Worst TV comments in this World Cup (so far): Serbia - Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst TV comments in this World Cup (so far): Serbia - Argentina

i've never in my life heard such comments during a football game (on ESPN), so i decided to write them for those of you who don't watch ESPN
    I guess this year's "King Fahad's Saudi Arabia Award for Worst Football" should go to Serbia & Montenegro. really sad though, this was their last WC as a country.

here it is:

- Boys vs men
    - The should just leave the field
    - White shirts should just stop playing and go back to the locker-room
    - No desire to play
    - Almost as Argentina is saying “come on guys is World cop, play with us. Compete against us
    - What a mess it has been
    - No pressure (for the coach) he is gone…
    - Only one team has come to play today
    - Only Kezman cares, rest of them should go off the field [by the way Kezman got the red card]
    - Nobody deserves captain’s armband but somebody got to wear it (after Milosveic got subbed)
    - Finally someone brings some spirit into this spiritless team
    - This has been a one-sided game as it has ever been in this world cup
    - This is almost comical

AND THE WORST ONE:

- If the referee has any mercy he will blow the whistle when clock hits the 90 min. (in fact the referee was merciful and the games ended at 23 seconds into the stoppage time)

ESPN is a disgrace. Their commentating is absolutely horrible!

Here are some other things i have heard them say in other games:

1. In the Ivory coast vs. Argentina game, they said that Ivory Coast must double team Riquelme kinda similar to what the Pistons tried to do with Shaq in the NBA.

2. During Trinidad & Tobago vs Sweden they compared T & T to George Mason in NCAA Basketball tournament...

3. Another time, when a team was down 2-0, they were like "okay this is just like baseball, your in the 7th inning, 2 runners on base, 2 outs..."

Comment

LOOOL

I still dont understand when Serbia and Montenegro splits how will the players be split ?

who will go where

Comment

Well, they used to do this. I am sure you have seen many hocky and football the same way. As far as it's not about race, religion, country, politics, I am OK with it.

Comment

The commentators on tsn and sportsnet are just as bad, if not worse. In the post game show of iran/portugal many iran player names were said wrong such as mirazpoor for mirzapour. Some comments I found disrespectful against iran by bbc and canadian commentating. The bbc commentator also blaitantly supports any english language team, even putting down players of nations they do not like such as zidane.
          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
            The commentators on tsn and sportsnet are just as bad, if not worse. In the post game show of iran/portugal many iran player names were said wrong such as mirazpoor for mirzapour. Some comments I found disrespectful against iran by bbc and canadian commentating. The bbc commentator also blaitantly supports any english language team, even putting down players of nations they do not like such as zidane.
            i noticed the same; they cheer for Australia, england and US most of the time...

Comment

they were almost racist againts iran.
              piss take from daei on bench (bbc).
              Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Yeah I agree, ESPN has been terrible with their comments this world cup! and its not only the comments they make during the games with Balboa blasting the Italy-USA ref repeatedly, but after also with their 'analysts'...for instance Wynaldo sitting on his asss and saying "Ronaldo is fat" or "Brazil is ten men plus an overweight guy standing around" and something about Ronaldo holding cheeseburgers. First of all who the fukk are you to judge someone who has done a hundred times in one world up than your asss has every done, second if you are to insult a player show some respect and dont be so biased all the time, and finally who the hell are you to talk so highly of your precious American team and then put Ronaldo down...if he was American you think McBride would start over him? NO, your team doesnt even compare so dont insult...god these americans piss me off, im thinking of writing ESPN too.
                Last edited by Amir H F; 06-20-2006, 01:05 PM.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Working...
                X