CQ and IFF. Change or Continuity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ and IFF. Change or Continuity?

We made it to the WC. I am still pinching myself since it feels like a dream.

Although I think we have a less talented team than 1998 and 2006, there is plenty of time to be able to create a TEAM that can extremely well in 2014 and come home with points in the bag.

As our preparations begin today, The first and Obvious question is our coaching staff.
    Do we keep CQ or do we change? How about our Federation? Do we Still want changes?

Frankly, I think the best solution is to stick to the current staff no matter what and extend CQ contract.
    He now knows Iran and Iranians well, has qualified us to the World Cup, and has the best understanding of our country's system, league and players.

However, with political change at the top levels of our country, I would not be surprised (in fact it is highly likely) if IFF goes through changes in the upcoming months.
    Our current federation and the state of our football management is indeed a mess and going through dark times, just like the rest of our country. So changes at the top and possible/rumored return of figures like Dadkan or even Mehralizadeh is a positive change for sure.

However, you could also argue that Kaffashian and Co. has good synergy with our current TM staff and any change there can disrupt CQ and his team.

What do you guys think?

As far as I know CQ's contract was automatically extended for a year after the successful qualification, so he is under contract and IFF certainly won't fire him.

But Queiroz might quit. He has done that before with South Africa after leading them to WC, but stepping down due to disagreements with the federation.

So if he feels he wasn't supported enough or pressured by IFF, he might well go now that he finished what he came for.

I personally don't think he will do that. He will not let his team down.

Comment

Even if a coach has arguments with the federation and even if he's qualified and been to the World Cup before, I don't see how one could pull themselves away from the biggest stage in the world!
      The World Cup is the peak of international football. No one wants to miss it.

And as Martin said, IFF intelligently (surprisingly!) negotiated the contract such that it automatically extends if Iran qualifies. And fortunately that happened.

I fear there will be federation changes and there will be Iranian and foreign coaches who want the job especially around March-late May. There will be rumors of fights, splits, extreme criticism after every game... there may be players who stir shit up... TM has to be very careful and CQ needs to be aware of how many people will do anything to have his job.

Comment

Keep CQ
        appoint mansourian as 1st assistant coach

fire the f**k out of kafashian and co

Comment

Hopefully, CQ will keep his attitude and mentality and won't think that the job is done already. Otherwise, make Mansourian the coach? I don't know. I think CQ will be our safest bet as long as he doesn't act up (dabbe dar nayare).

As for IFF ... I'm guessing the Minister of Sports will be changed with regards to our new president and his cabinet. Along with the Minister, I think changing Kaffashian for someone for competent is really important, but it must be someone who is willing to walk along with CQ.

Good negotiators are also paramount. We need friendlies against strong teams for once. We will be playing (hopefully at least) 3 of the world's best 31 teams, having friendlies against the UAE is useless.

With CQ's 5-4-1 (yes I know it's a dynamic system more or less since either our RWB or LWB join the attack but since we only have one forward/attacking midfielder at the moment) getting into the mainframe of our players, I think a switch in coaching should be done sooner than later, if one is to be made.

Hiddink anyone ?
          Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
          محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
          - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post

Although I think we have a less talented team than 1998 and 2006
            Hadi e aziz...
            I have to disagree with that....
            Our currant defense is better ...and we are a far better defensive team now....
            Goochi,Dejagah,Khalatbari.......are the best we have ever had..on offense..
            our Goal keeping is acceptable ( would have been on par or better with rahmati )
            and our midfield..may not be as good...but is getting there.
            our coach is also is the better or atleast even...with more WC experince...
            .. all in all..I take this team over those teams you mentioned any time.
            Last edited by zzgloo; 06-20-2013, 08:33 AM.

Comment

i cant disagree more.

Maybe you would like to go and rewatch the tapes of iran-Mexico in 2006 or Iran-Japan in 2005 as a reminder.

Comment

i cant disagree more.

