Tehran Times – TEHRAN, Former Iranian referee Jafar Namdar passed away on Wednesday at the age of 80.
Namdar officiated as a referee at the 1974 and 1978 FIFA World Cups.
He was Chief of the Iranian Referees Committee from 1970 until 1978.
Iran’s minister of sports and youth affairs Mahmoud Goudarzi sent a letter of condolence to Iranian football family upon learning of the death of Namdar.
The Tehran Times staff also offers its heartfelt condolences to his bereaved family.
- IFF will decide on Queiroz, says Iran sports minister Goudarzi
- Iran’s Alireza Faghani named as Asian Cup final referee
- Fans’ satisfaction shows we did well, says Jahanbakhsh
- Iranian and Italian Football Associations Communicate Over Potential Friendly
- Beitashour frustrated at being omitted from Team Melli