Mehdi Taremi @ FC Porto | 2023/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Essi View Post

Totally agree but that's indeed not an ideal situation for a player, to It has major impact on his performance in general, not only club but aslo National Team. I dont blame him but somehow, I think as pro player, you should try to not end up in that situation when it comes to the new contract signing or renewal.

Yani kolla hal nemide hamash negarane massdoomiat bashi. Nemishe relax bazi kard.
    right on ..! đź‘Ť
    however imo, the ultimate Fault for the current situation falls squarely on Porto's mgmt/hierarchy..!

from the get-go Mehdi made no secret of his desire of using his spell @Porto essentially as a mean to catapult himself into an ultimate transfer to a more elite EU Team/League...!
    he knew that likely would have to prove himself formidable force in UCL action in order to garner serious interest from the more Elite Clubs of EU, hence he chose to sign a relatively meager salary with Porto (because they have by far the most illustrious UCL history and pedigree..!) while being offered far more lucrative contracts from Sporting/Benfica ..!!
    his rather gullible contractual mistake was to tie a portion of his porto pay-package to some 15%? kickback percentage from his ensuing transfer fee out of the club (thus essentially making himself a less profitable sell-on player..!!)
    he went on a scoring/assist tear at the club, netting them Far more bang for their buck than any other player they've signed in a long while..!
    b4 turning 30/31?, in an interview He again hinted his preference to be traded out of Porto, by stating that if Porto had any intention of making Big Bucks on his eventual transfer, this was the time, before he arrives at the wrong side of 30 which naturally woulda plummeted his market-worth..!! Porto folks got angry with him for making even hinting his desires for moving to greener pastures and took it as an insult ? warned him that he was still contractually bound to Porto and a Porto property for 2 more years and that essentially he should STFU and stay outa club's transfer market decisions..! So mehdi indeed heeded to club's wishes, put his head down worked hard and had his most productive year for the club thinking that for sure Porto will Cash on him during last summer coming off career high stats and with him being on his last year of contract and very much eager to move on to bigger leagues/teams of eu..!!
    and off course most of us recall the shenanigans that porto folks pulled off last summer with ACMilan to essentially force collapse that that ensuing move and pretty much Fk Mehdi outa some $3plus millions in 15% kickback from the transfer fee..!!

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post

I mean I wouldn’t either if I had the biggest payday of my career waiting for me in a few months. The real question is: did he purposefully avoid contact in Asian Cup after that Qatari slide tackle at the edge of their box that should’ve been a penalty in the first half🤨
      if i recall well? mehdi was a step behind the pace getting to that ball and defender cleared mostly clean, and didnt seem like a legit PK shout to me ..?
      his generally disappointing performance in that whole tournament was just a culmination of the underwhelming season he was having at Porto for the obvious reasons i gave in the last post...!!

Comment

Sergio Conceicao has renewed his contract as FC Porto coach until 2028, despite being linked with AC Milan and a host of other jobs in European football.​

Comment

Confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Sergio Conceicao has renewed his contract as FC Porto coach until 2028, despite being linked with AC Milan and a host of other jobs in European football.​
            I thought he’s smarter than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

I thought he’s smarter than this.
              well, CR7 went to Saudi and Messi to MLS, so….I think in the end, money talks

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                Confirmed
                didnt inarsenal mention earlier that this guy has been spewing too much bs of late thus losing a bit of credibility ..!!

personally suspect, its not a totally completed official transfer yet..!!
                not until he is done at Porto and completes a final physical and we actually see him signing the inter contract and holding the shirt and that wont be till later this summer..!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

well, CR7 went to Saudi and Messi to MLS, so….I think in the end, money talks
                  also, not many other leagues would deal with his frequent temper tantrums and sideline shenanigans ..! he has the Porto posse backing him have a lotta clout to save him, otherwise refs would be suspending his ass every other month or so ... probably more frequently if he was on a losing streak..!!

Comment

Respect to the guy who picked up the phone, called his namesake and got Taremi that first transfer to Europe when his club career was in limbo

The guy who Taremi always credits as getting him where he is today.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

didnt inarsenal mention earlier that this guy has been spewing too much bs of late thus losing a bit of credibility ..!!

personally suspect, its not a totally completed official transfer yet..!!
                      not until he is done at Porto and completes a final physical and we actually see him signing the inter contract and holding the shirt and that wont be till later this summer..!
                      Yeah but has nothing to do with taremi situation. It’s been done for months. Inter higher ups confirmed him and zielinski on a live interview on Italian tv this week. He will join immediately upon completion of this season.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks this may not be such a good move? Martinez is leading Serie A in goals this year. If that form continues, theres too many what if scenarios for MT to get any decent playing time. I would’ve preferred him to stay at Porto.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarsal Claw View Post
                          Am I the only one that thinks this may not be such a good move? Martinez is leading Serie A in goals this year. If that form continues, theres too many what if scenarios for MT to get any decent playing time. I would’ve preferred him to stay at Porto.
                          He has absolutely nothing to gain to stay at porto

Comment

Porto wont even play CL next year...Inter move by faaar the best possible that could happen to him.

Comment

Nah, always a good move to go to a bigger team. Injuries, transfers, etc on the team can always change a players status on the starting lineup.

Comment

Mehdi has psychologically felt like he’s already dominated at Porto:
                                -Winning the league
                                -Winning Golden Boot
                                -Scoring in Champion’s League

He’s been mentally checked out of Porto since last summer, when he tried to go to Milan. Hence, why his stats at Porto have been worse this season.

Unfortunately that will also spillover to his national team performances, most recently against Japan when he was too careless with the ball.

Going to Inter will be the best thing that can happen to him. It will force him to improve his game even more.

Comment

Working...
                                X