How would you rank these performences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you rank these performences

1. Reza Ghoochannejhad finisng 2nd top scorer in Erdivisie 2016-2017 with Heerenveen (20 goals)
    2. Kaveh Rezaei finished 4th topscorer in Belgian first division in his debut season 2017-2018 (16 goals).
    3. Sardar Azmoun finished joint top scorer in Russian Premier League 2019-2020 (17 goals).
    4. Sardar Azmoun finished 2nd top scorer in Russian Premier League 2020-2021 (19 goals).
    5. Karim Ansarifard finished 2nd topscorer in Greek Superleague 2017-2018 with Olympiacos (17 goals).
    6. Mehdi Taremi finished joint topscorer in 2019-2020 Primeira Liga 18 goals with Rio Ave
    7. Mehdi Taremi finished 2nd topscorer in 2021-2022 Primeira Liga 20 goals with Porto
    8. Mehdi Taremi finished topscorer in 2022-2023 Primeira Liga 22 goals with Porto
    9. Alireza Jahanbaksh finished sole topscorer in Ededivisie 2017-2018 with Az Alkmaar , 21 goals
    10. Vahid Hashemian 4th topscorer with Bochum in Bundesliga 2003-2004 with 16 goals

No. 1 is obviously Hash. The rest doesn’t mean anything.

Comment

Mehdi... the consistency in both scoring and especially so Personal Fitness and form to accomplish such in multiple Successive seasons with 2 different teams in a relatively competitive EU league ..... is truly exceptional and just soooo damn un-iranian-footballer type..!

Comment

You should also include the number of goals Taremi and Azmoun have scored in European continental tournaments.

also shout out to Mahdavikia and his high number of assists I think in 2002-03.

Comment

5. AKA the King👑: 8/10
          9. AKA Yahanbax🇳🇱: 9/10

Comment

For me, it's #10, Vahid scoring 16 goals in BL. It's the most goals an Iranian player has ever scored in the "big 4 leagues" and it's a commendable feat (for our standards).

Although Mehdi's, JB's, and Sardar's accomplishments are nothing to scoff at, they had the luxury of playing in "easier" leagues.

Comment

Bundesliga is the toughest league in the list, so Hashemian despite 4th top scorer actually did well. Taremi among top goalscorers in 3 seasons, that itself is a record. Dutch league is not as strong as it was in the 1990s. The same goes with leagues in Russia and Belgium. Greek league has never been a top league it is a competition similar to Iran where only few clubs do well each season, only difference is Greek clubs buy top foreign players while Iranian clubs can never afford top foreign players.

So my rankings would be: Taremi (8, 7, 6) and Hashemian (10) after that.

Comment

Great thread!!! Thanks!

For me It's very tough between Vahid and Mehdi..all the important points have been discussed before. I'd go with Mehdi for 2 reasons...first is that he's been repeatedly at the top whereas Vahid could manage a top placement once. And second is Mehdi's goals in other competitions and high assist stats as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mahdavikia for me is right up there for the season when he was in the European team of the year and topped the assists table

His performance against juventus in the champions league for me is the single best legionnaire performance in Europe. He completely dominated the pitch

Comment

My personal is Mehdi in Rio Ave because weak club, but the result was really well.
                    And he have kept delivering goal season after season. But also Vahid deliver really well. Bochum was at no way a top club.
                    And Bundesliga was and is great. Really hard...

Comment

Originally posted by Nima View Post
                      My personal is Mehdi in Rio Ave because weak club, but the result was really well.
                      And he have kept delivering goal season after season. But also Vahid deliver really well. Bochum was at no way a top club.
                      And Bundesliga was and is great. Really hard...
                      That's why for me Azmoun's stats themselves at Zenit aren't particularly great, for me the success was more about his champions league goals.

Alireza topping charts for a club like AZ Alkmaar is more special

As is imho Nekounam scoring 11 goals in one season at Osasuna in La Liga, or even Rezaei scoring a few goals and being voted amongst the best foreign players in Serie A

Comment

I'd say the top 2 in no particular order: Hashemian 16 goal season & Mahdavikia high assist season in Bundesliga (can't remember how many).

# 3: Mehdi Taremi 2023 season golden boot & top goals + assist

Put Taremi in 3rd because it's Portuguese league (clearly weaker than Bundesliga) and we're comparing single seasons. For all-time GOAT the convo can change depending on how Mehdi's career continues.

Comment

Working...
                        X