Maybe you would like to go and rewatch the tapes of iran-Mexico in 2006 or Iran-Japan in 2005 as a reminder.
                our defense is definitely better.... but the rest is questionable.
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

our defense is better. Agreed.

The reason for that is that for the first time in our history, we have center backs who are like modern european CBs. This means, they can pass the ball well and build up play, do not go down easily and do not just aimlessly kick the ball directly to our forwards. (read Aghili, Peyrovani, Ansarian, R. Rezaie etc).

Our left backs also are for the first time in years, solid as rock defensively. Physically they are tall, strong and fast and they do not left any Asian level team overlap them.

Comment

i cant disagree more.

I remember the Mexico game......Branko.with the help ofhis country man coach help...tried to trick the mexicans for only the first half..on the secound half, the argentian coach of mexico out done branko,and emmbarresed TM...
                    as for japan game....they became the Asian champs twice ina row, and only became third once.....and japan, since then, has had gigantic improvements and left us behind......in fact today's Asian teams, are way too storng.....

Comment

AW: CQ and IFF. Change or Continuity?

I don't think coaching on either side decided the Mexico game. The chain of three individual errors - Kaebi, Mirzapour and Rezaei gave the Mexicans the 2-1 and decided the match.

Comment

^
                        true, plus our players kind of ran out of steam after the 65th minute and with our main stars (kia, karimi, hashemian, zandi) all coming back from injury recently, there wasnt much point of return.
                        Originally posted by siavasharian
                        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

What ever it was, it was a bad showing from TM side.....
                          The game started by Branko's tactic of not allowing Mexican wings to advance or cut inside no matter the cost..that was why, TM gave away too many set pieces /free kicks to Mexico......turned out ,that too many free kicks against TM was over whelming...in addition, The Argetain coach of mexico adjusted the game plans, and TM no longer had any defensive startegy that would stop the mexicans.....and the time of possession was all for mexico...the only goal from TM, came from over loading the Mexican Box on a corner by seven of our players including two central defensive players....and it was Golmohamadi who scored...
                          very scared defensive game plan, very similar to what Ghotbi did againt Korea, in Qatar.
                          Last edited by zzgloo; 06-22-2013, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                              What ever it was, it was a bad showing from TM side.....
                              The game started by Branko's tactic of not allowing Mexican wings to advance or cut inside no matter the cost..that was why, TM gave away too many set pieces /free kicks to Mexico......turned out ,that too many free kicks against TM was over whelming...in addition, The Argetain coach of mexico adjusted the game plans, and TM no longer had any defensive startegy that would stop the mexicans.....and the time of possession was all for mexico...the only goal from TM, came from over loading the Mexican Box on a corner by seven of our players including two central defensive players....and it was Golmohamadi who scored...
                              very scared defensive game plan, very similar to what Ghotbi did againt Korea, in Qatar.
                              possesion stats were 53%-47%, so it was pretty close as the link below suggests

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...06/4852682.stm

we scored the same way they did the first goal, a loose ball on a dead ball situation. so both goals were the same.
                              the second goal was a pathetic series of mistakes by kaebi, mirzapour and rezai. had one of them been slightly more careful, we wouldnt have conceded that goal.
                              their third goal came from open play and a header , a similar chance hashemian had missed in the first half.

further more, hashemian also missed a tap-in from 2 meters.

just watch the highlights below again and see wat chances we created and missed. It was not a poor display at all, we played very well for first 65 minutes, after that we were out of gas and our legionnaires lack of fitness didnt help either. mexico didnt create much of dangerous chances except for the 3rd goal, we created more, but we were careless both infront and at the back while they were very efficient.

it was nothing at all similar to ghotbis plan against korea and it was much more daring than quieroz plan as well. we had no shots at goal with queiroz against korea except for 1 which their defender gifted to us against them. compare that to the below highlights from mexico game for urself

Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 06-22-2013, 10:25 AM.
                              Originally posted by siavasharian
                              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
                              X