3 of 4 teams from Asia made it to the next round time for reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Correction : Morocco fans caused damage and fire in Brussels, not belgian fans! They even took off belgian flags from balcony
    Thank you for the correction. The video and articles I read before only mentioned Football fans in Brussels, so I assumed they were Belgians. Now I searched again and saw vidoes and articles that showed Morocco's flag and also mentioned ethnic Moroccans.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post

Thank you for the correction. The video and articles I read before only mentioned Football fans in Brussels, so I assumed they were Belgians. Now I searched again and saw vidoes and articles that showed Morocco's flag and also mentioned ethnic Moroccans.
      Lot of medias did that so people don't understand Moroccans was behind that. Something they don't do when Iran and Iranians are concerned

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        I went and looked more deeply at the stats from fifa.

https://www.fifatrainingcentre.com/e...ry-reports.php

the Asian teams that won their last games - they didn’t do anything too differently compared to TM. Some were understandably even more defensive. The more I read into it 3 things become clear

1 - too many players who were not fully fit
        2 - we got the worst possible opposition in our group for our style of play
        3 - we started with the wrong players in every game.

the rest really has to do with luck.

1- And thats why fifa allows 25 players.
        taking FOUR GK's for a probable 3 game tournament is insane
        If Azmoun was not full match fit, why start wt him? why not bring him at min 65-70 instead?
        Why call up unfit players whom you wont use anyway? Might as well call up one who ARE fit even if their quality isnt on par with the first team players. But certainly can be used.

Point 1 - ALL CQ's faults

2- I disagree. I'd rather have a young but inexperienced US team than the likes of spain, portugal, germany, ... etc etc etc
        I'm sure 99% of fans do so too.

3- Again CQ's fault.
        His subbing also totally blew ppl's minds. like subbing Azmoun out for Ali Karimi ( while needing a goal, a DM, who btw hasnt playerd football in months!.)
        Or brings in Ghoddos while we needed a partner up front for taremi who was being crowded ny defenders as sole ST.... while keeping nourolahi for so painfully long minutes!

- Not to mention horrible, overly cautious tactics. Made even more painful as we showed we could play a better game (like vs wales)

This is ENTIRELY CQ's failure.
        Our best ever chance to advance and perhaps something to build on for the future!
        CQ OUT FOREVER

Comment

His players selection, line up, taking 4 keepers, not taking 26 despite being so thin off the wingers remain a dark spot forever.

He basically made his mind for the squad before becoming the coach and inviting the rest of 20 something players was just to shut some mouths.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Who the hell wants to come to IR to coach? CQ is the best-qualified manager who will.
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Have to agree with Doctor DOOM, CQ's game plan vs. US was just utterly wrong. Had he given the same instructions as against Wales, I'm sure the outcome would have been different.

And the players, should not have started Azmoun, clearly not fit for the game. Should have brought in Karim and Ghoddos way earlier. Karim has been in these situations many times before, he can handle the pressure..

Comment

The biggest weak spots in Team Melli were Central and Left Defence, specially Left (Haji Safi and Mohammadi). Those areas were really exposed.

It seems that khabarvarzeshi writer agrees with me regarding Left Back.

https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/...B4%DB%8C%D8%AF

Mehdi Taremi and Ramin Rezaeian had the best performance this World Cup.

I'd say Sardar Azmoun was really good too. He did his best. It is just that he was not in good form.

So maybe the following should be dropped from Team Melli:

- Omid Ebrahimi
                - Ehsan Haji Safi
                - Milad Mohammadi
                - Karim Ansarifard
                - Vahid Amiri

Maybe should keep Ramin Rezaeian, Shoja Khalilzadeh despite being 32 and 33 years old. Also keep Morteza Pouraliganji and Alireza Jahanbakhsh for now.

What do you guys think about Rouzbeh Cheshmi and Ali Karimi, should they stay in Team Melli or be crossed out?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

bro he had more games than ali karimi . So the logic doesn't really work. Also we all can agree that saman is more fit than most of our players including ahmadnoor and ali karimi

The truth is that CQ messed up big time!
                  The logic works, because Ali Karimi shouldn’t have played either. No doubt CQ messed up, it’s 100% his fault we went out in the groupstage.

Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Working...
                  X