Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifa delays goal-line technology

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/4488318.stm :
    Fifa has ruled out using a ball containing an electronic chip at the 2006 World Cup.
    The chip helps referees decide whether the ball has crossed the goal-line and was tested at the Under-17 World Championship in Peru.
    But Fifa general secretary Urs Linsi said: "The technology is not ready."
    Geoff Hurst's second goal against West Germany in the 1966 World Cup final famously bounced down on the line and was awarded as a goal by the linesman.
    More recently, Liverpool's Luis Garcia scored a controversial winning goal in last season's 1-0 Champions League semi-final win over Chelsea, with television replays unable to prove whether the ball had crossed the line
    The 'smart ball' was also due to be used at the forthcoming World Club Championship but those plans have also been abandoned.
    A statement from sportswear and equipment manufacturer Adidas said: "It has been decided to focus on the further development and testing of the system before using it at tournaments on the highest professional level."

I am wondering what people think about this, should it have been used or not.
    I personally think it should be used as it helps referees a lot, and stops a lot of the controvesies caused in these situations.
    Imagine if Iran scored a goal like that and it was ruled not a goal. We would be fuming.
    YES
    0%
    NO
    0%

There will be lot of changes in the next world cup

Comment

Yes, of course.
      VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

If the officials say the technology is not ready yet, I don't feel in the position to vote other than no.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza
          If the officials say the technology is not ready yet, I don't feel in the position to vote other than no.
          I agree

Comment

Working...
          X