Futsal, brings back memories !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futsal, brings back memories !

Here how it was in our Niehghborhood , when I was growing up....
    wakeing up early in the morning around 7 AM, and keep looking out side from our window,to see if any other boys in the neiborhood has come out yet...
    By, 5 pm everyday after school, or 8;30 friday morning, we were about 4 or 5 freinds ....heading toward The " 9 " street, where most football games in our neihborhood was played at.in where, two better players of our street, would in turn pick a player at a time, as to make both teams compatable....,
    ....9 Th street was a wider street, and usual hang out of our football ....where, monthly matches with teams from other neihborhoods used to happened.....
    We were in " Daryan e NU ", off of satar khan.....we had close by neihborhoods of "Tehran Villa", "Shar Aara", "Geesha"," Aria shahr "," behboody& Shademan ", etc.....through, friends we used to invite ,once a mounth, a team from one of these neihborhoods, and once or twice a year, a team from farther away " mahele ".....even once as far as maydane Shoosh......we also used to go there.......
    These inter-neghborhood games, tended to be a little dangerouse, and some times resulted in major fights, gang fights, knife ,and " Ghameh Keshi "...etc.
    ....These inter-nieghborhood games...were watched by more than 40-to 50 other kids and players from other teams,and they used watch from side walks,either seated, or closer to the street and standing a cheering.......and the host neighborhood used to try to be a nice hosts, and give " pepsi or canada dry " to the guests during the half time.etc...
    In our particular neghborhood, we had 4 deifferent teams, from different streets...9 the street, 11 th street, 5 th street, and first street.....and each team used have 2 to 3 very top players, with higher techniques..which the opposing teams were afraid of........and when , time for inter-neighborhood games, we would have assembled a collective team of the whole neighborhood, consisting ,the top 2 to 3 of each street teams of our whole neighborhood.......
    The talent level was magnificent.....as some players were particularly gifted, ( I myself was not so bad either )...some players were much smarter, had better skills, some had better " Passing game ", some had one or two, supper talented players whom could dribble 3 to 4 opponants players at once...!!
    .................................................. ......................
    LONG STORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But, now, when I look at our Futsal team in Brazil........and specialy , our player, SHAMSAEE , very much reminds me of the style in which we used to play in our neighborhood......
    Indeed, I can confidently say, if it comes to street football, We in Tehran,( or places like Abadan & Ahvaz,etc )did not have any lower class of football than Brazil !!!
    And, the reason why our futsal is doing so well, is because, we are no longer being penalized for lack of infurstructure and green fileds...as "" Futsal is The true representetive of, Our Class of Football "" !!

ya, very true...however, with the amount of progress many other countries have made in Futsal, I am afraid we will lose our statues as a top Futsal team as well....we have to remember that we can't just rely on Futsal kids who might or might not grow up to be futsalers, and invest in a league, which we ahve and a youth system if we want to keep up with the rest of the world.
    sigpic
    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red View Post
      ya, very true...however, with the amount of progress many other countries have made in Futsal, I am afraid we will lose our statues as a top Futsal team as well....we have to remember that we can't just rely on Futsal kids who might or might not grow up to be futsalers, and invest in a league, which we ahve and a youth system if we want to keep up with the rest of the world.
      As long as ,we have " Asphalt streets "....we will be good in Futsal !!!
      ....If one day , God forbids, we had as many green fields and playing grounds as European teams do......our Football will be as good as our Futsal Too !!

