Death to jabulani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death to jabulani

the freaking idiots at adidas really fu*ked up this time with this crazy ball. I hope they throw all these balls away ... or at least use it to clog the BP oil spill.

"Appalling."

"The guy who designed this ball never played football."

"The worst ball that I have seen in my life."

So says everyone from Iker Casillas to Robinho to Fabio Capello. Former Liverpool striker Craig Johnson even wrote a passionate 12-page letter to Sepp Blatter on how the Adidas ball "could ruin the game as we know it." Trashing the Jabulani has become something of a sport in its own right, with wildly mis-hit shots celebrated with resounding cries of "Jabulani!" in pubs and living rooms around the globe.

Now it turns out there is a very real scientific basis for all the moaning. NASA's aerodynamics people at the Ames Investigation Centre managed to get some MLS players to kick a very dusty Jabulani around to what sounds like a soundtrack from a 1970s instructional video. The tests confirm what everyone has been saying: Jabulani's scanty 440 gram weight, coupled with the high-altitude conditions in South Africa, means when at speeds of 44 mph or more the ball becomes susceptible to something called the "knuckle effect." That's aerodynamic shorthand for "it swerves all around like crazy at high speeds because of the air flow on the seams and stuff," which isn't so bad when you get goals like this.

Adidas has yet to respond to the new scientifically-based criticisms, and Sepp Blatter and FIFA are already meeting in September to discuss the horrible aftermath left in Jabulani's zig-zagging wake. What's really frightening though is that we now know World Cup footballers are apparently as adept at noting erratic aerodynamic patterns as NASA's rocket scientists. Be afraid.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...urn=sow,254182

There is yet another Goof by sepp blatter.....
    the head of FIFA, the most popular sport on earth,needs to be chosen with more care......as he/she needs to be ahead of the game, not reactionary...

The decision to go with this Chineas ball, was poletical, as to deny pakistan,a terrorist infested country, with the contract......so, less possibility of terror,so they thought !

Comment

^surely you dont think the faulty ball is because its made in China?

It has a design flaw and adidas is to blame. however just like the ball in 2006 and 2002, the world will get used to it

Comment

Aljihad, the balls must be castrated and then hanged !

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
          ^surely you dont think the faulty ball is because its made in China?

It has a design flaw and adidas is to blame. however just like the ball in 2006 and 2002, the world will get used to it
          I do ! hadi jaan,

I saw videos from thier factory...it was a machine with top and bottom curved componants, which one from bottom and one from top get pushed together with heat and steam...as if they were making cakes or something.....
          pakistani balls are had made !with sew several hexagonal parts sew together by hand........not two half-sphere melted material !
          No country can master the skill accomulated from years of work, pakistan has. FIFA should not have experimented so close to the WC.

Last edited by zzgloo; 07-07-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I think the biggest flaw is NOT in the design of the ball , not in the weight , Not whether it was make in Pakistan , Nepal or China , NOt in its trajectory or aerodynamics .....The flaw was in bloody FIFA not giving footballers enough time to actually play with the ball.

If FIFA wants to design a new ball for World Cup 2014 , then that is fine , but distribute it to the teams in 2012 at least so that the players become used to it at least two years before the actual event.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
              I think the biggest flaw is NOT in the design of the ball , not in the weight , Not whether it was make in Pakistan , Nepal or China , NOt in its trajectory or aerodynamics .....The flaw was in bloody FIFA not giving footballers enough time to actually play with the ball.

If FIFA wants to design a new ball for World Cup 2014 , then that is fine , but distribute it to the teams in 2012 at least so that the players become used to it at least two years before the actual event.
              Apparently the Germans had a full season playing this ball hence why they played so fluid and rarely missed a long pass.
              Thats definitely the solution but both parties have to agree to use it in their leagues.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

I had the pleasure of actually playing with a real Jabulani ball during one of our matches...and I concede that it blows...and blows hard.

Every time the ball was kicked, it reminded me of Tim Wakefield (Boston Red Sox pitcher) sending one of his 50/60 mph knuckle balls toward the plate...

Surely we will never see this ball in a real tournament ever again. I'm shocked the Germans were able to use it for the whole year...
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

^ and ^^.
                  actually they used it for half a season. not the whole season.

but nevertheless, this freakish ball does not deserve to exist.

Comment

Working...
                  X