          I feel like I watch a different player compared to y'all. I mean sure he was pretty dangerous but some of those giveaways everytime he got the ball were pretty bad...Svilar bailed them out with godly saves so we didn't notice but pretty much every time he got the ball he couldn't keep it and it lead to a dangerous counter. This is btw the same thing Leverkusen fans were angry about last season. I'm his biggest fan but I feel like we're in a bubble where we can't accept he's not good or bad...he's just below average right now.

I'm personally not satisfied with our number one striker just winning a penalty and getting praised for the bare minimum. My bar for him is getting a minimum 5 goals a season at least...and even that is pretty low. It just feels like he will never get out of this bad conditioning rut and gets less technical every year. I don't think this Azmoun can do that turnaround goal he did in AC 2019 with those legs

​​​

​​​​​
          I think he just needs more confidence. Giving him garbage minutes here and there doesn’t help him out. There’s clearly a player in him, he needs to keep his head up. There’s a reason why he’s so good for TM and was tearing Japan and Wales up.
          Formerly known as Cameronse

Comment

​​​

​​​​​
            Yeah with these legs he can only score bikes like the one against Qatar and Brighton lol. This version of azmoun is so shit that without taremi he single handedly manhandled Japanese backline of tomiyasu and itakura…2019 azmoun did what against japan?

i agree he has never been best dribbler/first touch…but seriously have some perspective. Abrahams is much fkin worse. Belotti was a trampoline. These are his competitors. Lukaku for his famed hold up play barely held up 1 ball the other night and got hammered by the fans for it too.

idea that he isn’t busting his ass defensively (which from an objective perspective was the case on zenit and Leverkusen when his off the ball work was pretty minimal) I definitely don’t agree with either. He is actually putting in way more effort on that end than before, it shows with the usual cramps around min 70.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Yeah with these legs he can only score bikes like the one against Qatar and Brighton lol. This version of azmoun is so shit that without taremi he single handedly manhandled Japanese backline of tomiyasu and itakura…2019 azmoun did what against japan?

i agree he has never been best dribbler/first touch…but seriously have some perspective. Abrahams is much fkin worse. Belotti was a trampoline. These are his competitors. Lukaku for his famed hold up play barely held up 1 ball the other night and got hammered by the fans for it too.

idea that he isn’t busting his ass defensively (which from an objective perspective was the case on zenit and Leverkusen when his off the ball work was pretty minimal) I definitely don’t agree with either. He is actually putting in way more effort on that end than before, it shows with the usual cramps around min 70.

Come on man you're ignoring nuance here. That Japan team in the Asian Cup was struggling all tournament. They conceded from: Vietnam, Indonesia, Bahrain, and Iraq before getting to us. Even then we needed a penalty (by Kanaani lol) and masterful game from Mohebi/ARJ to win. Let's be humble here. We didn't "tear" anything up.

I'm not saying Azmoun is a bad player, I'm saying he's ***getting worse*** instead of better and reaching the ripe age of 30. He needs to bail himself out NOW. Like this summer. You can be as talented as you want, but if you cramp at minute 60-70 every game you're not gonna have a good trajectory.

His talent ceiling is much bigger than Abraham or even Lukaku. He needs to work harder. Something is clearly wrong with his cardio and training routine and he's not doing anything about it. We were having this same discussion like 9 months ago in this same thread. He's STILL having the same problems.

​​​​​
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Come on man you're ignoring nuance here. That Japan team in the Asian Cup was struggling all tournament. They conceded from: Vietnam, Indonesia, Bahrain, and Iraq before getting to us. Even then we needed a penalty (by Kanaani lol) and masterful game from Mohebi/ARJ to win. Let's be humble here. We didn't "tear" anything up.

I'm not saying Azmoun is a bad player, I'm saying he's ***getting worse*** instead of better and reaching the ripe age of 30. He needs to bail himself out NOW. Like this summer. You can be as talented as you want, but if you cramp at minute 60-70 every game you're not gonna have a good trajectory.

His talent ceiling is much bigger than Abraham or even Lukaku. He needs to work harder. Something is clearly wrong with his cardio and training routine and he's not doing anything about it. We were having this same discussion like 9 months ago in this same thread. He's STILL having the same problems.

