Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adesorian Experiment: ROWSHAN, PIUS, DAEI 3 forwards form 3 epoches in 10 Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adesorian Experiment: ROWSHAN, PIUS, DAEI 3 forwards form 3 epoches in 10 Categories

whilst we had many great forwards in our history
    these 3 forwards HASSAN ROWSHAN, FARSHAD PIUS, ALI DAEI each can be regarded as most "talked abouts" during the three time epoches they played:

Hassan rowshan of Golden 70ies
    Farshad Pius of 80ies
    Ali Daei of 90ies and new millenium

lets try to categorize them in the following 10 categories, who would make it first in each list:

SPEED
    HEADERS
    PRECISION
    AGILITY
    TECHNICAL SKILLS
    DRIBBLINGS
    SHOOTING TECHNIQUE
    AIR DUEL
    GROUND DUEL
    TEAM WORK

my own list would go as follows;

SPEED Rowshan
    HEADERS Daei
    PRECISION Rowshan
    AGILITY Pius
    TECHNICAL SKILLS Rowshan
    DRIBBLINGS Rowshan
    SHOOTING TECHNIQUE Rowshan
    AIR DUEL Daei
    GROUND DUEL Pius
    TEAM WORK Pius

score: Rowshan (5), Pius (3), Daei (2)

Purely analytical!
    Pick ONLY ONE for each category! How would your list look like?
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Interesting topic...Love it.

But Farhad jan...Nafahmidam ....don't you regard scoring or finishing as extremely important attribute of a player specially a forward?

I have adjusted that with your kind permission and eliminated Ground duel cuz it is covered by both team work and dribbling.

my own list would go as follows;

SPEED: Rowshan
    HEADERS: Daei
    PRECISION: Rowshan
    AGILITY Rowshan
    TECHNICAL SKILLS: Rowshan
    DRIBBLING: Rowshan
    SHOOTING TECHNIQUE Rowshan
    AIR DUEL: Daei
    TEAM WORK: Daei
    GOAL SCORING/FINISHING: Daei

score: Rowshan (6), Pius (0), Daei (4)

To be fair and to qualify my reasoning , I have not seen Pious in action as much as Daei and Rowshan and what I have seen of Pious was more promise than action.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
      Interesting topic...Love it.

But Farhad jan...Nafahmidam ....don't you regard scoring or finishing as extremely important attribute of a player specially a forward?
      I have adjusted that with your kind permission and eliminated Ground duel cuz it is covered by both team work and dribbling.

thanks Majeed Jan, I left goal scoring on purpose out since all three where GREAT in that department... I made a sub category which was "Precision" but thanks for your list... I am fine with it
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

For a good part of the early to mid 80's we also had Nasser Mohammadkhani.

Pious only played from 1987 to 1992. In fact between 1990 to 1992 there were only a handful of TM games.
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Wow amoo jaan, according to your list Roshan's precision was even more accurate than Daei's? I've never seen any footage of Rashan's goals. Going by Maij's and your call, then Roshan must have been an amazing finisher! I see that in Maij's picks Roshan wins pretty much most titles!

I kind of remember Naaser Mohammadkhani's fantastic runs and skillful techniques along with great finishing touch, and if I'm not mistaken Farshad Piyous was also a great goal scorer and more importantly one of the smartest Iranian strikers.

Comment

I agree Rowshan and Pius both are well ahead of Daei. Other great forwards will surely be Mohammadkhani, Bavi and Marfavi.

Comment

I agree with Farhad e Aziz,and agree with Majid's amendments !!
              While Ali Daei's exceptional qualities were :

1-His hight.
              2-His heading ability.
              3-His ( Gholdornes ! ) Ground Duel , ( which is a little different than team work or driblling ! )
              4- His finishing touch.( scoring )

All other qualities,must go to Roshan !

In my 40 years of watching Iranian football,......there were only two players....
              whom when ever they had the ball,...they gave the feeling..." Something is going to happen now !! "
              ....One was Hassan Roshan, and the other was Ali parvin .

It is interesting to say.....both these players had something wrong with thier feet !! and seemed to have " Rashitism "..and thier legs were bent.....Ali parvin's legs were bent inward, as there seemed like there was a hole between his legs !!
              And Roshan's legs were bent outward, as it appeared,his knees were connected and spread apart from knee down !

I give one more quality to Roshan.....

He was a very exciting ! player ....

Last edited by zzgloo; 08-09-2010, 05:51 AM.

Comment

SPEED Roshan
                HEADERS Daei
                PRECISION Daei
                AGILITY Roshan
                TECHNICAL SKILLS Roshan
                DRIBBLINGS Roshan
                SHOOTING TECHNIQUE Roshan
                AIR DUEL Daei
                GROUND DUEL Daei
                TEAM WORK Daei

Daei 5, Roshan 5, Pious 0
                I give Daei the edge based on his better goal scoring ability, stronger physics, and great leadership as a captain.

Pious' strong point was Air Duel, but not as strong as Daei

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Daei had difficulty from his chest down !!
                  Too much upper body concentration....although it helped him be very strong at heading....yet he very seldom looked at his feet !, and was very weak in dribbling.

Roshan,while he did score some times by his head, yet he was in general weak at heading the ball, ( like most Iranian players )

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                    To be fair and to qualify my reasoning , I have not seen Pious in action as much as Daei and Rowshan and what I have seen of Pious was more promise than action.
                    ^ Here is a very short footage from AC 1992 with Pius in it at 51 seconds:

sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                      I agree Rowshan and Pius both are well ahead of Daei. Other great forwards will surely be Mohammadkhani, Bavi and Marfavi.

From the very limited my knowledge and exposure to Pious and mainly during the Asian cup , I really do not rate him anywhere close to Daei...then again , I am kind of handicapped on the 80's and early 90's era to formulate a solid opinion.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                        ^ Here is a very short footage from AC 1992 with Pius in it at 51 seconds:

Thanks

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X