Does Iranian football have a future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Iranian football have a future?

I mean in the next decade, will we be able to remain contenders for WC and AC titels or even improve our position, or will Iranian football drop into mediocrity of AFC?

Looking at the situation of TM, IFF, AFC and the country itself, I haven't much hope.

Thoughts and explanations please.

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
    I mean in the next decade, will we be able to remain contenders for WC and AC titels or even improve our position, or will Iranian football drop into mediocrity of AFC?

Looking at the situation of TM, IFF, AFC and the country itself, I haven't much hope.

Thoughts and explanations please.
    What were achievements of Iranian football during last ten years exactly?
    √. One time WC appearance. Last in group.
    √. TM seniors 3rd place Asian cups.
    √. U23 onetime first place.
    √. U20, Not a contender
    √. U17, One time first place.
    √. ACL, not contenders.
    Individual success by few players abroad.

Iranian superstars (Karimi. Kia, Hashemian, Rezaei…,) altogether beside personal success failed to have good success with TM and in the end were not much help when it came down to do or die.

Despite shortcoming IPL has some success and there are glimpse of hopes for improvement and progress.

Future of Iranian football are current U14, U15, U17 players and these generation unlike previous young players are winners and strong. Never before U14-17 has been getting this much attentions and care and that will hopefully translate into development of
    Solid, strong, technical and consistent players for future TM.

In my opinion for next 10 years TM with younger generation will achieve success more than what current supperstars TM has achieved during last 10 years.

Comment

Unfortunately I have given up Iranian football. I cant find a single reason to change my mind because there is no future.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
        Unfortunately I have given up Iranian football. I cant find a single reason to change my mind because there is no future.
        That is not very encouraging to here from a PFDC staff, yet it is honest and comes from the heart !!!,and unfortunately,it is the case for most Iranian fans, after very weak performance by TM in recent games, and our sorry poletical system,which has craeted a major mess out of our football and country.....
        The fact,that many tie future of football in Iran to the poletical system is not just a slogan...It is single most important reason for our failiers !!
        nevertheless, the show must go on.....

Here is where our league stand at this moment :
        ليگ برتر فوتبال ايران در مكان سي*وهفتم قرار گرفت

براساس تازه*ترين رده*بندي ليگ*هاي فوتبال جهان، ليگ برتر ايران در مكان سي*وهفتم قرار گرفت.

در فهرستي كه فدراسيون بين*المللي آمار و تاريخ فوتبال جهان منتشر كرد، ليگ برتر ايران با 202.5 امتياز در جای سی و هفتم قرار گرفت.

ليگ ايران در حالي اين رتبه را از آن خود كرد كه جي*ليگ ژاپن با 294 امتياز در رتبه دوازدهم قرار گرفت و قويترين ليگ آسيا شناخته شد.

حتي ليگ*هاي آسيايي همچون عربستان (288 امتياز- شانزدهم)، ازبكستان (262.5- بيست و دوم)، مالزي(233 امتياز - سي*ام)، كره*جنوبي( 218.5 امتياز- سي*وسوم) و سوريه(211 امتياز- سي*و*پنجم*) بالاتر از ليگ ايران جاي گرفتند.

در اين رده*بندي ليگ برتر انگليس با 616 امتياز، همچنان عنوان بهترين ليگ جهان را به خود اختصاص داد و پس از آن ليگ برزيل با 602 امتياز و آرژانتين 515 امتياز، دوم و سوم شدند.

