This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
    Exactly. The Canadian and other Western governments have zero problems when IR dozd-scumbags smuggle millions at a time out of Iran and buy up property and pump that into their economies. But when it comes to this, they politicize it to win some points.
    Rest in Peace to the PS752 victims
    Yap. And where do we draw the line.
    Canada went to the winter Olympics in China.
    32 nations are going to Qatar for the World Cup
    Are we pretending China and Qatar are human rights loving nations?

We're really muddying the waters now. I don't know what the intent of this is but to just make Iranians be even more miserable and depressed!

Indeed, RIP to the PS752 victims. Heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Yap. And where do we draw the line.
      Canada went to the winter Olympics in China.
      32 nations are going to Qatar for the World Cup
      Are we pretending China and Qatar are human rights loving nations?
      We're really muddying the waters now. I don't know what the intent of this is but to just make Iranians be even more miserable and depressed!
      Indeed, RIP to the PS752 victims. Heartbreaking.
      Exactly. The Qatari situation is a human rights disaster but nothing will be done by FIFA or the world. Yes, IR is a criminal regime that has sent Iran back hundreds of years but this match benefits the Iranian people and Iran's team.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Also Trudeau really is a hypocritical politician. Truly one of the most cunning Canada has had in decades.

It was ok for him to meet Zarif, and sell weapons to Saudi, but he saw the need to shit on a soccer game, because it was easy political points.

Comment

Also Trudeau really is a hypocritical politician. Truly one of the most cunning Canada has had in decades.

It was ok for him to meet Zarif, and sell weapons to Saudi, but he saw the need to shit on a soccer game, because it was easy political points.
          The guy even bowed to him man - the friggin Minister of Propaganda of IR and you bow to him!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBM4vP1iBTc
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

On paper Canada is a USA-similar Team. But anyone with 2 brain cells could tell you this would be a potential problem, just as choosing to host a match in Mashhad would be a potential problem because of their policy and lack of leadership towards women. No games were scheduled until there are few options, and this kind of stuff inevitably happens. If the game is not cancelled in the next 48 hours, then the uncertainty will still hang over it until the week of the match. IFF shows its professionalism, lack of courage (Kirin cup), and foresight once again
            زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
              On paper Canada is a USA-similar Team. But anyone with 2 brain cells could tell you this would be a potential problem, just as choosing to host a match in Mashhad would be a potential problem because of their policy and lack of leadership towards women. No games were scheduled until there are few options, and this kind of stuff inevitably happens. If the game is not cancelled in the next 48 hours, then the uncertainty will still hang over it until the week of the match. IFF shows its professionalism, lack of courage (Kirin cup), and foresight once again
              Canada is the one who offered the contract.
              If they cancel the contract, then IFF will actually be entitled some sort of compensation.

I'm not sure what else IFF could have done in the case of this game!

Comment

They already sold 50,000 plus tix and will be a huge cash influx for Canadian FA as well.

Dont see them pulling out in the 3 weeks that are left, there are no replacements either so it would really derail their prep.

In a way IFF did well by getting this done at almost the latest stage possible to prevent time window necessary for cancellation, finding replacement, etc on part of the Canadians.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  They already sold 50,000 plus tix and will be a huge cash influx for Canadian FA as well.
                  Dont see them pulling out in the 3 weeks that are left, there are no replacements either so it would really derail their prep.
                  In a way IFF did well by getting this done at almost the latest stage possible to prevent time window necessary for cancellation, finding replacement, etc on part of the Canadians.
                  IFF did nothing. It was in-between sports agents that got this done. IFF is a headless organization now, they are incapable of anything of this level.

We have to wait for the elections for there to be some semblance of an organization.

Comment

All TM has to do is cite the mass indigenous graves and treatment of First Nations people as a reason why Canada should be banned from WC. Every country has some skeletons in the closet...not defending any politicians here but let's not punish athletes and fans for political decisions we have no say over.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

IFF did nothing. It was in-between sports agents that got this done. IFF is a headless organization now, they are incapable of anything of this level.

We have to wait for the elections for there to be some semblance of an organization.
                      I think in this case, it was CSA staff dealing directly (read hand-holding) interacting with IFF.
                      Agents did try to cut in, but I think the CSA people were able to tell them to f*** off.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        All TM has to do is cite the mass indigenous graves and treatment of First Nations people as a reason why Canada should be banned from WC. Every country has some skeletons in the closet...not defending any politicians here but let's not punish athletes and fans for political decisions we have no say over.
                        Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                        I agree. But that was graves happened decades ago - hundred+ years ago. IR's continued atrocities are ongoing and recent.

Either way, TM is Iranian people's team and has nothing to do with IR. Justin is trying to score cheap political points. Apparently he is very unpopular in Canada and got a lot of flack recently. Joe Rogan recently called him a dictator and a lot of people are taking shots at him.

Comment

As far as i have read, there is no such agent in this particular deal.

Comment

I doubt it very much this friendly get cancelled. They have sold out all the tickets already and mostly to Iranians. Apparently, they had designated an area but the demand was so high from Iranians in Canada that they had to sell seats in the entire stadium. So it will be almost like a home game! Another thing I read is that Iran only gets 5% of the total revenue from this amounting to less than 300$K. So The Canadians won't cancel this lucrative friendly.
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                              Would not be surprised if the Canada Friendly is cancelled. Already being politicized.

https://twitter.com/BahmanKalbasi/st...FDXLoRrnA&s=19
                              I did not attend the match for this reason because I kind of anticipated this would come up.

Personally, I hope the match does NOT GET CANCELED as no friendlies = no fun. I think it's good that this friendly is taking place as it improves Western relations with Iran (within a footballing context), allows Iran's football to have a better standing in the world with great potential of more teams reaching out to Iran for friendlies, allows the national team to have a place to play friendlies besides Qatar/Europe, and forces IFF to conform to the norm.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X