No announcement yet.

What is your expectation for Team Melli's performance in 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kim Min-jae as expected in Serie A team of the season. He has been top 3 best players in Italy on average point score

Now he is above Son Heung-Min as the best Korean player, amazing for a central defender given Korea have never been so strong in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      Kim Min-jae as expected in Serie A team of the season. He has been top 3 best players in Italy on average point score

Now he is above Son Heung-Min as the best Korean player, amazing for a central defender given Korea have never been so strong in that position.
      Kim may join bayern soon

Comment

I still remember how in 2018, after we had already qualified for the World Cup, Ezatollahi was stopping him from moving up all game until his stupid red card. Different positions, but the trajectory is remarkable.

Comment

Play great football in asia cup and hopefully win it, introduce a few new players in TM and enter WCQ games in top form with a gelled team.

Bonus expectation

Mehdi Ghaedi shines at AC and gets picked up by Nantes, and then scores a hattrick vs PSG to save Nantes contract in Ligue 1
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            Its basically QF or Final. No in between, we will beat Qat/uzb in a semi if we can get through SK in the QF.
            Hum..!
            have yet to look at the AC groups complexion & likely playoff bracket picture..! but personally don’t see us getting passed the likes of SK, Aussie, Japan or even Saudies, in a do or die games where we often lose all nerves & underperform massively & especially so trying to play attacking/open game

We also gotta be careful not to play an overly hasty attacking game vs CQ ‘s gutter ..!
            not worried about the Uzbek… they are an even worse habitual chokers in playoffs than us ..!

Comment

I voted semi finals because I genuinely think Uzb is gonna be in the final and possibly winning it.

However with the shit IFF management in getting us friendly games I change my mind to QFs.

Comment

If Kanaani gets his phone confiscated we will definitely make quarters and probably semis

I would be disappointed if our only semi is the one in his pants.

Comment

Title. Iran-Saudi final.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

If Kanaani gets his phone confiscated we will definitely make quarters and probably semis

I would be disappointed if our only semi is the one in his pants.
                    If we use separate taxis instead of a bus our chances also go up

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                      Title. Iran-Saudi final.
                      I wish this would happen and would be so happy if it did

It's just so, so unrealistic at the moment for a multitude of reasons

Comment

I wish this would happen and would be so happy if it did

It's just so, so unrealistic at the moment for a multitude of reasons

No, it’s not unrealistic at all. If we bring out our best football in the KO-stages, we will win. It’s up to ourselves, everything is in our own hands.

What’s unrealistic is losing to Iraq in 2015 AC.
                        What’s unrealistic is losing against Japan in 2019 AC by 3 goals, the same Japan that had trouble beating Turkmenistan (3-2) a week earlier.

We no longer have a guy forcing us to play defensive against the likes of UAE with 25-30% ball possession. The chains are off this time, we’ll win it.

Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

No, it’s not unrealistic at all. If we bring out our best football in the KO-stages, we will win. It’s up to ourselves, everything is in our own hands.

What’s unrealistic is losing to Iraq in 2015 AC.
                          What’s unrealistic is losing against Japan in 2019 AC by 3 goals, the same Japan that had trouble beating Turkmenistan (3-2) a week earlier.

We no longer have a guy forcing us to play defensive against the likes of UAE with 25-30% ball possession. The chains are off this time, we’ll win it.
                          Your prediction is what's very very unrealistic and not in touch with reality.... Along with your mentions of Iran's losses during previous Asian cups.

As if a red card or an individual error by a player are Carlos Queiroz's fault lolll.

This is not the first time you've made unrealistic posts/judgements, where you ignore incredibly obvious factors and are extremely biased.

The more you fail to have realistic, objective points of view, the more difficult it is to take your posts seriously.

Comment

The chains are off this time, we’ll win it.
                            The chains are not off though? The chains are IR and everything which comes with it.

What are you seeingin terms of current situation in the country, team morale, players' internal conflict etc... to suggest chains are off? Let alone footballing perspective alone and comparative depth and breadth of Iran's side

I don't get it- Chains are off when this regime is gone and Iran may go back to winning a title again

Comment

Kim becomes the 6th most expensive defender in history - the top five are english, french or spanish.

Fair play. I think western pundits are going to be impressed with the core of the top asian sides when the next world cup happens. And depth - Japan has a bigger and better range of attacking midfielders, wingers and wing-forwards than England does

In the meantime, our country's lynchpin has gained 20kg since he burst on the scene, and our defenders need their phones confiscated on buses.

Who knows, maybe as our fellow member says the only problem with iran is queiroz and with Ghalenoei we will see wonders being accomplished... maybe.

Comment

Has anyone changed their expectations, based on recent issues surrounding TM?

I still think the key players will drag us to quarters on gheyrat alone but I can't see us reaching the semis. Would love to be wrong though, just my instinct...

Comment

Working...
                                X