U23 Asian Championship; Quarter Final; Iran - Japan [22-01-2016]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
    No, not really. They're the ones to enter the pitch at the end of the day and play. Most of them are money loving bacheh soosools. Only a select few deserve better.
    Riiiight..... The Mohammadi brothers are straight up bache jigools from bala shahr.....

Get your nonsense out of here.
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

People say Iran plays with the most gheyrat in Asia, what does that even mean? What substantial value does it have? So like how do you know Japan or Korea doesn't play with more gheyrat? I feel like this is an excuse we use to forget about our painfully obvious mediocrity.
      It means that these kids give their all for a country that gives nothing to them. They live in a sh!t society with a corrupt gov't and are used by a corrupt footballing system and are tossed out when they are done. Yet they still choose to represent the country that gives them nothing but headaches in return.

This doesn't apply to Japan or S. Korea. They don't have IR.
      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

No, not really. They're the ones to enter the pitch at the end of the day and play. Most of them are money loving bacheh soosools. Only a select few deserve better.
        I have never met anyone who goes to such lengths to demonstrate that he is incorset.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Guys we all knew deep inside that we would loose this game but hoped that we might be lucky and get away with a win, but we saw that planing and hard work is way stronger and more consistent in results than luck.

We need to make our young players "more educated" and "to use their heads" as it is not just about how you play, but how smart you play and we had to confront this fact in a most heartbreaking way today.
          Last edited by webmaster; 01-22-2016, 06:24 PM.
          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

خاکپور در پایان گفت: از مسئولان برگزاری بازی ها تشکر می کنم و همینطور از کادرفنی و مدیریتی و تدارکاتی و بازیکنان و تمام کسانی که در مدت 15 ماهه تمام تلاش خود را برای این تیم کردند ممنونم، از مردم ایران عذرخواهی می کنم و می گویم که اگر این بازی را باختیم قطعا به خاطر دانش فنی پایین من بود.
            According to this Khakpoor apologises to the nation and blames the loss on lack of his tactical or technical footballing knowledge.

Well that is Hinest and probably true- He is trying to take the blame off the players and the rest of the coaching team however it squarely points it to those that hired him in the first place given that they knew he lacked knowledge at this level! Furthermore it does not relive responsibility off a certain super-duper done it all at all level former national manger Mr Mayeli Kohan.

I guess he is also covering himself and by saying that he is telling the pundits, I said it myself don't attack me and write he was wrong for this job!
            sigpic
            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Actually the first half was the true level of Omid team and it was pushing Japan hard so it proved that it can play as a team and has the talent. The reason is lost is simple. Look at the data from japan's previous matches.
              1. The japanese coach was smart enough to use his second team in their third game and they rested all players for iran match. If those players had played against saudi ar, the Omid team would certainly have defeated them. You cannot praise the japanese so much just because they won and had rested 6 days as opposed to 3 days in case of Omid team.

so it is so simple to know what happened. From these we go to next argument. KP made a mistake not defeating qatar in the second match and not starting key players. He had assumed a loss or tie and had put all his hopes for the China game. Big mistake in strategy. Japan coach did the opposite. The japanese coach knew well that his reserve team can beat any tired team so that is what they did.

now can we say that we had a good reserve team? no so KP made a mistake not bringing some players like noorollai and a few others. YOU CANNNOT win a championship with just 11 players.......big lesson of the day.

CQ could have carried more weight and pushed the foreign teams to release the players that were needed. Just Sardar could have done the job alone.

laj and lajbaazi never works. We paid the price in world cup as well. the team that played against Bosnia was too tired and we did not have Aghili and a few others who could have helped, but we did have shojaai and a few others who could not do much.

You need strong reserve to win. so simple. playing 3 matches in 9 days is hard. we are not robots.

Comment

Make no mistake about it. Our downfall for this tournament was the Qatar game. Had Khakpour fielded a strong team with Torbi in it from the beginning, we would have won the group and avoided Japan until we had already qualified for the Olympics. Qatar is in the semis right now. That could have easily been us had it not been for Khakpour's amateurish mistake.

I am glad to hear Khakpour acknowledges his short comings . Unlike that Psycho MK, may be he will learn from this, and mature into a good coach some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                  I'm so tired of this "individual quality" argument....

Individual quality will get you out of the group stage, maybe. It won't win you championships.

So congrats, we have amazing individual quality. Enjoy advancing from the group stage, hope it was fun for you. Meanwhile, teams who have more than just individual quality (proper coaches, proper training, proper stamina, lack of men on the brink of insanity as technical directors....) are winning titles and going to the Olympics.
                  Messi neither Ronaldo could do nothing. Look at Germany, they are a team.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                    I am not talking about how they run their businesses. I deal with both Chinese and Japanese on daily basis. The Japanese treat other Asians as second class, similar to how we see Arabs. I was curious how was Keano's interaction with his Japanese counterparts regarding other Asian ethnicity.
                    Even though Japanese are peaceful people today, Japan was an evil empire until 1945. They thought other Asians are backward and sub-human and colonized the rest of Asia. I don't think there was any difference between them and white imperialists at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                      This U23 team is a reflection of our society. So much potential, so little know-how at the managing positions of power.
                      this is very true.

Comment

In all honesty I believe it was Japan's game plan not to push too hard throughout the match, thus they played a bit more cautious and avoided taking risks, hence allowing Iran to hustle more and exhaust themselves, for just in case the game goes to extra time, which it eventually did. They played their cards right and it paid off for them, We ran out of gas, consequently it took a toll on us and our performance deteriorated as result, followed by conceding a goal, and then 2 more goals.

I am almost certain had the fate of the match was to be decided within the 90 minutes, then the course of the game would have definitely changed and we would have not seen as much of such set back and cautious Japanese side. They surely played smarter and way more calculated than we did. Our football today was 100% an emotional display than anything else, we paid for our mistake, fair and square.

Once you take in and accept the reality, then you will digest it better and won't behave like a sore loser, for I am thankful to 95% of our members for being such good sports after our loss against the more organized and professional team.

Time to move on!

Comment

what a disappointing game for Torabi. He was a no show at the biggest game of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                            what a game for Torabi. He was a no show at the biggest game of his career.
                            Agree all the way. He basically cracked when it mattered most. He needs to develop a lot more for the future.

Comment

Guys, Torabi started basically every single one of Saipa's league games, most cup games, played 7 TM senior games and several Omid ones. He played a lot of matches since the beginning of 2015 nonstop until now, and his fatigue/condition was also mentioned by the U23 staff, he's still only 21 years old. As you've seen in our main TM, he shows up when it matters and that's the least we can say, let's not be harsh on him for just this game when you play so much football we should not expect him to be the main man every single time especially at his age

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                                Guys, Torabi started basically every single one of Saipa's league games, most cup games, played 7 TM senior games and several Omid ones. He played a lot of football since the beginning of 2015 nonstop until now, and his fatigue/condition was also mentioned by the U23 staff, he's still only 21 years old. As you've seen in our main TM, he shows up when it matters and that's the least we can say, let's not be harsh on him for just this game when you play so much football we should not expect him to be the main man every single game especially at his age
                                You are right. We should cut him some slack. But this was the game we really needed him to shine, not the TM friendly with Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X