KUWAIT - IRAN (ACQ March 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
    Mansourian has never won a competitive match as headcoach. He is not an option for TM. He might be on the very beginning of a good way with the Omid team after all, but that's it. Stop dreaming. He's no Guardiola.

And we changed a big authority at helm of TM almost exactly four years ago. Looking back we might have had better chances winning in Pyongyang had we kept Daei.

In comparison, Mehdi Ali brought UAE to the Olympics and helped the team shine there. Not really compareable to Mansourian's situation.

And Qatar's new coach lost both if his competitive matches after beating Egypt B in a friendly. I have my doubts he will last until June.

Did you know at the time that Guardiola will be so successful with Barcelona? Did you know that Guardiola played for Al Ahli of Qatar before taking the helm at Barcelona B team as a coach. That was only coaching experience. In retrospect , one can claim anything. Beside what sort of divine power you have to PREDICT what Mansourian will be or not ?

But then again I suspect that his is not about Mansourian , but more about your unequivocal support for Carlos Queiroz, which you are entitled to. But . it becomes wicked when such support means demeaning other people like Mansourian.

sigpic

Comment

Only a few words:

- I'm totally against sacking Queiroz now. This is HIS mess and HE has to finish it. I want the DISGUSTING FAILURE of reaching the World Cup from the easiest group ever to be added to his glorious CV. Queirzos should have been sacked right after our loss to Lebanon, not now.

- Queiroz has NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to offer to Iran football in the next 3 months. He knows it, we know it, the IFF knows it. Everyone is waiting for a MIRACLE. Or, as we say it in Farsi, Omidvarim taghi be tughi bokhore va berim Jam-e-Jahani.

- Queiroz is staying in Iran just to cash the reminder of his contract. Even he himself knows this campaign is over. The IFF won't fire him because, even if they do, they have to pay his FULL CONTRACT while paying ANOTHER COACH as Queiroz's replacement. IFF simply can't afford to do that.

Bottom line:

Our World Cup qualification is no longer a matter of Queiroz's strategies (non-existent any way!), but it depends whether taghi be tughi khahad khord ya na...

Comment

LOL
        martin can stick to "names" and "fame" of people and this illusory ideas that anyone from outside is automatically better than what's inside Iran (says how you rate and see Iran as). even if protecting these "names" means putting down downright talent from Iran. hey, that's your OPINION.
        I would rather stick to FACTS.
        facts such as selecting a deficient line up, which comes to light when your team keeps crossing to a non-existent target in opponents' defense.
        facts such as sticking to low energy and low output players no matter how badly they perform game in, game out (ansarifard, ... )
        facts like horrible substitutions and horrible tactics
        fact is we suffer from lack of goal scoring at TM (as everyone and their cousins are aware of) and yet we see names like Oladi (2-3 goals) in CQ's list when we have far more capable and in form players like salehi (13 + 2 in ACL goals) sit out.

mine are based on true events and what actually happens on the pitch. while you expect people to simply keep quiet only because X is famous or Y has a good past resume. irrelevant when things are going wrong at this very moment

I start talking and criticizing when there is CAUSE to criticize. I'm sorry if I am not affected by the "fame"-bug or if I'm not a "name-victim", who would bite his tongue and not talk about mistakes if the name of the person is bigger than or more famous than a certain limit.

Comment

I forgot to add one more fact to my last post:

Facts like when you know the pitch is horrible for ground play, any HALF-DECENT coach would know you'd have more success in AERIAL tactics than those based on the ground. so any HALF-DECENT coach would at least place one (if not 2) tall strikers who could take advantage of this.

now, why didnt CQ behave like a half-decent coach, with all his years of blah blah blah?

martin wants us to keep quiet at the face of CQ's resume in wikipedia or whatever. fine. we'll be quiet. but isnt it our right to EXPECT the proportionate level of coaching from this illustrious name too?

Comment

Every one,after recent wins by qatar & Uzbakistan,is seeing the disqualification to WC being more real...and naturaly, the criticisms are becoming more pronounced and louder.......and QC should about now, start to feel the real Iranian intolerance for football failiers.
            CQ is a good man, and he means well....yet he has major problems with TM...
            1- He is too defensive/conservative.
            2- He distrust Iranian football.
            3-He ignores local culture and system.
            I how ever, do not think, we should change him at this moment.....it is too late !
            Last edited by zzgloo; 03-27-2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              martin wants us to keep quiet at the face of CQ's resume in wikipedia or whatever. fine. we'll be quiet.
              Martin would have been a great member in ANY COMMUNIST regime, where only POSITIVE PROPAGANDA was allowed.
              Had Martin lived in Eastern Europe when this part of the world was ruled by the communist, he would have been an important figure, right up there with Ceausescu...

This isn't an insult.
              This is the man's way of thinking and I've been convinced of this over the years.

In his view, everything is just fine and peachy, even when the SH*T hits the ceiling.
              In Queiroz's case, it hit the ceiling long long time a go, the stench has covered the room, but Martin (and others like him!) are still holding their noses, saying we can't smell anything.

