TEHRAN TIMES – TEHRAN, Iran football coach Carlos Queiroz criticized Lebanon for time-wasting ahead of the match against the West Asian team in the 2015 AFC Asian Cup qualification.
Carlos Queiroz’s team has lost to Lebanon 1-0 in the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier in September in Beirut.
“Lebanese players are master of cheating. I clearly remember the match against them in September, where we lost, and we are fully concentrating on the match in Tehran,” the 60-year-old Portuguese said.
“They wasted 13:48 minutes of time against us. The referee cooperated with them in that match and it contradicts fair play behavior. We are going to do our best against Lebanon on Wednesday,” Queiroz concluded.
Iran has been drawn against Lebanon, Thailand and Kuwait in the 2015 AFC Asian Cup qualification.
- Carlos Queiroz to become more involved in Team Melli youth squads
- Team Melli’s door is open for new players, says Carlos Queiroz
- Carlos Queiroz: “I want to leave a legacy for the technical successor.”
- Ali Karimi named Carlos Queiroz’s Assistant [VIDEO]
- IFF announce preliminary squad for Portugal camp