Our Game Plan Against The Saudi's !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
    definitely all u said is true and i agree with u.
    wat i was referring to was the fosh kari and the "bazihaye ravani" that these arab countries do against our players during the game itself like wasting time tactics, insulting our players in farsi, grass rolling, pushing, shoving and harsh tackling during the game etc or even stuff like not providing training grounds on time, causing delays in the airport due to visa problems, creating problems with transport and accomodation and all those actions we have seen from these persian gulf countries before..
    A , Good, efficient IFF, could minimize most those issues........and they all did not happened during a same game......., a more experinced TM would have handled them better..........But, we should not worry about things out of our hands !....................
    You see, I believe, as teams, like Bahrain, and UAE, and Saudi's get stronger.....they feel less neccessary to do such things....and may be, we are all beyond these points !

One last handicap we may have.....aside from all els....is if Daei , whom has shown otherwise, able to boost TM, psycologicaly, and pomped them up for such games.... ? ..I saw Daei, very nervouse during the half-time, during the game with UAE.......hopefuly.....,he could convay his aggression, and forward attitude to the players !

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh View Post
      Saudi - Qatar 2:1

goals with replay
      1:0 Abdo Atif
      http://www.zshare.net/video/179164770f7b39ca/

1:1 Ibrahim Majed
      http://www.zshare.net/video/17915436f48a6153/

2:1 Faisal Al Sultan
      http://www.zshare.net/video/1791431310e4df60/

Sampdoris - Saudi 2:0

http://www.foulsport.com/skoon/up_do...orea-gool1.wmv

http://www.foulsport.com/skoon/up_do...orea-gool2.wmv

Saudi - Paraguay 1:1

http://www.foulsport.com/video/k.s.a-pargaoay/gool1.wmv

http://www.foulsport.com/video/k.s.a-pargaoay/gool2.wmv

nb: if the link for sampdoria doesn't work, please right click, copy the link and open it in the adress bar.
      Sampdoria and Paraguay didn't work for me. I did copy the link but still didn't work. Thank you nevertheles.
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
      sigpic

Comment

Iran will play a solid defensive game. It is forced on us by Saudies. Hope our defensive mids (nekoo specially has a good day). It seems Arab players are getting really good on the 20+ yards shots. See KSA and Qatar goals from how far they score on a shoot.

Rahmati can have a great day or an awful day you never know. Hope this Saturday will be his great day. Remember the friendly game against Mexico.

Iran will play a 4-2-3-1, which essnetially will be a 4-5-1. Aghili, Kaabi and Hosseini, zare better have a graet day. Same for Nekoo and Ando to clear the balls that our defense rebounds around our 18 yards.

Does anyone know if Malik Mofaz (not sure about mofaz part) the black guy who played for KSA in AFC championship with Yasar Ghahtani sitll plays in the KSA NT? If yes what kind of form is he in. He was extermely fast and very technical. One on one, he will have Sayed Jalal for desert in open space.

Hope we some how do well.
        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

I mostly agree with you yashar and with zz's points regarding the lines of defense and all, and of course nothing would be nicer than a win in KSA...nothing, but the freaking saudis seem to know how to get it done against us. I have a very bad feeling we'll lose 2-0, but I know we are capable of coming out there with at least a point or even win.
          sigpic
          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red View Post
            I mostly agree with you yashar and with zz's points regarding the lines of defense and all, and of course nothing would be nicer than a win in KSA...nothing, but the freaking saudis seem to know how to get it done against us. I have a very bad feeling we'll lose 2-0, but I know we are capable of coming out there with at least a point or even win.
            I think This game is very winable :
            Although, I am sure we are not going to be very fancy ,when it comes to coaching....and I doubt about our coach's abilities........
            But,keep in mind, they are being coached by a local coach , nasser Al Jowhar.....who is Saudi Arabian, yet,has much more experince than daei....
            But, what this duel of local coach's may indicate...is that, both countries, instead of fancy strategies of foerign coaches...will ,just , play with thier traditional style, and normal streangth of the country's class of football !
            In another words, I do not think, The saudi's coach, al jowhar, is able or planning to outcoach Daei !.......so, it will most likely be,the battle of players !....and if that is the case....we can hold our own !

Comment

first half: Ali Asghari
              second half: Bezan Ziresh

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                Iran will play a solid defensive game. It is forced on us by Saudies. ....
                Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                first half: Ali Asghari
                second half: Bezan Ziresh
                Actually I made a mistake to use the world solid defensive. Hadi put it better I think, it will be Bezan Ziresh pretty much.

Hope I am wrong and I see a solid defensive lock down by our team.

sigpic

Comment

ya beghole firooz karimi...
                  bekesh ziresh. bekesh bekeheshe maham goftim bekesh ziresh....
                  Originally posted by siavasharian
                  ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                  بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

but seriously guys, if you expect anything other than a Bezan Ziresh football, I think you will be in for a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                      but seriously guys, if you expect anything other than a Bezan Ziresh football, I think you will be in for a surprise.
                      I certainly did not......some die hard fans of our coach expect " A-JAX " holland style of football.
                      there will probably a very shallow first half by TM......., I kind of think, TM will play better if it is behind .

