Brilliance in goals against Lebanon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliance in goals against Lebanon

Beside the happiness about the result and the way we played, I am particularily pleased about the way we we scored our goals.

Especially impressive was the second goal. Yes, it was a penalty kick, but did you notice the build-up leading up to it?

It starts with Dejagah's chance and a goalkick. Shojaei's header-pass to Nekounam to that goalkick was the first of 10 consecutive passes, mostly in the opponent's half with many one-touch passes among them.

We were combining very well, taking no unneccesary risks, patiently waiting for the gap but without only playing backpasses and squareballs, Shojaei finally finding Dejagah in the box who wins the penalty.

I barely can remember TM ever playing such long combinations without unforced errors or impatient long balls forward. This was very European football.

Apart from that, also the first and fourth goal were beautiful in my opinion, both due to Jabbari's brilliance.

The fourth perfectly shows why the guy is irreplaceable for us, as he sees the fullback is leaving Dejagah basically behind him and immediately he changes the pace of the game with a quick flick which makes a midfield pass-around suddenly turn into a big chance. Dejagah's precise pass and Ghoochannejhad's instinct round this goal up.

Not that the other two were not nicely created out of play, but I think the second and the fourth particularily stand out.

now if only we could repeat this against a half-decent team. surely lebanon cannot and shd not be our measuring stick

meaning I'd love to see this against the likes of uzbekistan, skorea, china, saudi, iraq, ... etc instead of minnows like lebanon, indonesia, maldives, ... . coz that's when we can say we have arrived.

Comment

Well, I am quite happy because especially against teams like Lebanon you have to play like this to open up a defense of basically 9-10 players. Korea & Co. give you more space in attack, on the other hand they are much more dangerous when in possession than the rather helpless Lebanese.

I think those are very different games, what we need more against the bigger teams is better and quicker transition from defense to offense and vice versa. We barely manage to counter attack well. Against Lebanon that's not such an issue, they will not attack with more than 3-4 players anyways, so you will normally not be punished for not defending well immediately after a turnover, nor will you be able to really counter attack them.

The defense seems stable though, with the sole exception of setpieces, which hopefully will finally be fixed this year.

Comment

Everything starts with Dejagah.... ..he is the " go to " guy !!........
        He is like an aircraft carrier in the middle of the enemy's waters.
        He has no weaknesses in his play,from defensive duties to offensive..from out hustling others, to long range kicks, from great dribbles,to proffessionalism, from unselfihness,to feeding others, from providing great chances,to super killer instincts,...to humility........He has got it all.
        He is simply ,the best Iranian player Ever .
        Last edited by zzgloo; 02-11-2013, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Ashkan Dejagha is truly a blessing for TM!

here is teh difference having a player gone through the youth programme in a decent European league and making his way to senior teams and proving himself there, is what is missing in Iran!
          Just one player has such an impact... imagine we had 11 of them....!
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

^ yup... problem in iran is that the players are actually talented but nobody is well rounded because they never go through professional teams or programs.
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

We have seen it by our own eyes,that talent is not enough !.....it may even not be the most important quality....intelegence, and deciplin,and proffessionality..are more importamt factors.
              Last edited by zzgloo; 02-20-2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                Beside the happiness about the result and the way we played, I am particularily pleased about the way we we scored our goals.

Especially impressive was the second goal. Yes, it was a penalty kick, but did you notice the build-up leading up to it?

It starts with Dejagah's chance and a goalkick. Shojaei's header-pass to Nekounam to that goalkick was the first of 10 consecutive passes, mostly in the opponent's half with many one-touch passes among them.

We were combining very well, taking no unneccesary risks, patiently waiting for the gap but without only playing backpasses and squareballs, Shojaei finally finding Dejagah in the box who wins the penalty.

I barely can remember TM ever playing such long combinations without unforced errors or impatient long balls forward. This was very European football.

Apart from that, also the first and fourth goal were beautiful in my opinion, both due to Jabbari's brilliance.

The fourth perfectly shows why the guy is irreplaceable for us, as he sees the fullback is leaving Dejagah basically behind him and immediately he changes the pace of the game with a quick flick which makes a midfield pass-around suddenly turn into a big chance. Dejagah's precise pass and Ghoochannejhad's instinct round this goal up.

Not that the other two were not nicely created out of play, but I think the second and the fourth particularily stand out.
                if Ostad Aghili was playing that game i bet you, we would not have seen 10 consecutive passes on that play!!! i can almost bet my life on it!

it was a blessing not to have him on the team as he takes everyone out of their game with his long punts.

he would have been a great punter in NFL.
                IRI = FAILED

Comment

Working...
                X