No announcement yet.

Sepahan/Zobahan Fan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krancjar doesn't get much help from his assistants. The club management is going down the drain. We probably have one of the youngest squads in the league and bright future talents, but we also need experienced players. Having no playmaker and a deadly striker like Bruno Cesar is Sepahan's main problem, however Sepahan signed the players in the offseason according to Krancjar and his tactics, and he has yet to produce. Krancjar, his assistants and the management are all to blame. For a club like Sepahan anything but a trophy is unacceptable for the fans, and they have already lost the title this year. They now have to try and compete for a ACL spot. We need Saket or Rahimi back.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
      Honestly, being a Sepahan fan, this was going to happen sooner or later. Sepahan remains to have the best management Iran but suffers the same shortcoming as other clubs and that's holding onto our main assets. Since the beginning of our 3-peat championship, we've lost players each season to Persepolis and Esteghlal (as has Zob Ahan) and it became worse once Ghalenoei left. Luckily, the management managed to fill the gap for some time but now we're facing the end result.

Last season, we had one of the most dynamic offenses in the league but one of the worst defenses (due to the departure of Hosseini, Bengar, and Ahmadi). This season, we managed to fix our defense and now have the second best record in that regard. However, the loss of Khalatbari as well as the absense of Navidkia and Sukaj has been felt immensely.

We don't have the luxury of Persepolis either who seems to function on an unlimited budget. That being said, we ourselves have one of the larger budgets. My problem is that the Sorkhabi teams buy the hottest assets of the moment, don't pay them, and repeat the process during the next open window. Half the time, their purchases aren't even aligned with their needs. Following Omid Nazari's first or second call-up to Team Melli, Royanian came out and said that he's going to bring Nazari and another Swedish player to PP. LOL

Despite buying up top players for seasons, PP continued to underperform until this season where they finally have a 'complete set'. Despite this, they'll be back in the market next season looking for the asset of the moment.

Sepahan has to start the rebuilding process now. They need to sign their young assets (i.e. Khalilzadeh) to long term contracts with clauses for European offers. They need to start integrating a new generation of youth players from their academy and lastly, they need to bring in more effective foreign players who improve the standard of the team.
      I thought you were a Persepolis fan. I see you have joined the dark side

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
        I thought you were a Persepolis fan. I see you have joined the dark side
        Yep

That was before I knew much about the league. At the time, it was always 'Are you Persepolisi or Esteghlali'? The more I started following the league, the more I came to appreciate teams like Foolad, Sepahan, and Zob Ahan. We both found our way to Sepahan, only through different Tehrani clubs.

As for the championship this season, it's not completely out of reach. If we can start integrating the new striker and shortly get Navidkia and Sukaj back in the mix, we can make a late run in the final 1/3 of the season. Just look at Malavan - not too long ago they were in the relegation zone; now, after 4-5 consecutive wins, they're 7th in the league.
        Last edited by K. Nader; 12-12-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
          Krancjar doesn't get much help from his assistants. The club management is going down the drain. We probably have one of the youngest squads in the league and bright future talents, but we also need experienced players. Having no playmaker and a deadly striker like Bruno Cesar is Sepahan's main problem, however Sepahan signed the players in the offseason according to Krancjar and his tactics, and he has yet to produce. Krancjar, his assistants and the management are all to blame. For a club like Sepahan anything but a trophy is unacceptable for the fans, and they have already lost the title this year. They now have to try and compete for a ACL spot. We need Saket or Rahimi back.
          I like Rahimi but he has a lot to learn about management. I don't want him as the head of the club. Dehnavi still owes us money. The way he lost Khalatbari last season & Rahman & Karimian the season before was uncalled for. His contract with Bruno Cesr was stupid. From what I heard he paid a charlatan middleman posing as an agent. He is an honest man & a true Sepahani & his heart is in the right place but he doean't have what it takes to manage a club like Sepahan. He ruined the handball team that rule Iran for a decade & ruined all the women's sports. He fired Khorvash (the best manager in the history) & brought us Jabbari & Afshin 2 of the most unprofessional footballers ever. Please hire a decent manager or bring back Saket or Khorvash.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
            Yep

That was before I knew much about the league. At the time, it was always 'Are you Persepolisi or Esteghlali'? The more I started following the league, the more I came to appreciate teams like Foolad, Sepahan, and Zob Ahan. We both found our way to Sepahan, only through different Tehrani clubs.