Comment

Being from East Tehran (Narmak, Tehran No, Tehran Pars), I remember travelling
        all over Tehran on my bicycle to discover new neighborhoods and of course,
        when I made it to West of Tehran (quite a distance), I observed some sub-par
        gol_kuchik games taking place. When I got back to our hood, had to get
        a bunch of kids to take the bus to West Tehran and show these "Shar Ara",
        "Geesha" .... kids a few lessons in the art of playing gol_kuchik. Folks were
        busy playing and we went and watched. They did not know us nor
        aknowledged our presence. But we were hustlers. Would only play Teeghee (over
        money). Massoud who had a more simple face told one of them "Taj" kids,
        "Can we play you guys"? Hmm one said, we have tournament here. Really,
        Massoud asked Yes came the response. So can we also play, again Massoud asked? The West Tehran kid (WTK) said: Do you guys know how to play?
        Massoud said yes a little bit. To which the WTK said ok go over there and
        .... But Massoud interrupted quickly, we can't play tournament, we are from
        East Tehran and we have to go home soon, we just wanted to see how good
        we are against good players like you guys, we can even give you money to
        play with us!

The WTK kids said, wait and went to talk to the other kids, suddenly they
        were interested in us 4. The WTK kid came back with 5 other kids, you guys
        want to give us money to play with you? Jamshid, the sly one got in quick:

Hey Masoud you are really dumb, if we play them and beat them why should
        we pay them too? To which Massoud said, but I just want to see how good
        we are?

Babak, one of the WTK kids quickly came over: What do you mean if you
        beat us, how about if you guys give us 50 Toman (rougly 8 box) and we
        play you.

Jamisheed, what if we beat you? Babak looked at our faces and said, ok
        if you win we give you 50. WTK kids quickly formed a team of 4 of their
        best players and we got busy. The 50 or so folks Bahram talks about were
        all cheering for their team, while we Easterners dropped the game 2-6, like
        any good hustler would.

Right after, Jamsheed said you guys got lucky and wanted to raise the stake.
        Double it up! Some of the Geesha kids got greedy and wanted to pitch in.

The 2nd game was worse that the first 1-6!!

Jamshid did not waste a second after second loss. How about 500 toman
        this is all the money we got. At this point Geesha and Shar Ara kids got
        even more greedy! Let's take all their money. The thought.

Jamshid quickly got us together: Listen, we cant now just go on a rampage
        we must make it look close. OK we all agreed.

The game went to 5-5 then 7-7 and 9-9 by this time Geesha kids were tired.
        OK 10 is the cap, we reulctantly agreed.

It was around 7:00 pm and we went to Chatanooga with the 500 we made
        out of West Tehran kids that morning.

Comment

gol-kuchik aziz.................Great memories...!!!
          It was fun, when going to other neihborhoods, where no one knew how good you were, and when no one knew how good they were !!!
          usualy, in our neihborhood, when there was an unusaly a good player, the opponants knew,and doubled covered him..when playing out of neihborhood guys, no one knew !!!...............
          We also went to other places....for example....Khiaban e parcham, Azarbaijan, maydane shoosh,....Amirieh.....
          I must say, one could see good players in all neihborhoods, ..some more than others.....But, regratably, many times, it ended up in fights !!
          There were less fights, in our own neigborhood, as we could get a secound chance to win back !!!

Comment

I always remember kicking the ball into the neighbor's yards and me and my cousins being chased down the street for "disturbing the peace".

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
              gol-kuchik aziz.................Great memories...!!!
              It was fun, when going to other neihborhoods, where no one knew how good you were, and when no one knew how good they were !!!
              usualy, in our neihborhood, when there was an unusaly a good player, the opponants knew,and doubled covered him..when playing out of neihborhood guys, no one knew !!!...............
              We also went to other places....for example....Khiaban e parcham, Azarbaijan, maydane shoosh,....Amirieh.....
              I must say, one could see good players in all neihborhoods, ..some more than others.....But, regratably, many times, it ended up in fights !!
              There were less fights, in our own neigborhood, as we could get a secound chance to win back !!!

Bahram Jan, this was my lame attempt at satire. For the most part we
              stayed within the confines of our neighborhood. Just thought of an
              imaginery trip to your area an kicking some butts Was expecting you
              to say: "Areezoo Bar Javanan Ayb niest"

You certainly brought back some very sweet memories though.

