Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you love your team

You know Milad.....

I never question Madrid's supremecy in terms of history and success.....I also never use Franco's regin as an excuse...what I keep telling my Madridista friends is that: If everyone wanted to avoid mockery after a defeat, then everybody would cheer R.Madrid !!!.....That is not practical

Barca's game is all about the offensive+fancy type of football that everybody appreciates long time since defensive football dominated the game. Madrid is more loved for their successes and tenacity in winning everything....they produce highly offensive teams from time to time but that is not a philosophy as it is with Barca.....

Comment

Originally posted by El Matador View Post
      You know Milad.....
      I never question Madrid's supremecy in terms of history and success.....I also never use Franco's regin as an excuse...what I keep telling my Madridista friends is that: If everyone wanted to avoid mockery after a defeat, then everybody would cheer R.Madrid !!!.....That is not practical
      Barca's game is all about the offensive+fancy type of football that everybody appreciates long time since defensive football dominated the game. Madrid is more loved for their successes and tenacity in winning everything....they produce highly offensive teams from time to time but that is not a philosophy as it is with Barca.....
      yea but madrid is ALSO known for its attacking play so i dont like when barca fans say they play "beautiful" as if madrid never does. plus, its a matter of preference really. many people agree that at their best madrid is better to watch than barca because they get bored by barcas at-times unnecessary passing whereas madrid immediately take the game to their opponent using quick attacking combinations. but again some people like the passing style better. i guess overall barca is known to have a slightly better playing style and madrid the more competitive team who wins more and still plays nice usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Arzhang View Post
        I fell in
        Hey bro, what happened with Mexico clubs?

Comment

Esteghlal: i dunno but i just fell in love with them but i have mentioned it here before when i was a kid back in Iran i liked Persepolis but for some reason when we moved here to states when i was 9 i converted, i don't even know why lol
          ali parvin is my grandmothers cousin and so my dad side family everyone is like perspolisi except me

Newcastle united: magpie fan since 2002. it was 2002 season that I really watched premier league more. magpies finished 4th the next two seasons they had great exciting run and finished 3rd and 5th. i miss those days, Bobby Robson was great THANKS TO FAT ASHLEY HE RUINED EVERYTHING!

Barcelona:

Comment

Originally posted by Ghormeh Sabzi View Post
            Esteghlal: i dunno but i just fell in love with them but i have mentioned it here before when i was a kid back in Iran i liked Persepolis but for some reason when we moved here to states when i was 9 i converted, i don't even know why lol
            ali parvin is my grandmothers cousin and so my dad side family everyone is like perspolisi except me
            Newcastle united: magpie fan since 2002. it was 2002 season that I really watched premier league more. magpies finished 4th the next two seasons they had great exciting run and finished 3rd and 5th. i miss those days, Bobby Robson was great THANKS TO FAT ASHLEY HE RUINED EVERYTHING!

Barcelona:
            I understand your Barca passion....

But Newcastle ?....what did you liked about them....
            Their good times were when Shearer and Asprilla (the Columbian striker) played...that was before 2002 when you started watching EPL.

Comment

Originally posted by El Matador View Post
              I understand your Barca passion....
              But Newcastle ?....what did you liked about them....
              Their good times were when Shearer and Asprilla (the Columbian striker) played...that was before 2002 when you started watching EPL.
              this might not make sense but i dont want to cheer and like a team that 9 out of 10 people like.. i mean here in this forum everyone likes "one of the top four teams" and there is like 2 or 3 of us here that are newcastle fan
              which it brings me to say that EPL is starting to be boring for me cause its same old shizz every year, the same 4 teams end up in top 4 spots and the teams that just made it to Premium League get regulated back. which makes no sense and is starting to make the league boring.

i hate to cheer and like a team that everyone likes and cheers. i like to go with the underdogs and when they actually do win it makes the victory SOOO MUCH MORE SWEETER.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                my team is LIVERPOOL FC
                I love them because:
                ---> FANS: they support their club and sing YNWA no matter what the score is (eg. 1-3 loss against Chelsea, or 3-6 loss against Arsenal) and won't switch clubs if there is a trophy drought for a while
                1) They play with a lot of heart and passion
                2) that never-die attitude
                3) players respect fans alot
                4) that YNWA song tells everything
                5) has been a very successful club, struggledfor over a decade, strating to pick up again, and will be dominating for years to come
                5) my team's symble and heart, STEVEN GERRARD
                6) players give a **** about the club (eg. Reina's celebrations after all 'pool goals no matter how important they are, excluding Itandje)
                7)from 1996, when I started watching football @ age of 5, I disliked United, and Liverpool are Utd's biggest rivals, so that could be a reason
                8) lately, Liverpool are playing amazingly, and showing glimpses of their Spanish style
                YNWA
                Liverpool til I die
                but still, Respect other clubs as long as they don't disrespect you or your club
                All of the same reasons
                another thing that I could add, even though it's not really that great of a reason-Their name. I always thought "liverpool" was a cool name. Oh, and the colors.

but for me, the biggest reason is the fans and the fighting commitment that goes on at every game, no matter how many goals down.
                sigpic

Comment

I follow all my teams cause of there dutch connections in the 90's. The first team i ever fell in love with was Holland and i chose all my fave clubs cause of dutch players

Arsenal....Bergkamp and Overmars
                  Barcelona...Koeman, Kluivert, Overmars, De Boer, Reizigar,
                  Ac Milan...Van Basten, Gullit, Reijkaard.

Now my biggest love is Arsenal.

Comment

Esteghlal - Well I was born Esteghlali and I will die as one. Nothing to discuss there.

For the European teams: I became a fan of the teams mainly because my favorite players played there.

Italy:
                    AC Milan - Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Maldini etc. Wonderful team! From that time I supported Milan.

After Milan comes Juvesntus - After Zidane went there and because they whooped Ajax' ass in the CL final.

Spain:
                    Real Madrid - Mainly because of Zidane My all time favorite player with Maradona.

England:
                    Liverpool - Great club with history and amazing fans, and my current fav. English player is their captain (Gerrard).

Holland:
                    Not really a fan of any club, but if I had to choose I'd say PSV because of Romario (and also Ronaldo).

Turkey:
                    Besiktas - When we came to Holland my best friend was for Besiktas and I started following them and eversince I've supported them. Also Sergen (great footballer) used to play there at that time. After Besiktas I'd say Galatasaray, mainly because of Hagi

I must say though that besides Esteghlal I'm not really a die hard fan of any other club.
                    Last edited by Amin_; 05-14-2009, 04:55 AM.
                    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                      Esteghlal - Well I was born Esteghlali and I will die as one. Nothing to discuss there.

I must say though that besides Esteghlal I'm not really a die hard fan of any other club.
                      Second that.

Comment

Working...
                      X