Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a Test for TM and Iranian Football

BRANKO WILL AND SHOULD STAY

The pressure and all the rumors surrounding Iranian Football and its issue with Branko is a Real Test for the destiny of football in Iran.

It is without a shadow of a doubt that TM will do much better than what they are doing today when they step in the pitch a day in 2006 in Germany. This is so natural and obvious. And it will definitely happen even if you have a person Like MayeliKohan as the head coach.

Football is played more with desire, compassion, motivation and professionality. More than half of the potential of a team comes from thses factors alone. Tactical inputs can get you through with a game, but it is not a necessity for being there and loosing "Good".

Therefore, we will always play "Good" in world cup. And again and again, irrelevant people will get the credit for it and we will have this circus time and time again in the future world cups to come. And hence, we regress, we loose credibility among the top Coaches in the world and hence the dirty intentions will be achieved. Less and less people who really have a say in football in will remain and hence their presense or absence will not matter for "Nuclear Iran".

It is a fact that any organisation or government is in enourmous threat (Mainly in 3rd world Countries) when they can not have control over things or individuals. Whether that is Karimi, Daei or anyone for that matter. Bringing success to that level, will bring with it a very big threat. Cause then, those individuals and things will have so much support from the commoner that stopping them means destroying yourself.

If let alone, Iranian football is going through a very systematic approach towards professionalism. With introduction of Branko and Co, although we have not shown the best that we can be, Irans football has changed quite a bit. Knowledge, systematic and scientific approach has been introduced. All of this with the least amount of infra-structure.

I am very bitter today. Bitter that many of us dont see the "Peecheshe Moo" instead of the "Moo". Yet again, we are sacrificing a systemic approach, a step toward professional mentality for rotted and historic ideas or for being a puppet of rulers. Its a pitty.

I am extremely confident that these rumors will not have its intended effect. If it happens, it will happen with major changes in Iranian football including the resignation of so many people who have tried so hard in the past few months to achieve something. Are they perfect? No, they arent. But as long as we are not, our culture is not, and our mentalities are like this, we even cant think about perfection. So what we got, is the best we could get.

I certainly will be one of the people who will kiss goodbye TM IF that happens.

Thanks
    Soheil
    Last edited by smanhoobi; 11-23-2005, 06:30 PM.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

It is without a shadow of a doubt that TM will do much better than what they are doing today when they step in the pitch a day in 2006 in Germany.
    Unsubstantiated claim !!

This is so natural and obvious. And it will definitely happen even if you have a person Like MayeliKohan as the head coach.
    Another one !!

Football is played more with desire, compassion, motivation and professionality. More than half of the potential of a team comes from thses factors alone.
    - Very Wrong. Technique, Tactics, and Physics - all come before the subsidiary factors like motivation, or even experience.

Therefore, we will always play "Good" in world cup.
    Why ? another unsubstantiated claim.

If let alone, Iranian football is going through a very systematic approach towards professionalism. With introduction of Branko and Co, although we have not shown the best that we can be, Irans football has changed quite a bit. Knowledge, systematic and scientific approach has been introduced. All of this with the least amount of infra-structure.
    I agree with that except I would not call the move "systematic" - how can it be when there is no infra-structure ?

I am very bitter today. Bitter that many of us dont see the "Peecheshe Moo" instead of the "Moo".
    -
    You claim to see Peechesh Moo - yet show no signs of seeing Moo !!

Yet again, we are sacrificing a systemic approach
    Again - we have no "system" hence no systematic approach.

In conclusion - I will say this:
    We need to add system, tactics, plans, and plays to our football. Replacing Branco is a mistake, unless we plan to replace him with a specific coach who can add the above to our team. At this point in gtime I know of no vatani coach capable to bring system, plans, and tactics to our football. Therefore replacing Branco with an Iranian coach will definitly mean disaster. As for a replacement for Branco - we must approach top non Iranian coaches with that specific goal. In interviewing these coaches, we must ask one question only. What are some examples of your offensive and defensive plays, and how do you teach them to our kids ?

Comment

Ok, you want facts.

Positive campaigns: Asian Games Gold 2002, WAFF 2004 gold, Asian Cup bronze, early World Cup qualification 2005

Negative campaigns: WAFF 2002 bronze, in which he tried to find the perfect U23 squad against mainly full teams though.

35 matches played, 26 matches won, 4 drawn, 5 lost (2 competitive and 3 friendlies: Kuwait, Germany, Korea) since Branko's reappointment in 2003. Compare, during Shahrokhi's spell in 2003 we had 6 matches, 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses!

Now your facts please - and your assessment of tactics or gameplan are no facts but also unsubstantiated claims.
      Last edited by Martin-Reza; 11-24-2005, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza
        35 matches played, 26 matches won,

shall we talk about which teams ? .... and whether that is to relieve us of our worries about the WC games ?

