Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Job By Branco !!

After the game with costa rica, my personal evaluation of Branco is that :
    He presented a well organized game plan for the first half.
    He managed a cohesive game with chamistry among players.
    He Showed some new Ideas ( with New roles for golmo and Karimi )
    He did what he was supposed to,as far as testing new players.
    He won the game.
    PLayers.....
    Karimi is getting more dangerouse every day.
    Hashemian showed his value.
    Mirzapour still deserves the job.
    Nosrati and zare are valuble players on defense.
    Kabei may be slowing down alittle.
    Zandi is yet to find his role.
    Madanchi deserves more attention.
    akbarpour,Jabari,navidkia are long way from ready.
    Ali daei still can help.
    More work is needed on bench.
    Mahdavikia was greatly missed.
    Over all, a passing grade for Branco, and talks against him show be abandaned till after the world cup.

Damet Garm ZZ jan, it shows how true and unbiased you are.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Thanks for you evalution , it addressed many valid points
      Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

Agree with most points zzgloo jan,

Tactics and formation in the first half were excellent. I liked the idea of Golmo as a sweeper and Karimi was all over the place (which the formation allowed him to do).

I'm not too sure why you say that Mirzapour still deserves the job. He didn't make one decent save in the match. He could and should have made a much better effort to save the goal, it wasn't exactly a top corner bullet but rather down to his side (could maybe have saved it with his foot?). He made another mad rush out of the goal and totally missed the punch, Golmo cleared I think.....and lol, the piece de resistance was when Golmo intercepted the ball from reaching Mirzapour - even he doesn't trust the poor guy!

Nosrati and Zare are certainly valuable in defence, however Zare's crosses rarely reached their target and didn't have the right pace/flight on them which is understandable as he had to check back onto his right foot.

Agree, Madanchi should definitely be in the world cup squad - for lack of decent left footers if not his good performances. Navidkia was totally useless and out of place in that game, a real shocker from him.

Also, I'm not sure of Daei's worth as his actual performance over the course of the 90 mins was not very good. He was virtually non-existant in the second half and really slows down the teams counterattacks.

Sorry for concentrating on all the negatives, there were many positives too as you quite rightly mention....Karimi and Hash were excellent, Golmo did well and the first half was non-stop relentless attacking football...just what Iranian fans love to see!

Comment

He got a good score from me too, but:

I didn't like the way he pulled out Navidikia out, no matter how disastrous he played, he still could have stayed another 5 minutes in the field and not being humiliated in front of the whole nation. It was a friendly game for god sake.

One negative point for Branko, of course besides letting Daei play the whole 90 minutes.

Comment

Hajagha: I wonder what was going through Kazemian's mind for playing 5 minutes.

Comment

I was really impressed by the first half,
              We really did play orginized and good and could see the work being done by Branko in that little time

If we had played like in the first half in the 2nd the result would of been atleast 5 goals

Comment

I agree
                but we just won t show the same effort and chemistry in another game
                it s all about Begir Nagir......
                ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

I realy believe,the game plan of Branco,is the one that we can count on more often, as it was not designed neccesarly for Costa- Rica only, rather was designed based on the streangth of our TM, I would say, it was very similar to what we saw TM play against German freindly on the its first half too, although, we did not score 3 against Germany on that game,yet we had thier back to the wall.....It is very possible ,this would be how we start the game against Mexico on our frist game during the world cup. with addition of kia and rezaie ,and a little more tuneing,and extention of this plan, it will be very domminant !!
                  Last edited by zzgloo; 03-04-2006, 01:27 PM.

Comment

ZZ jaan -
                    I am afraid I have to challenge your first take - please be specific on the game plan and tctics subject - what was the game plan ? what tactics or plays did you see ?

When I see our defenders, from our own field send long balls for our forwards - It tells me we have no game plan or offensive strategies.

Comment

Originally posted by Amirza
                      ZZ jaan -
                      I am afraid I have to challenge your first take - please be specific on the game plan and tctics subject - what was the game plan ? what tactics or plays did you see ?
                      When I see our defenders, from our own field send long balls for our forwards - It tells me we have no game plan or offensive strategies.
                      Dear Amirza ,It is difficult to specify everyboies duties during such plan, how ever, if you recall, we were known by asian teams,during the AFC,as an attacking team, attcking team in such way,that with specefic routs,several forwards, attack and expect the ball in such expectated opponant's defensive formation.as to use,defensive line as half-backs,and particular angular attacks,designed to utilize the maner we have streangh in.
                      each team, have prepracticed designed formations,for different ocasions,such as , two minutes to the end of the game plans, in which it could also be used for longer durations.

