aussi-japan quarterfinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aussi-japan quarterfinals

all in all, it didnt end that badly for us ( IF we reach the semis or the final, that is ).

ideally, both japan and aussies could have been eliminated before the third round of group games.
    but they didnt.
    so I think the next best thing happened: both these 2 face EACH OTHER.

one is out.
    the other is hopefully battered and bruised ( yellow cars, reds, injuries, ... ) from the clash.
    which is good for their semi final opponents and maybe the final. coz I see the winner of this one going all the way to the final.

==============

as for our side of the table:

we winning the group most probably means meeting bahrain ( hopefully ) which is far better than facing korea or ksa.
    all bahrain AND saudis need is a draw.... even if korea wins 10-0
    I seriously doubt indonesia could beat koreans.

in fact, by most counts, koreans are eliminated !!
    strange.
    their only hope is to beat indonesia by more than 2 goals and see bahrain defeat ksa.
    ksa losing to their little brother is something that will NOT happen.

so we might as well get ready to face either of bahrain or indonesia.
    not bad, eh?

that's a good one, it should benefit us in the long run if we manage to get to the semis.
    sigpic
    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

armin jan, if we top the group, and if nothing goes too weird in other groups, this will be the quarters and ... :

Iran - Bahrain/indonesia ............ in malaysia

china/uzbek - ksa

japan - aussies
      ( the winner gets really stretched and tired )

Iraq - Vietnam

================

semis :

Iran - winner of iraq/viet ( not a bad semifinal, eh? ) ..... in malaysia, again

japan ( most probably ) - ksa/china
      ( this one's winner is going to be really bashed up )

===========

final:

Iran - japan ( most probably )

by most counts, this will be the probable route to the final. if we get our heads down and get more serious.

WHO KNOWS. MAYBE THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE IRAN'S YEAR AFTERALL.
      CHEERS

Comment

KSA and SK actually still have strong chances of qualification though. That is a hopeful summary. Definitely if we get to the semis, getting to the final should be no problem for us.

SK plays Indonesia (SK SHOULD win on PAPER - it has been a wierd Asian Cup)

KSA plays Bahrain (I really hope they draw - that would put both through, with KSA topping the group leaving us to play Bahrain )
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Working...
        X