As for the championship this season, it's not completely out of reach. If we can start integrating the new striker and shortly get Navidkia and Sukaj back in the mix, we can make a late run in the final 1/3 of the season. Just look at Malavan - not too long ago they were in the relegation zone; now, after 4-5 consecutive wins, they're 7th in the league.
            I think today and the game vs. Tractor was a good chance to reach back up top. But with us dropping points on a regular basis, we always have to rely on our rivals above us in the table to lose their games, which doesn't happen every week. I hope we can make a late push and at least grab a ACL spot, the title is not out of reach but it will be hard to gain the points we already lost, however the schedule after the tractor game is in our favour.

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
              I like Rahimi but he has a lot to learn about management. I don't want him as the head of the club. Dehnavi still owes us money. The way he lost Khalatbari last season & Rahman & Karimian the season before was uncalled for. His contract with Bruno Cesr was stupid. From what I heard he paid a charlatan middleman posing as an agent. He is an honest man & a true Sepahani & his heart is in the right place but he doean't have what it takes to manage a club like Sepahan. He ruined the handball team that rule Iran for a decade & ruined all the women's sports. He fired Khorvash (the best manager in the history) & brought us Jabbari & Afshin 2 of the most unprofessional footballers ever. Please hire a decent manager or bring back Saket or Khorvash.
              I agree but after Saket or Khorvash, I would still rather have him manage the club than Torabian or anyone else. He did some good things while he was in charge as well. What I liked about Rahimi is that he would always defend Sepahan no matter what the cost, especially on Navad. Sepahan had just too much hashiyeh around the team this year especially with Jabbari, Dehnavi and Afshin. Sepahan was the only club that would never have much hashiyeh surrounding the club. They have also been extremely unlucky throughout the season in their games, but I guess you could say that Zobahan has even been more unlucky.

Comment

We need someone who can put the ball in the net ! Honestly sepahan had waaaaay too many chances but almost every single player missed 100% goal !

Comment

Originally posted by SeZaAhan View Post
                  We need someone who can put the ball in the net ! Honestly sepahan had waaaaay too many chances but almost every single player missed 100% goal !
                  Karemoon be jayi resideh ke Aghili shodeh forwardemoon.

Comment

PGL championship is not completely out of reach, but with this squad we probably cannot win it this year. The only bright side is that NK and Sukaj are going to be ready for the ACL games.

As for this season, if we can advance from our ACL group and also stand in one of the top three spots of the PGL table and qualify for the next ACL season, IMO we will have a successful season.
                    2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

1.5 years contract is done with Sergio Van djik.

Comment

too bad we cant use him for another 3 weeks. Any news on when Navidkia and Sukay return?

Comment

Shire Sepahan! Interesting that we have had a very good record this season against the top teams. We just keep losing points against lower teams in the table.
                          2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Originally posted by TM-Fan View Post
                            Shire Sepahan! Interesting that we have had a very good record this season against the top teams. We just keep losing points against lower teams in the table.
                            Thats always been Sepahan's weakness, except this year we lost too many points against weak teams. Glad that we finally won a match after 7 weeks, and great to see O.Ebrahimi and Sharifi score. We now face an easier schedule, but we are still way behind in terms of points. We have to rely on the other contenders to lose points, and hope that Sepahan doesnt choke against the likes of Fajr and Saba in the upcoming games.

Comment

Kranchar takes time to build a team. Once he does the stupid management loses 7 of the players. We have to keep the roster 7 add a playmaker & a forward & sign Kranchar for 2 more seasons.

Comment

You are right Kia jan. We have made too many changes in the roster during the past two seasons. We need to keep the skeleton of the team and change 2-3 players every season and add a couple of players from the youth team. This is what makes sense and almost all of the big clubs in the world do. Two seasons ago, we won the IPL but then changed 7 players in our starting 11 for the following season. This is an absolutely wrong thing to do.

As you said, Kracjar should stay too.
                                2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Working...
                                X