فهرست 20 ليگ برتر اعلام شده به شرح زير است:

1- انگليس 616 امتياز
        2- برزيل 602 امتياز
        3- آرژانتين 515 امتياز
        4- آلمان 493 امتياز
        5- اسپانيا 488 امتياز
        6- ايتاليا 408 امتياز
        7- فرانسه 396 امتياز
        8- شيلي 328 امتياز
        9- اكراين 324 امتياز
        10- پاراگوئه 312 امتياز
        11- اروگوئه 301.5 امتياز
        12- ژاپن 294 امتياز
        13- تركيه 292 امتياز
        14- كلمبيا 291.5 امتياز
        15- پرو 290 امتياز
        16- عربستان 288 امتياز
        17- مكزيك287.5 امتياز
        18- هلند 280 امتياز
        19- اكوادور 276 امتياز
        20- پرتغال 272 امتياز
        .................................................. ...........................
        And till this sytem leaves us alone, and our youth and people get decent management and get people who are qualified at positions of decision makeing,we will go down even further.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
          That is not very encouraging to here from a PFDC staff,

Has nothing to do with it. You mean if I'm part of staff, I cant be disappointed that our football is dead? Aren't we human?

Comment

With all the new wave of hope in our people's uprising in Iran. I hope so. It is more than hope, our youth team under Mr. Doosti got to the Youth WC. Our Omid team under Payroovani looks bit more organized compare to past at least. New wave of players like HajSafi, Mosalman, Sajjad Fayzollahi will fill the void of our current aging stars.

Hope is a dangerous thing, but that is all we have.
            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
            Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
            Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
            sigpic

Comment

Our future will be the same as our past, unpredictable and often heartbreaking , with success coming far and few in between.

We do have large pool of young talent and we also have huge passion for the game among fans, and therefore we have potentials. But potentials alone aren't going to get us anywhere.

We are probably one of the worst in the world in "Planning" and "management". (at least among countries that are at same level as us in football)... not just weak, but one of the worst. and that really hurts us.

If our past is any indication, our "planning" and "management" won't be much better for the foreseeable future.

right now, I feel the same way Ali (Essi) feels about Iranian football. No hope no future. but I also remember having felt the same way before only to get back into it again and again.. (call me a heartbreak junkie)

Until our football league becomes a private "business", we will not make any real progress towards greatness.

so, the short answer is; "I am afraid it's going to be the same for a long while"..

Comment

as i like to say, everything has a future, just as it has a past and present.

i have not given up on anything.

Essi jan, who are you kidding? Next qualifying campaign you'll be in the thick of it just like the rest of us
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                  Essi jan, who are you kidding? Next qualifying campaign you'll be in the thick of it just like the rest of us

You might be right of course.

Comment

Don't give up. After the war ended, everyone thought football in Iran would be over because millions of young people grew up with nothing but that generation turned out players like Daei, Bagheri, Azizi, Kia, Karimi...

Comment

Hope For A Brighter Future .
                      We are climbing out of the past

Names that will cheers you up ) names of current U14-U15-U17-U21)

Comment

Does Iranian football have a future ? YES , but not exactly full of rewards , championships or accolades.

The way things are going and particularly the acute lack of skilled professionals and competent management at all levers (Federations and clubs) it is very unlikely that Iran will achieve anything significant or improves on its present standard.

Political , social and economical difficulties are far too big of hurdles that can be handles by the likes of Ahmadinejad , Aliabadi and Kafashian . the three main people who run Iran's football in sequence.

I think the big question will be if the government will allow the federation and the clubs to be run privately and without interference. If such thing happens as promised by Ahmedinehad , then the future might just be slightly better and promising provided there is political stability in the country and provision of a healthy business environment for the investors.

I doubt that this government will let the private sector control football.

sigpic

Comment

Current and Future TM players.

U30, U21, U18.
                          Go Iran

Comment

The league is full of talents....
                            we also have two other lower leagues...as well as even futsal league ...
                            while talent is important, but there are other issues that could be ifluential in selecting prospects for team melli of future...

1- Physical attitude.
                            2- Taller players.
                            3- Caochability.
                            4-Intelegence.

we have already noticed talent based selections could easily be waisted ...
                            why not trying a whole new concept.

Comment

We have the talent, yes we do. There is a key problem though:

Lack of systematic sports management! or should I management in general!
                              As long as we have this moronic IFF and these clowns are in charge, and as long as we have incompetant coaches, I think we should be happy with the level of football we already have...

Comment

Working...
                              X