Comment

Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
                Being from East Tehran (Narmak, Tehran No, Tehran Pars), I remember travelling
                all over Tehran on my bicycle to discover new neighborhoods and of course,
                when I made it to West of Tehran (quite a distance), I observed some sub-par
                gol_kuchik games taking place. When I got back to our hood, had to get
                a bunch of kids to take the bus to West Tehran and show these "Shar Ara",
                "Geesha" .... kids a few lessons in the art of playing gol_kuchik. ....

See I realized it must have been a dream!!!!! Easy on knocking the west side bro. First of all Shahr Ara and Geesha wasn't really known for its football (no disrespect to Bahram Khan) . See Agha Kasra is from Shahr Ara and he ain't consider a real ghetto (that is why he CLAIMS to be fro Maydoon Shoosh!!!! Now that deservs to say Arezoo bar Javanan ayb nist) . They were more known for their Bahal parties and break dancers who had really cool sexy girl friends and drove nice BMW2002.!!!!

Don't mean to brag, but won whole bunch of money from the so called "Teez" kids of Meydoon Foozeyeh, Shahnaz and Nezam Abad. FYI, these kids were condisering Narmek guys more on the soosool side and not a real gol kochick baaz !!!! This really happened btw.

Tired of the Daie Anti Pro game in the PFDC, so let's milk this one for a while on Kor Kori. I wish you had brought your boys to Zamin Eram, Maydoone Hashemi or even better Terminal Shahyad (later Azadi) to play Teeghi at night. Or even Parke Farah or Park Shahanshahi sabegh on Fridays. So you get a taste of west side boys and their gol kockick (ba toop pelastiki doo poosteh) teeghee games. Consider yourself lucky!!! After that we had won rest of your bus money in football dasti Agha gol Kochick!! . Like I said no disrespecting west side boys.
                Last edited by Ali Chicago; 10-14-2008, 08:04 AM.
                "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                sigpic

Comment

we drew with a very strong Italian team, without our best attacker and best defender.
                  that's a marvelous feat. but the thing is we could have even won the bloody game !!!

but as freaking usual ... our players cant keep their focus near the end!!

in the last italian goal, I blame the defender who was too slow and too lax in marking the shooter. and what a simple, ordinary shot it was !!!

same crap happened against ukraine also. they lost focus near the end and conceded a useless goal.

our teams need psychologists.
                  our FOOTBALL needs psychologists to train our players better.

we're missing out on so many glories partly becoz our players cant keep their focus till the end !!!

is that a cultural thing ?

Comment

The Italians played without keeper for about 3 minutes. It was good defending by Iran, but if you don't win the ball and score the open net, you'll sooner or later pay since it's not always possible to prevent 5 opponents from scoring with four field players.

But as I said before, the stupid red card and resulting 4-5 by Ukraine basically cost us.

Comment

AAFARIN be bachehaye Futsal...............
                      The whole reason why our Futsal is at so high a level, is the fact that it draws its talents from streets of Tehran ( Mostly ),or some of Abadan and Ahvaz..and bigger cities....and had we had Green fields as much as Asphalt streets, our football would have been in the top 4 in the world as well.
                      .................................................. ..............................................