-----------------------

soheil jan , aside from supporting branko, do you think his methods are going ensure TM playing well at the WC ?
        I do not want to hark back to 4 years back and busan or waff or ... .

I am tallking about the present and now.
        5 years down the line, and considering the trend the TM has been in during the last year.
        which , btw, is a more correct indicator of TM's state, than the games it played 5 -4 years back.

Comment

Martin Jaan -
          what's up with the blind unconditional support for IFF and Branco.
          You present the 2002 Asian cup campaign as a FACT for which we have to keep Branco ?? That team did not have the problems we have in 2005. I guarantee you anyone including you can put together a team from IPL players and win 20 of 30 games against the usual Asian competition.

Please try to get this - We are not discussing how to stay amongst the elite in Asia here. The goal is to strive ahead and shine beyond Asia.

Comment

Soheil jan,

Harfe dele kheyliaa ro zadi.

Damet garm
            VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
              shall we talk about which teams ? .... and whether that is to relieve us of our worries about the WC games ?

Yes please. Talk about which teams. Compare the stats to the stats of other Asian teams who play similar opposition every year and compare to stats of European teams. At least for once you'd be talking about facts then and not about your personal very experimental views.

And to your information, there is a ranking which considers results and strength of opponents, it's called FIFA ranking. Branko overtook Shahrokhi's team from position 45 in October 2003 (note: he had left at position 33, December 2002 - and Asian Games matches were not counted in that back then) and lead it up to position 19 (November 2005).

But facts are not important to you anyway. Your amateurish rating of gameplay and tactics are much more important.

Originally posted by Amirza
              You present the 2002 Asian cup campaign as a FACT for which we have to keep Branco ?? That team did not have the problems we have in 2005. I guarantee you anyone including you can put together a team from IPL players and win 20 of 30 games against the usual Asian competition.
              Please try to get this - We are not discussing how to stay amongst the elite in Asia here. The goal is to strive ahead and shine beyond Asia.
              The 2002 Gold medal in Asian Games is a fact. Other than your (sorry, but accept the truth) worthless analysis of problems you believe to see. Other than you worthless and plainly irrational guarantee anyone of us would get a similar record as Branko with IPL players. And other than your worthless imagination we could easily shine beyond Europe if we just change the coach.

I believe your subjective judgment of the happenings let you down. You overestimate our players, heavily underestimate the opposition and therefore of course underestimate the achievements of the coach.

But in the same way you will of course, and very rightfully, not simply accept my belief. So the only thing we can talk about is facts. Facts like the achievement of the team under Branko Ivankovic compared to achievements of earlier Iranian coach, other teams, etc.

It's time to get personal analysises are fun, but they are not worth a penny if you really want to draw conclusions. So come up with facts or keep on getting lost in your subjective and emotional understanding of football.

Comment

just a little nugget :

while japan was drawing with brazil and beating greece, we were struggling to cope with the loss to jordan and just barely, by the skin of our teeth scraping through against qatar !

while we boats about a 2-1 crummy win against azerbaijan, s korea beats germany !

while we look so frightened to play china, when their crowds had done nothing but cheer for us from the beginning of the tourney (up until that game) , japan , who faced extreme opposition throughout the tourney, still shows guts to take the game to the chinese despite the immense presuure from the crowd.

while some of us are so bothered about meeting teams like panama, azerbaijan, lybia,.. ( all D grade teams ) , our rivals are playing A grade and B grade teams from europe and SA.

and these are just FEWl examples & FACTS.

------------

your "professional" (??? ) view of our team "gameplay and tactics" satisfies you ?

so be it.
                if you think this is our peak and ceiling.
                suit yourself, mate.
                dont expect everyone to follow such mediocrity, though.

damn right the "gameplay and tactics" of the team matters more to me than a set of numbers , most of which corresponds to beating teams like laos, panama, lybia, .... !!

you want to pull the wool over your head and not see the truth ... go ahead.
                dont expect everyone else to do so, but.

Comment

Martin Jaan - you just don't get it.
                  Let me put it in another way you may understand.

Regardless of the success or defeats we have had in the past - out TM today has something missing. It is called "offense with a plan". Our TM needs it just as much as Chelokabab needs Somak - get it ? without Somak you can still eat and enjoy it - it's still better than hommus or any Arabian dish - but it's just not the best dish in the world. With the resources we have, ours has a chance to become one of the top footballs in the world. This is not about Dadkan or Branco - If they can bring the Somak - more power to them. But unlike you - I am just not satisfied with winning 1-0 games against the likes of Bahrain and N. Korea. I want Somak on my Kabab !!

Comment

Originally posted by Amirza
                    Martin Jaan - you just don't get it.
                    Let me put it in another way you may understand.