Comment

The other important issue besides a lack of improvement in the game tactics and strategy under CQ (remember he has been in charge for two years now!) is that we had another perfect goal in the Kuwait game which was disallowed, adding salt to the wounds of the disallowed goals versus Uzbekistan and the friendly with Brazil in 2010. I also recall the Korean referees giving a very suspicious red card to Arash Afshin in the Asian Cup 2011 which disallowed him to participate in the crucial quarter final clash with South Korea. It appears to me that aside from the Australian and Japanese referees, others in Asia are not likely to be neutral towards Iran, primarily because they fail to be fully professional (that includes allowing prejudices to take over decisions.) Instead of simply complaining about it in the media, the IFF and the team headcoach should launch a formal complaint to the AFC and FIFA. If nothing else, this act can help reduce future instances of bias in refereering against the national team because they know Iran is no longer a low-hanging fruit. Things will not get better until there is a formal action initiated.

Keano jaan, it is not necessary to have a single all-rounded goal scorer like Daie to put away every 50-50 ball. As the recent example of U-22 showed, a team can have many goal scorers once they have good coordination and dynamics. A team like that is much harder to tie down for opponents because every single player can be a reliable finisher.
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

martin says I complain, no matter who the coach. true. because when I see defects and lapses, I will bring it up and am not scared of the name or fame of the person.
                  I mean, I did it to my absolute favorite football personality, Daei when he dropped the ball in his coaching. after that, am I going to shy away from criticizing the likes of qotbi or CQ? heh. think again.

yes, I did complain. because there WAS cause for complaints.
                  for many years we've had the tussle on the issue of LEFT BACK. starting with that chap, zareh who was actually a right midfielder, then, nosrati (whose better perfomances have been at CD or even RB) to ... etc.
                  but when we did find Pouladi and Mahini and gave a few games to provide a decent amount of time in the post, we saw we dont have that massive a problem as before. so you dont really see people picking up that issue. Are they perfect and without mistakes? hell no. but it is a marked improvement from before that we seem to be able to live with. to me, that's a good start, to build on.

bottomline is as long as people see lacks and shortcomings, they WILL bring up these issues. no matter who is the coach or the player or how modern a system is or ... etc. and right now, it is multiple factors: imbalanced and defective selection, very shoddy game tactics, lack of plan-B during a game and a very poor overall strategy for the campaign

Comment

It's funny that you try to push me in the corner of being a name and CV worshipper only, DD. We had the same discussion we have now when Ivankovic, Daei and Ghotbi were in charge - not really the most famous international coaches, are they?

You're philosophy simply is demanding change when things are not going as you expect and my philosophy is that only consistency can bring you success. This is why we clash and hijack hundreds of threads with our discussions for almost a decade. It's is absolutely ridiculous to claim I would just support a coach when he's famous or foreign.

On a different note in regards to your trademark "when I see something bad I am so freaking courageous to speak out" speech, as said many times before the problem with that is that I think you lack very basic football knowledge but at the same time you really think what you perceive equals reality.

And yet it is perfectly alright to have an own opinion and criticize even if you think Egil Olsen is a Norwegian dish, but I prefer people who always remember who they are and talk accordingly. The way you are presenting your concerns would be worthy of an acknowledged football expert and not of a dentist from Texas who can barely differ a diamond midfield from a square midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser Amir View Post
                      Martin would have been a great member in ANY COMMUNIST regime, where only POSITIVE PROPAGANDA was allowed.
                      Had Martin lived in Eastern Europe when this part of the world was ruled by the communist, he would have been an important figure, right up there with Ceausescu...

This isn't an insult.
                      This is the man's way of thinking and I've been convinced of this over the years.

In his view, everything is just fine and peachy, even when the SH*T hits the ceiling.
                      In Queiroz's case, it hit the ceiling long long time a go, the stench has covered the room, but Martin (and others like him!) are still holding their noses, saying we can't smell anything.
                      What you and similar minded people believe, ( and this is not an insult either )..is that the Sky is the limit...all we need is a better coach, a better game plan...thats all.
                      ignoring ,realities on the ground....
                      all you need to do, is to look at progress in every other departments and organizations in IRAN.....and limit your wishes accordingly.

Comment

^^ yes, sure. it's when things are not "going MY way". otherwise, this reality you speak of is TM winning games and beating everyone and is well on the road to qualification.
                        and apparently, by your logic, "MY way" is opposite of what TM is achieving. lol
                        because obviously I cant stand it that TM has played well, won games, gathered enough points and is almost qualified.
                        hoe-kayyy

and all those other occasions I spoke out, actually and in reality, the team was doing well, playing good football and winning games and scoring goals and ... . and somehow in the middle of all these wins and goals and great performances, I couldnt stand all this winning and had to speak out and complain!!!

hehehe ... your logic amazes me

Comment

Working...
                        X