Day5: Day of useless super stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day5: Day of useless super stars

I don’t know I should blame Sanyo Video maker, China, USA, Japan or any one else, any way, my recorder some how didn’t record the first game till 70 minutes. So, I missed the most part of the S. Korea vs Togo, however I know Ahn the star of this game and also 2002 World cup was the sub of Iranian striker, Ali Samerh in his club. See what we did to our player by putting him behind a big name, Daei, and what they did with their potential. Sad indeed. If you guys saw the game please report it here.

You know France have enough quality strikers for the rest of the world, names that any player's back thrills playing against them, but some how for strange reasons they haven’t scored for more than 360 minutes in World Cup. I guess some of their players belong to museum. I was thinking if we export our Ali Daei to them, their collection of fossils will be complete. However, don’t count them out yet, if Henry plays the way I have seen before from him, no team can stand in front of them. He still showed a few scenes why I believe he is the best player ever played football in history. About Switzerland, do I remember any thing? A team with no name, no significant action but hard team work and luck. They were too lucky the ref didn’t call the obvious penalty. They have nothing to say. I guess S. Korea has no problem going up from this group.

Finally the majesty Brazil came, a team with too many names, with too much news around them, a team with too many stars. Of course today, sleeping stars. They showed they are too much for any team to handle, even their reserve under 21 team is a threat for WC any day. But, today, they didn’t play to their potential, and that is dangerous for other teams. One of my Brazilian friends once told me, if Brazil start slow, no one can stop them, they have to get to the world cup tempo, well they start slow and I guess my Brazilian friend knows his team better than us. Croatia must be the happiest loser in the plant, they showed a very competitive game with the champion. Good game plan, excellent individual skills, strong team work, defensively and offensively. I am sure now Branko is happy and in his next interview will mention “we almost beat the team who lost to the Brazil 1-0”. Well, we already played with two teams who are claimed to be number 4 in the world.

Enjoy the football festival.

Cheers
    Last edited by Hajagha; 06-14-2006, 05:57 AM.

I taped the Togo S. Korea's game

Hajii beleive me you did not miss much, if you missed the 70 minuts of Togo S. Korea. S.Korea was its typical team. Hard working, with a good team discipline and following the system, but with nothing creative or memorable. Togo played with 10 players from 50th minutes and that was their demise I think. Anh was good but not as great as Media reported after the game.
    As for Brazil, I hope it is all that slow start stuff, because I didn't see anything so great about this team. There was so much Swagger and Hype. But I guess we have to wait and see. I think Croatia will do great and Australia and Japan have no fat chance.
    I am so disappointed by France. What is going on? All these Superstars are not hungry for world cup I think. Probably Frace is suffering from the same problem the England has been suffering for decades in the WC. Are players saturated with titles, money, fame? Who knows? Where was Zedan? Henry continued his drought?
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X