No announcement yet.

Sepahan/Zobahan Fan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys whats up wid Khalatbari does pp not want him or he doesn't wanna stay at pp no longer?
    sigpic

Comment

He is leaving Persepolis due to financial problems. Persepolis still havent paid Khalatbari and they still owe Ajman.

Comment

I don't think we will sign him this season. He is doing Bazargarmi and is "playing games" to sign a fatter contract with PP. Sepahan also participates in this "game" so that KB's salary from PP is increased.
        2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

http://toofanezard.ir/news/11326-%D8...%D9%86!!!.html
          sigpic

Comment

Sepahan defeated Arsenal-Tula 3-1 today in their training camp in Turkey. Mehdi Sharifi, Ali Karimi, and Rasoul Navidkia scored Sepahans goals.

Comment

here are some highlights from the game:
              http://toofanezard.ir/video/11346-%D...%8C%D9%87.html

Comment

Training in Turkey:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUoh...0QznplJQwJzLPQ

Comment

^^^ ROFL. They do know they're supposed to run on the treadmills not around them, right?!

And what's with the feather-weights?! I've seen skinny 90 lb. girls lift more weights than that.

I guess this explains why IPL is where IPL is and why CQ had to subject the team to such intense training camps. I really hope IPL teams get some proper trainers.

Comment

^ Or its possible that you have no idea how football players should be training.

Especially in pre-season where they are still preparing physically and have no need to be doing bicep curls with 50 pound dumbbells (not that they would ever need to do that).

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                      ^ Or its possible that you have no idea how football players should be training.

Especially in pre-season where they are still preparing physically and have no need to be doing bicep curls with 50 pound dumbbells (not that they would ever need to do that).
                      Anything is possible my friend.

The principles of training don't change for football players or any other athletes. You either train to build muscle mass/strength, or endurance. Pre-season IS the time to work on muscle mass and strength because your muscles have time to adjust to that type of training. Regular season is the time to work on both short-interval training and endurance, because those are the conditions you'll be facing regularly during your matches. That's why CQ wasn't subjecting our players to the type of physical training that he did post-season, during the regular season or during the WC.

All that aside, any trainer will tell you that the speed at which these guys are lifting these feather weights is NOT good for their muscles. Weight training isn't about how fast you do the exercise, it's actually about doing it slower, especially on the return so that 1 - your muscle is actually resisting the motion for a longer period and 2 - you're not subjecting your muscles to jerking motions to cause damage. And any good trainer will also tell you that below a certain weight, you are actually being counter-productive.

And no one said they should be doing 50 lb. bicep curls, but for a professional football player to be doing 40 lb. hamstring curls for training is just ridiculous. That's why he can do them so fast (double whammy) and why you barely see any muscle flex. Frankly, anything less than 70-80 lbs. is ridiculous at a professional level, even if it's just for toning.

Comment

We have no idea what they were doing there.

Maybe it was a light warm-up before the training? Or a post workout cool down? etc. etc.....

We simply can't judge what was going on there based on a 2 minute clip, especially not enough to be saying they should get new trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                          We have no idea what they were doing there.

Maybe it was a light warm-up before the training? Or a post workout cool down? etc. etc.....

We simply can't judge what was going on there based on a 2 minute clip, especially not enough to be saying they should get new trainers.
                          Needless to say, the IPL training sessions for any of the players in our World Cup squad should be a walk in the park from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                            ^^^ ROFL. They do know they're supposed to run on the treadmills not around them, right?!

And what's with the feather-weights?! I've seen skinny 90 lb. girls lift more weights than that.

I guess this explains why IPL is where IPL is and why CQ had to subject the team to such intense training camps. I really hope IPL teams get some proper trainers.
                            To Sepahan's credit they always hire great Physical trainers. Luca Rodman who was the trainer last year had an interesting interview on how Iranian players run away from hard training. If you can read farsi it is a good read:

http://namehnews.ir/News/Item/148826...%A7%D9%86.html

Comment

^^^ Excellent article Kia jaan and many thanks for sharing. It pretty much sums up the state of affairs in Iran and why our players have such a hard time getting European contracts. I guess Foolad the only bright spot and we can pretty much tell based on their performance in the IPL and AFC CL last year.

The only thing I didn't understand was running 20 meters in 10 seconds. I think that's a typo. We used to do 100 meters in 14 seconds in training and that was a couple of levels above recreational.

Comment

Sepahan tied Gloria Romania today 1-1. Sharifi scored again for Sepahan.

Comment

Working...
                                X