Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the most damaging coach for Team Melli?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are now 96 votes. With more people seeing and contributing to the poll the Angolan tire's status as the most damaging coach for our soccer is firmly established.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
      I think all calculations and numbers are out of the window now best to keep it that way. 8 years, no advancement, no cups not even a four way tournament, average rank of teams played in the 90s...etc Without a doubt CQ has done the most damage. In fact Daei and company would have to coach for at least 6-7 years more, get paid 30 million more and not win anything to even come close to the Mozambican chess master.
      I was not answering you, I was replying to Paradigm.

Yes I'm quite sure you hold our one off win vs New Zealand in the AFC/OFC Challenge cup and our stunning 2004 WAFF in high regard.

Comment

looks like we had a casualty in the CQ haters club. Now down to 6.
        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
          I pick CQ, not because he didn't get to the World Cup twice in easy qualification groups, but because he seems to have established a culture of lethargy and complacency which now persists in the Iranian football at the national level.
          I believe the polar opposite to be true, and wonder what you mean by this?

If anything, for the first time in decades I saw a disciplined national team, which wasn't complacent, and fought for each other on and off the pitch. From such a long era of in-fighting and not passing to each other, to every man contributing to the phalanx. It brought me pride and joy, and was noticed and rated highly by the football pundits I know. Iran for the first time, looked like a professional and well-drilled outfit.

He also had far fewer players who had no business being in the national team, being in his teams. Compared to previous iterations of TM. Everything is relative.

So please can you expand on what you mean by your point because as I say in my experience the absolute polar opposite is true.

Comment

Two more votes have been cast, both indicating that they also believe that the Angolan tire has caused the most damage to our soccer.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              Carlos Quieroz

Please refrain from posting fake statistics. Not an official warning but posts like these truly bring the quality and credibility of the forum down.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                Please refrain from posting fake statistics. Not an official warning but posts like these truly bring the quality and credibility of the forum down.
                And your posts do not...? Just because you don’t like the concept of the stats in which they were produced, they are somehow fake? Lol, “not an official warning”?

Comment

This is getting beyond ridiculous. Can Mods close this thread? There is no discussion. Just random conversation and name calling. This should have been closed 3 pages ago.

Comment

And your posts do not...? Just because you don’t like the concept of the stats in which they were produced, they are somehow fake? Lol, “not an official warning”?
                    But they literally are fake though.

Ivankovic has 14 more FULL international games (4 friendlies within that), than the 42 games in the chart.
                    Queiroz has 100 games, not 93.

Just check the individual games on teammelli.com and fifa.com
                    Or the coaches spreadsheet which was kept up to May 2014 for Ivankovic's record and Queiroz's up to that point: https://www.teammelli.com/coaches/
                    In a previous thread I literally wrote out the games and squads for that time. Remember Ivankovic's first full games were BEFORE he took over the official U23 team for the Asian Games, and these are NOT included in these records.

It's not about concept or context, they literally are completely wrong. It's from an instagram account which has selectively chosen to remove Ivankovic's first full games.

Stats don't work like that, you can't pick and choose what you want to make a random percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh
                      But they literally are fake though.
                      Ivankovic has 14 more FULL international games (4 friendlies within that), than the 42 games in the chart.
                      Queiroz has 100 games
                      Just check the individual games on teammelli.com and fifa.com
                      Or the coaches spreadsheet which was kept up to May 2014: https://www.teammelli.com/coaches/
                      It's not about concept or context, they literally are completely wrong. It's from an instagram account which has selectively chosen to remove Ivankovic's first full games.
                      Stats don't work like that, you can't pick and choose what you want to make a random percentage.
                      I don't think talking stats is productive with someone who counted 7 players as 2-3.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        I don't think talking stats is productive with someone who counted 7 players as 2-3.
                        Good thing I was exaggerating then! God knows what else you would have called me if I wasn’t When I say 2-3 players I do not mean it literally and some of those other players you listed I didn’t agree with. We don’t have to see eye to eye on players and managers.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                          Thanks, it makes a mockery of the forum to have fake stats from a very biased social media source, which have a win-ratio incorrect by more than 10% for one of the coaches.

I mean to be out by 1-2% is fine (the chart shows Queiroz as being less than his real Win ratio)

But >10% is just ridiculous. Hopefully this spam will stop

https://www.teammelli.com/coaches/

Why can't people accept that continually posting stats which are just flat out lies, reduces the quality of the forum.

Regardless, this is irrelevant to the poll which is about the most damaging coach, which is a different question and has been derailed by this BS IR_perspolis instagram post.

Comment

One more vote in the poll. One more vote for the Angolan tire.

Comment

Simple question Hoorad.

Did Ivankovic have 42 games or 56? He had 56 (including 4 friendlies)

Were the first 14 games full international matches? Yes, the U23 games are not included in this.

Ergo, those stats are fake and his win ratio is 58.9, not 69.1%
                              (WDL 33/14/9 not 29/6/7)

It's really simple. So if you keep propagating this lie, then people should be able to call you up on it.

----------------------

And again, completely derailed the poll from the third post in the threads, which is about damage rather than success or failure. Eg Ivankovic is a better coach than Mayeli-Kohan but that's not the issue.

Comment

We now have 100 votes. As many people consider the Angolan tire the most damaging to our soccer as all other coaches combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X