​​​​​
                ​​​​​​
                I think every major asian side had a really bad Asian Cup tournament -

South Korea- Despite having Kim Min Jae shipped 3 goals to Malaysia - Also had serious infighting between their two star players resulting in an injury before the Jordan game. Psychologically they looked off.

Japan despite having star European defenders for Arsenal and Bundesliga clubs seemed to have no defensive organisation and host of goalkeeping errors from a goalkeeper that was being pursued by Man United last summer

Saudi Arabia- Looked weak and uncreative in the group stages and ran out of steam v South Korea

Australia- Failed their first serious test

Uzbekistan - Chocked as usual

my hypothesis from that tournament is the major asian teams didn't seem to show much desire to want to win it given the abject performances from many elite European players
                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

​​​​​
                  ​​​​​​
                  I think you are ignoring the nuance. If you think a dominant good performance for a CF can only be verified with goal then that’s your idea of football, it’s definitely not nuanced.

Japan in whatever form they were are had still been our black cat, and sardar showed up and then some. It was a major improvement to what he was in 2019, that was the point I’m trying to make. In fact the whole AC he showed up, it was taremi, of fittest and most in form player in the last few years that did not.

As for saving himself…if I was him I would try to stay in Roma/leverkusen level if possible. If he can fix his fitness shortcomings I frankly think he is right in the mix from a talent perspective as you mention. Ultimately despite clearly not being at his best for a full 12 months in the last few years, he has still started back to back EL semi finals. Clearly coaches and those involved with decision making at the top level in eu do not see him as a burnt or regressing asset the way some here do. As if we are loaded with many better assets lol.

dropping back down to a crappy team and managing to get picked up again by a top team at his age is impossible. If he hangs around and keeps himself in the mix he can achieve much more…even if it means foregoing guaranteed starter role for mid table/lower sides in top 5 leagues. We know from quality perspective he is not off (like for ex somebody like ARJ clearly was), he needs to address long-standing injury/stamina issues that keep him from showing his quality for a full season. To me that is something that can be fixed without dropping to a crappier team, his issue is not confidence related.

and he really isnt the only player at a higher level with these sort of chronic injury scares...Jesus from arsenal misses about half the season in total every season and has a literal minutes restriction, tomiyasu since joining has basically been in a similar boat, reece james at chelsea, whatever happened to thiago at liverpool, and tons of other cases. We are just hyper-sensitive bc it just so happens that we only have 2 guys who can perform at this level. One of them struggling on and off with injury is a major let down, but is that reason alone to smash the guy? If we had a semi respectable talent pool we would view it like most other situations of injury prone talented players, i.e. its a knock for their career and unfortunate, doesn't necessary imply they are not trying. Hope they are fit when TM games come around.

I find it difficult to believe that roma and leverkusen medical staff, and even Zenit sit around with an unfit player that doesn't pass fitness tests and start him in critical european matches season after season. We are all sure there is a long standing issue there and its something that may in fact take multiple seasons to address...We know since the start of year he is working with argentine private physio to held address some of these issues (guy who also is dybala, paredes, and several other Argentine NT guys go-to private physio).

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/officialas...A/?img_index=5

Comment

Big match tomorrow vs Atalanta.

Roma are behind atalanta, and currently out of CL contention. Atalanta hold the last CL spot and also have a game in hand. So it’s must win for Roma if they want to leapfrog Atalanta keep their CL hopes alive.

Comment

Not to forget Azmoun being at this club could all depend on tomorrow’s game. He needs to really show something and win them the game if he wants to stay at this team.

Comment

On the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post
                            On the bench
                            Probably for the best to come off bench with his tokhmy fitness..!
                            Abraham & Dybala are already ruled out of this match so I’m sure he’ll get Significant minutes? Roma pretty much have to win to have a semi solid chance of securing champions league spot ..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              Probably for the best to come off bench with his tokhmy fitness..!
                              Abraham & Dybala are already ruled out of this match so I’m sure he’ll get Significant minutes? Roma pretty much have to win to have a semi solid chance of securing champions league spot ..!
                              Abraham is on the bench as well.

Comment

concede 2 goals in quick succession in 19'
                                their Right side defense is Soorakh AF..!!
                                Get our boy on already ffs

Comment

Working...
                                X