Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Striker problems

With Daei finally being retired, only one goalgetter remained: Hashemian

The rest of our strikers really are not on high level.

Enayati, Khatibi and Majidi repeatedly proved that they lack killer instinct, even against minors.

The youngsters like Borhani, Shafiei, Akbarpour or Oladi show nice tricks, but barely score. The reason they are still supported is because they are young and people think they will still improve, but I have my doubts.

I see no real goalgetter coming up, so without Hashemian, we'd have huge problems upfront.

My wild prediction: Oladi & Chaharmahali will take over Iran's forward spot.

Chaharmahali has speed, technique, and the head to score. He resembles Azizi very much in his style of play. I don't forget when he entered his first game against Perspolis late in the game last year. In his first position, he dribbled 2-3 defenders behind the box (being only 16-17), and then hit the crossbar with a great shot. Next, in a corner kick, he put the ball into the net being short and in the land of giants. He is no star YET, but is a GREAT prospect. PFDC was the first media to bring him up in an editorial about Foolad in the beginning of last season. And he sure has been progressing real well, and now a star of our U19 team.

As soon as Oladi matures up, and gets over tons of money he has got now, you will see him progressing real fast. Maybe this season, maybe next.

As for current options, I agree. There is no hope for any of them but Hashemian.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
    Go IRAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Mansoor
      Chaharmahali has speed, technique, and the head to score. He resembles Azizi very much in his style of play. I don't forget when he entered his first game against Perspolis late in the game last year. In his first position, he dribbled 2-3 defenders behind the box (being only 16-17), and then hit the crossbar with a great shot. Next, in a corner kick, he put the ball into the net being short and in the land of giants. He is no star YET, but is a GREAT prospect. PFDC was the first media to bring him up in an editorial about Foolad in the beginning of last season. And he sure has been progressing real well, and now a star of our U19 team.
      As soon as Oladi matures up, and gets over tons of money he has got now, you will see him progressing real fast. Maybe this season, maybe next.
      As for current options, I agree. There is no hope for any of them but Hashemian.
      Mansoor jan could you direct me towards sites or threads with info on Chaharmahali, unfortunately I don't know much about him. Also, I really don't like Oladi's attitude, he resembles Rooney, even his looks. Btw, Is Chaharmahali from Chaharmahalle bakhtiari?

tnx

taha
      you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
      sigpic

Comment

I think it's quite harsh to rule out Borhani already. His scoring record for one still pretty young is not bad and he has not been given an extensive run in the team.

Samereh is a more complete striker than Enayati, Majidi and Khatibi but he doesn't have the youth potential of Oladi, Akbarpour etc.

If we're going to persist with players around the age group of the older three, despite their poor performances, I don't understand why Samereh cannot be tested again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mansoor

Agh Mansour jan,

I well rememebr how Borhani dribbled 4-5 Perspolisi and scored. Back then everyone was saying wooooooah choooooaaaah muaaaaah and Borhani is the Van Basten of bla bla and ...
          Look where is poor Arash now? He barely gets a call for TM's Toop-Jam-Kon position! I still believe that Arash is a great tallent.

I don't know, I haven't seen 4mahaali, but to me Oladi is a rotten apple. His attitude is a huge problem and I don't want to see him any where near our TM.

mokh-less
          VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

i have lots of hopes in akbarpour..
            i think he is quite different from most of our forwards and this is an advantage as it adds an extra dimension to TM..
            oladi is the other guy i have in,,
            infact, oladi and akbarpour can form a nice dup upfront with each of them having certain advantages the other lacks and hence, completing each other.

however, he too needs more time and experience..
            chaharmali ofcourse is the hot cake right now...
            Originally posted by siavasharian
            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Nowadays, there is not much different between a forward and attcking mid, why not testing Shojaei in that position?

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia
                Agh Mansour jan,
                I well rememebr how Borhani dribbled 4-5 Perspolisi and scored. Back then everyone was saying wooooooah choooooaaaah muaaaaah and Borhani is the Van Basten of bla bla and ...
                Look where is poor Arash now? He barely gets a call for TM's Toop-Jam-Kon position! I still believe that Arash is a great tallent.
                I don't know, I haven't seen 4mahaali, but to me Oladi is a rotten apple. His attitude is a huge problem and I don't want to see him any where near our TM.
                mokh-less
                Chakerim Ali agha,
                Borhani's problem is Borhani. He failed to improve once he reached the TM level. The same will go for ANYBODY who stops progressing. Of course the key word I used was "wild prediction". Many factors are involved for a player to reach his highest level, and any of those can stop him before getting there, as it did for Borhani. I never got involved in those "wooooooah choooooaaaah muaaaaah " for Borhani so I can't be responsible for others' over-reaction. Same for chaharmahali as I still yet to " wooooooah choooooaaaah muaaaaah " him, but I see the potential. I have had my eyes on Chaharmahili, the new koochooloye Iran for some time and he is just keep on progressing .... very fast.
                As for Oladi, I am "guessing" he'll grow up soon .....
                Last edited by Mansoor; 10-16-2006, 01:42 PM.
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                Go IRAN!