Comment

no, as long as we get the results bekesh ziresh will do for this one, and I know that's no long term solution and we eventually and specially for our home games need a plan to the get to the opponent's goal, but for now, let's just have the start we want, we'll take care of that later lol
                        I'll take 1 point from this game if i was offered that, so I think it's possible to get the minimum possible with bekesh ziresh football
                        sigpic
                        Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

A- I hope we get points out of the game.
                          3 would be absolutely fantastic.
                          1 would be fine too

B- This game will be daei's first REAL TEST.
                          so far we hadnt met with such quality opposition. this game will show daei is "chand marde hallajeh".
                          Lets hope he comes out with points to make our subsequent games a bit easier and bring in confidence and calm to the team.

C- I still say we need reinforcements on our right midfield.
                          I will monitor the number of overlaps, crosses, sprints, and .... generally the width & quality on that side.
                          lets hope I am proven wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

C- I still say we need reinforcements on our right midfield.
                            I will monitor the number of overlaps, crosses, sprints, and .... generally the width & quality on that side.
                            lets hope I am proven wrong

Guess where Yaser AlGhahtani happen to be playing ?
                            He plays thier left midfield..............which is our right-midfiled !

Comment

Realistically we should expect our team to be under pressure most of the time, so playing an organized defensive game is a must. First of all it will keep our goal safe and as a bonus it will frustrate the opposition playing at home while not being able to score and it will open them up for eventual counters.
                              Playing an organized defense has actually very little to do with "Ali Asghari" and "Bekesh ziresh" which as mentioned earlier is most likely what we're gonna see, specially considering the type of material we have in our defense.
                              In my humble opinion being able to play an organized game specially in defense requires cool headed, smart players who have decent ball handling abilities and can keep possession which is the exact opposite of giving it straight away as it is in "bekesh ziresh". Even if you're not so good with the ball, leave the ball distribution to those who are better, like defensive mids.

Let's call this footballing IQ and in this, I'm afraid our whole current defense line combined have very little of. Of those available, Sattar Zare has the best average IQ and that unfortunately says alot! I desperately wish we had someone like Yahya Golmohammadi who had good ball handling skills and if neccessary, could bulid attacks from behind. From the current guys, unfortunately none have this ability despite their repeated insistense on being playmakers from the defense line, but in reality they just give the ball away over and over again. Aghili is a little better thatn Hosseini, but still far from being considered good at this. This is of the main reasons we were so much under pressure in the away games against UAE and Syria. Remember how Nekounam was forced back and almost played the 5th defender?

Another key issue is not giving space to them in our field specially around our box for 2 reasons:
                              - We have seen from their performances and the goals that they are good at shooting from distanse so that should be shut down as much as possible.
                              - If they are left with enough space to challenge our central defenders one on one and considering our defenders speed, we're in deep trouble!

If we can keep cool and play organized, we will be able to utilize the Speed of Rezaei in counters, but not by just kicking the ball up and high.
                              HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
                              you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

Originally posted by purple_haze View Post
                                Realistically we should expect our team to be under pressure most of the time, so playing an organized defensive game is a must. First of all it will keep our goal safe and as a bonus it will frustrate the opposition playing at home while not being able to score and it will open them up for eventual counters.
                                Playing an organized defense has actually very little to do with "Ali Asghari" and "Bekesh ziresh" which as mentioned earlier is most likely what we're gonna see, specially considering the type of material we have in our defense.
                                In my humble opinion being able to play an organized game specially in defense requires cool headed, smart players who have decent ball handling abilities and can keep possession which is the exact opposite of giving it straight away as it is in "bekesh ziresh". Even if you're not so good with the ball, leave the ball distribution to those who are better, like defensive mids.

Let's call this footballing IQ and in this, I'm afraid our whole current defense line combined have very little of. Of those available, Sattar Zare has the best average IQ and that unfortunately says alot! I desperately wish we had someone like Yahya Golmohammadi who had good ball handling skills and if neccessary, could bulid attacks from behind. From the current guys, unfortunately none have this ability despite their repeated insistense on being playmakers from the defense line, but in reality they just give the ball away over and over again. Aghili is a little better thatn Hosseini, but still far from being considered good at this. This is of the main reasons we were so much under pressure in the away games against UAE and Syria. Remember how Nekounam was forced back and almost played the 5th defender?

Another key issue is not giving space to them in our field specially around our box for 2 reasons:
                                - We have seen from their performances and the goals that they are good at shooting from distanse so that should be shut down as much as possible.
                                - If they are left with enough space to challenge our central defenders one on one and considering our defenders speed, we're in deep trouble!

If we can keep cool and play organized, we will be able to utilize the Speed of Rezaei in counters, but not by just kicking the ball up and high.
                                And I am afraid, all the don't you mentioned we will see in the Saturday's game. I honestly hope I am wrong.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X