Comment

I'm sorry zz jan, so are we to understand it was in branko's "plans" and "tactics"

1-to deny the team ANY kind of width?

2-totally taking out the midfield ( our strenght zone ) with playing lobs from defense to offense line ( as amireza jan very correctly pointed out )?

or was this "taking out the midfield" the DIRECT result of choosing the wrong players for the midfield, where we have :
                        A) a left midfielder who goes A.W.O.L. all the time ,
                        B) a defensive mid who is shoved into the right wing , to emulate and do the job of Kia ( .... all that, when we HAD a player who CAN do the job of Kia, on the bench and got to play for 3 minutes only ! ) ??

no wonder with this kind of "daste gol" in the midfield, our defenders were .... ahem!...."tactically" told to play long lobs to the strikers !!!

3- or was bringing in an out-of-form player , and sticking him on the right midfield ( where he does NOT belong , in the first place........ again !! ) one of these highly brilliant "tactics" to confuse the opponents trying to figure out why on earth is this happening ?

4- I may have missed it , or maybe I was totally drunk at that time , coz I did not see karimi playing in any new role.
                        he is usually an attacking mid, which he was in that game too.
                        he is usually THE player who saves branko's rear with his individual performances, as he did in that game too.

5- testing players:
                        I'm sorry zz jan, but I am not going to call playing players out of position "testing".
                        -navidkia on the right. ( when we had kazemian )
                        -zandi on the left ( when we had Mani'ee - who even with highest number of assists and a bundle of goals, and a PROVEN track record for high quality performances was not even CALLED up !!!!!!!! how wrong can one get ? )
                        -teymoorian on the right ( see kazemian above )
                        -zareh on the left (when we had sadeghi - whose usual role in branko's camps is : get called up. train in the camp. sit on the bench and watch TM play from there. go home. dont say a word. ...... rooz az no, eoozi az no ! )
                        .... etc.

if someone puts mirzapoor as "playmaker" behind the strikers , shd I call it "testing" ?
                        I dont think so.

excellent job, indeed, mr. branko !

==================

I have a feeling the "NUMBER 3" on the score-board has clouded a lot of facts that shd have been noticed and is a major reason for a lot of euphoria.

numbers only, does not reflect the whole truth.

(oh, btw, notice I didnt even talk about CR's reserves team or ... )
                        Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 03-05-2006, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Branko did nothing new in that game
                          (1) he used the same (a) team he has always used.
                          (2) he subed players in for only 5min of playing time were they might only touch the ball maybe 1 or 2 times.
                          (3) he subed in a plyer and just like that he subed the same player out????
                          (4) he started with a Merzapoor even Ahmadenejad has put 4 of 5 goals in his net in the game I have cut his mane from the team when a nobody can walk in and score on the main goale??
                          (5) he put a weak goale in net when he had taleblue right their?
                          (6) he says we had 5 player missing when we only missed kia and rezaie
                          (7) he let the king play for 90+ min when he knows he has been having knee problems
                          (8) he again put nosrate in when he could have put some one new just to see the results
                          (9) again we saw the same players do what they have been doing for the last 5 plus years with nothing new. no new game plan no nothing.
                          they say cats have 9 lives this is the 9th one for branko but branko is not a cat he is a MOUSE.
                          It is it we through out this MOUSE AND BRING IN A CAT.
                          alimossavat.acndirect.com ( saving people money on essential services. )

Comment

very good and apt points, Dr. shark jan.
                            especially :
                            #6 (lying blatantly , was so RIDICULOUS and pathetic fit only for an 8 yr old girl ! )

very good points.
                            Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 03-06-2006, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                              very good and apt points, Dr. shark jan.
                              especially :
                              #6 (lying blatantly , was so RIDICULOUS and pathetic fit only for an 8 yr old girl ! )

very good points.
                              Thank you Doctor DOOM jan
                              alimossavat.acndirect.com ( saving people money on essential services. )

Comment

Working...
                              X