We over stimated Italy, and in my opinion we even over stimated Brazil as well............not that Brazil is not a strong team, but that we did not give them any fights !!!!!!!!!!!,Brazil just finished Ukrain 5-3, a team that was way in a lower level that us................
                      I say again, Our futsal did perfectly and we are so proud of them...
                      Yet, Italy was very much beatable...and I put our coaching at fault, as they could have taken a time out with just a minutes remaining, and we were a goal up !!.................The coaching can always help, specialy when the team's more experinced players are absent.
                      .................................................. .................................................. ...................
                      .................................................. .................................................. ..................
                      Now back to our own streets !!!
                      Going back to Ali jaan, and gol-kuchik aziz..............ali jaan, first of all,we were not from Geesha, we were from Khayban e Taj, daryane no.....which was famouse for " Sport Villa", huge mounthly inter-city derbies.....
                      We at daryane no, had 5 teams, and each by itself used to go to other neighborhood and come back with trophies or big money !!
                      We had more than 8 players who evetualy joined league teams.....(such as Alah verdi, hafaz tahooni, Naser Tehrani, etc.
                      A typical game on friday mornings, had more than 100-200 audience,seating and standing at the wide side walks...cheering or cussing ,.....and betting !!,or "playing Gol ya pooch", khal bala,kashi bazi,or smoking Hashish !!!
                      We had teams comeing from maydane shoosh, amirieh, bagh shah, Tehran villa, shahr ara,geesh, arya shar,etc.......................
                      .................................................. .............................................
                      I assure you, there was no place for elementary futsal !!or Street asphalt football !!
                      And we did not play with " DU poosteh " balls..............
                      We used to get a ball, that we made sure it was thick and had no thin places, it was also supposed to have lot of air in it...............then we used to put a niddle " Soozan Tah Gerd ",at the top of the ball,where it had a think "zigil" at the center...then we took the soozan out and let some of the air out, not much, but enough to make it havier,for long distance shoots, to go staright and fast !!!!,and then we used to put the niddle " Soozan tah gerd " back in the hole,so the ball would not lose any more air.
                      Finding the ball, and fixing it was an Art.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                        Going back to Ali jaan, and gol-kuchik aziz..............ali jaan, first of all,we were not from Geesha, we were from Khayban e Taj, daryane no.....which was famouse for " Sport Villa", huge mounthly inter-city derbies.....
                        We at daryane no, had 5 teams, and each by itself used to go to other neighborhood and come back with trophies or big money !!
                        We had more than 8 players who evetualy joined league teams.....(such as Alah verdi, hafaz tahooni, Naser Tehrani, etc.
                        A typical game on friday mornings, had more than 100-200 audience,seating and standing at the wide side walks...cheering or cussing ,.....and betting !!,or "playing Gol ya pooch", khal bala,kashi bazi,or smoking Hashish !!!
                        We had teams comeing from maydane shoosh, amirieh, bagh shah, Tehran villa, shahr ara,geesh, arya shar,etc.......................
                        .................................................. .............................................
                        I assure you, there was no place for elementary futsal !!or Street asphalt football !!
                        And we did not play with " DU poosteh " balls..............
                        We used to get a ball, that we made sure it was thick and had no thin places, it was also supposed to have lot of air in it...............then we used to put a niddle " Soozan Tah Gerd ",at the top of the ball,where it had a think "zigil" at the center...then we took the soozan out and let some of the air out, not much, but enough to make it havier,for long distance shoots, to go staright and fast !!!!,and then we used to put the niddle " Soozan tah gerd " back in the hole,so the ball would not lose any more air.
                        Finding the ball, and fixing it was an Art.
                        Even Daryan Noo and Taj and Kheyaban Shadman, Behboodi was considered Balaye Shahr for the kids from Hashemi, Dampezeshki, Mehrabad Jonoobi.

It is all good Bahram Jaan, just having fun, thanks for sharing memories.
                        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                          Even Daryan Noo and Taj and Kheyaban Shadman, Behboodi was considered Balaye Shahr for the kids from Hashemi, Dampezeshki, Mehrabad Jonoobi.
                          It is all good Bahram Jaan, just having fun, thanks for sharing memories.
                          Ali jaan , God Bless you......I guess I must have Gotten carried away a little ! Ha ?
                          Western Tehran, was not like abbas abad....in a sence, It was not balaye shahr...as all residences there had just moved from lower tehran....maydan khorassan, saadi,Molavi,shah, rah ahan, khiaban e ghazvin,Ghasre dasht,Hashemi, etc.....
                          We were, kind of families who were ,lower middle class !!
                          Indeed, this Futsal brought back lot of good memories for me, and I am sure for you as well...............
                          I am glad, our streets , finaly get to show thier " Stuffs " to the world !

Good times !, Good days,...Good friends, ...Good memories !!

Comment

Working...
                          X