Regardless of the success or defeats we have had in the past - out TM today has something missing. It is called "offense with a plan". Our TM needs it just as much as Chelokabab needs Somak - get it ? without Somak you can still eat and enjoy it - it's still better than hommus or any Arabian dish - but it's just not the best dish in the world. With the resources we have, ours has a chance to become one of the top footballs in the world. This is not about Dadkan or Branco - If they can bring the Somak - more power to them. But unlike you - I am just not satisfied with winning 1-0 games against the likes of Bahrain and N. Korea. I want Somak on my Kabab !!
                    Interesting that you wanna eat Somagh with AAB-GOOSHT!!

Our team is not Chelo Kabab, I hope you get it!
                    but you are free to eat whatever you want with your AB-Goosht, I'll stick to my own Noon-Sangak and believe me: It tastes sooooooooo good.
                    VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

but you are free to eat whatever you want with your AB-Goosht, I'll stick to my own Noon-Sangak and believe me: It tastes sooooooooo good.
                      This is the whole problem - You are fine with ab goosht - even though you have paid for chelo kabab. I want the CK and I want Somak Too !! in fact I want an extra koobideh on the side. I may not get it in this Wc maybe not even in the next one - but I will get my order straight

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia

with the team we have it is a shame for us to think of them as ab-goosht.
                        this is the team that is known as our most powerfull team ever. so at this time this is the best we have. if you think not then YOU don't think like Branko then YOU think some one or some thing must be added to the team so that it will no longer be ab-goosht. that means new players must be added to the team and those that are in the team and suck must be taken out.
                        now this means we havr 2 type of TM fans:
                        (a) the type that thinks we have to play our best and always look for ways to improve become the best we can be fix our problems...
                        (b) the type that thinks since we have Branko we should sit on our fat as* and do nothing cause this is all we can be and hope for the best.
                        If you want to be (b) type of fan that is ok but don't think that others will look at you and think they want to be like you and give the type of support thhat you think you are giveing to TM.
                        no most people want this team to be at it's best I don't see us and t&t as the same they won over bahrain 1-0 as well to go to the world cup.
                        go and look at their ranking then look at our ranking.
                        we have a team with players in good europian club teams we have other players coming from the best ot asian teams such as pas.
                        with players like that we should not be looking at them as ab-goosht and being happey we should be crying why they are ab-goosht when they should be kabaabe kubede.
                        I don't think they are a soltane dish yet and they have a lot to go but they should be a kabaabe kubede by now.
                        alimossavat.acndirect.com ( saving people money on essential services. )

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                          just a little nugget :

while japan was drawing with brazil and beating greece, we were struggling to cope with the loss to jordan and just barely, by the skin of our teeth scraping through against qatar !

while we boats about a 2-1 crummy win against azerbaijan, s korea beats germany !

while we look so frightened to play china, when their crowds had done nothing but cheer for us from the beginning of the tourney (up until that game) , japan , who faced extreme opposition throughout the tourney, still shows guts to take the game to the chinese despite the immense presuure from the crowd.

while some of us are so bothered about meeting teams like panama, azerbaijan, lybia,.. ( all D grade teams ) , our rivals are playing A grade and B grade teams from europe and SA.

and these are just FEWl examples & FACTS.

------------

your "professional" (??? ) view of our team "gameplay and tactics" satisfies you ?

so be it.
                          if you think this is our peak and ceiling.
                          suit yourself, mate.
                          dont expect everyone to follow such mediocrity, though.

damn right the "gameplay and tactics" of the team matters more to me than a set of numbers , most of which corresponds to beating teams like laos, panama, lybia, .... !!

you want to pull the wool over your head and not see the truth ... go ahead.
                          dont expect everyone else to do so, but.
                          aauuttcchh!!!! DD JAN You hit it right on the head!!

Baba give it up. You´re wasting your precious time, because some people just don´t want to recognize the truth.

Branco insured us the WC spot and obviously that´s all that matters. Who gives a damn about player selections, tactics and improvements of recurring mistakes. Oh I almost forgot, this is not Brancos job, because he only has the team for 3-4 days for each game. Maybe we should hire "choghundar"!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                          Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S722VgtlwN8

Comment

I don't suppose the argument for or against Branko will end very time soon, but one thing that amazes me and leads me to think that people are just do NOT realize very simple facts.

The list of top or world class coaches that consider coaching Iran is probably A BIG FAT ZERO !!!!!!!!

Not that I would not like the likes of Ericsson or Carlos Albrto or Wenger or.... even the ones out of work to be employed....

They simply WILL NOT....

Do you want to know why ....I am sure you all know the facts.

sigpic

Comment

Maij jan aziz:

Are you sure that a top coach will not accept coaching Iran when we have qualified for the WC. I am not sure..!!!
                              Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S722VgtlwN8

Comment

Working...
                              X