No announcement yet.

Kalmar just signed an swedish born iranian player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly every Iranians last name was created during Reza Shahs reign and many were spur of the moment decisions... even many brothers went and got different last names. Even Reza Shah made up his own last name. So not like there is much ancestry behind most of our last names.

Then many names got mangled in our passports and also by people not knowing transliteration rules etc. Double last names without a space are erroneous, not to mention detrimental . This kid will suffer for no reason than someone didn't know to put a space.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw on Reddit that they have also signed a young 17 year old left back called Arvin Davoudi-Kia.

Comment

I feel like his last name is missing a vowel or a dash but I lets see, all signs point that his trajectory is to choose Sweden.
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
          Nearly every Iranians last name was created during Reza Shahs reign and many were spur of the moment decisions... even many brothers went and got different last names. Even Reza Shah made up his own last name. So not like there is much ancestry behind most of our last names.

Then many names got mangled in our passports and also by people not knowing transliteration rules etc. Double last names without a space are erroneous, not to mention detrimental . This kid will suffer for no reason than someone didn't know to put a space.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
          It's hit and miss. Some were lucky enough to be assigned or pick last names that had historical and personal connections. Others just got some random last name.

Comment

A name is just a collection of letters. Somebody made it up at some point. It's not better or worse than any other name. What matters is the person behind that name.
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Working...
            X