Comment

Originally posted by taha
                  Mansoor jan could you direct me towards sites or threads with info on Chaharmahali, unfortunately I don't know much about him. Also, I really don't like Oladi's attitude, he resembles Rooney, even his looks. Btw, Is Chaharmahali from Chaharmahalle bakhtiari?
                  tnx
                  taha
                  I have couple of threads and articles by me on him. I'll find it for you soon ....
                  Go IRAN!

Comment

well, since I've been in Iran for some time now, I have been keeping an eye on the unfortunately large number of Iranians in UAE league.

and I have mixed results and view on them:

Khatibi : is just as unpredictable as he was, while playing in sepahan.
                    lot of work rate, great speed, occasional great off-the-ball moves, lots of dribbles, ... .
                    so far, I dont mind keeping him in the reserves list of TM.

Enayati : havent seen a single game of his club, but I know he's scoring regularly.
                    so cant really say something bad about him.

Borhani: he is going down the drain ...... QUICKLY !
                    for his own sake, he better get back to IPL or it's over for him.
                    so early that too !

Samereh: he's doing well for his team, I guess.
                    am not so keen on him.

Majidi:
                    the guy is finished.
                    kaput.
                    has hit the bottom of the barrel, and frankly, I dont see any reason in calling him up anymore!
                    gets on one's nerves with all his energy wasted on the unnecessary stuff of the game !

--------------

as for the guys in Iran, I really like Shafi'ee.
                    he showed promise a few years back, and in the recent crappy L.G. tourney, he impressed too.
                    I hope he pulls up his socks and trains to progress.
                    but GN also has to give him more chances, to groom him for the TM.

Oladi?
                    hmmm... !
                    an enigma.
                    his attitude may be what will un-do him.
                    as a whole package, I'm not so keen on him either.

same thing can be said about akbarpoor.

guys who MAY have an outside chance:
                    the tall Abassfar.
                    he seems to shine and wane.
                    hope he can pull through.

==============

and while still on UAE players, I dont mind adding one more player who is NOT a striker, but boy, he is the ONLY one who has maintained his form in that swamp of a league.
                    Mobaali.
                    I have watched a few of his games, and he has actually improved in a couple of matters.

1- vision.
                    I remember he was great at foolad, yet branko and human used to pick on him for "lack of speed and vision".
                    well, now he has both.
                    I see him pass through spaces one never thought of.
                    it's still fun to wacth him.

although, just as UAE league has made our players "less motivated" to push themselves, I do see an occasional lack of interest. which can be remedied with participating in tougher leagues , even IPL.

2- Long range passing.
                    we used to have bagheri who used to excell in these.
                    now, Mobaali does it with extremely high regularity.
                    this has nothing to do with the speed of the league or the opposition or ... .
                    it's his inherent skill to be able to send the ball exactly where his player shd be.
                    I am happy to see so many DIAGONAL long range passes by him ( something that is missing at TM ), and almost all perfectly placed.
                    Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 10-16-2006, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                      2- Long range passing.
                      we used to have bagheri who used to excell in these.
                      now, Mobaali does it with extremely high regularity.
                      this has nothing to do with the speed of the league or the opposition or ... .
                      it's his inherent skill to be able to send the ball exactly where his player shd be.
                      I am happy to see so many DIAGONAL long range passes by him ( something that is missing at TM ), and almost all perfectly placed.
                      dr jaan, I seem to remember that Mobali always had this attribute...one diagonal cross field pass he made in the match against QPR with his left foot left me speechless.

I personally think Mobali's problems come when trying to play against a team who gives him less time and space to pick a pass.

Comment

yes, zereshk jan, he used to do it even then.
                        but not with the present regularity.
                        in each game he sends at least 6-7 wonderful long diagonals and many through passes .

he HAS improved in this.
                        and I'm glad.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza
                          With Daei finally being retired, only one goalgetter remained: Hashemian
                          The rest of our strikers really are not on high level.
                          Enayati, Khatibi and Majidi repeatedly proved that they lack killer instinct, even against minors.
                          The youngsters like Borhani, Shafiei, Akbarpour or Oladi show nice tricks, but barely score. The reason they are still supported is because they are young and people think they will still improve, but I have my doubts.
                          I see no real goalgetter coming up, so without Hashemian, we'd have huge problems upfront.

We have had striker problems for the past 3-4 years and mainly the last 2 years when Daei was practically a big nothing. I agree with your comment on Enayati, Lhatibi, and Majidi.
                          I think comment on Oladi is a bit immature since he has bnever played for TM and frankly I see great potential in him...
                          deerooz, emrooz, farda
                          zeeremonan
                          sheeshtayeea
                          The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
                          Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

we need to take back Daei untill we find a striker to play next to Hashemian

Comment

Why dnt we invite some new blood...

Charmahali,Oladi,Motevalzadeh and Shahpourzadeh would reali stir things up upfront..

Maybe people say Charmahali aint ready but i dnt belive Walcott was either...

We need young and energetic blood upfront

Comment

Working...
                              X