Team Melli Weakness Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Melli Weakness Thread!

This thread dedicated to our weakness and possible solutions . So hopefully the media can put pressure on team melli to fix these problems. [If you also noticed other team melli weakness please do share here with us so we can discuss it in more details]

Fitness

Right now our biggest problem is fitness. I have no idea what has happened to our players but all of a sudden their fitness shrunk like crazy. Gholizadeh, Sardar , Saeed , noorolahi ... almost all of our players except Mehdi.

We have about 7 months and trust me these 7 months are very crucial for us. Our players need to work hard and get fit for World cup, we seriously don't want the WC 2006 BS scenario to repeat itself. I remember during CQ our players could easily run 130 minutes without any problem and I saw the same with egyption players under CQ. So maybe team melli staff should copy what CQ did, to increase our fitness level for WC.

Set Pieces
    Another important factor is that WE MUST WORK on our set pieces. Its very very worrying that we haven't scored any goals from our set pieces in last 14 matches. Set pieces specially freekicks have always helped us out in compact games. Despite having strong players like sardar and mehdi taremi, we haven't scored any goals from our corners or freekicks.

Both Sardar and Mehdi are well known for winning aerial duels in their clubs. So how come team melli staff can't figure out a way to fix the problem when we have tall players like Kanani , Azmoun , Sardar or even norolahi.

We Had
    66 Corners
    0 Goals scored!

Couldn't really find exact stats regarding our freekicks but I'm sure we haven't scored any goals from that either in last 14 matches.

I assume we had about
    20-30 Freekicks
    0 Goals

Honestly with the group that we got, it's a great oppurtunity for us to advance. I think with hard work and dedication we can advance from our group and possibly go further than R16 to R8. We will face either senegal or netherland if we advance, so it won't be a tough draw for us.

In order to sort those problems we really need strong friendly matches, atleast 4 european teams and 2 american teams. Good thing is that this year we got no african teams so we can only concentrate on 2 continent rather than three continent.

The perfect time for our friendly games with european teams has to be on "27th April - 1st May - 1st June ) . We must act now before its too late.

European teams : ( any 4 teams from the list below)

north macedonia - I don't think won't be that hard to get them
    Turkey - we are neighbors and we have played few times before
    Italy - maybe we can persuade them to make history by playing against us in a friendly match that females are allowed to stadium for first time in a friendly match.
    Sweden - We played them before so maybe we can get them again
    Poland - They are facing an asian team so we're deffo good candidate for friendly match
    Germany/Spain - They are also facing an asian team so maybe they would be interested too.

The best time for friendly matches against these teams would be when nations league is in place . So in june.

North American teams (2 or 3 teams )
    Ecuador/Meixco - Would be perfect but i doubt IFF would even try to get them
    Costa Rica - If they don't make it then it would be great candidate for us. Pretty decent team.
    Panama - close relations so we can deffo get them
    Jamaica - Very good candidate, as they gave usa some tough time also we played them before so it won't be problem to get them again.
    Honduras - Not bad

1 Asian and 1 African team - If we have space for a chicky one

Japan - I think they have requested a friendly match
    Uzbekistan - They have european style features

Mali - We had a friendlt game with them but it was canceled
    Nigeria - Since we played them in WC14, so maybe they would be interested to play against us.

Please do share your thoughts on this.

We should definitely play against Costa Rica (wonder whether IFF can afford to send them there) US hasn't beaten Costa Rica at their home stadium in the last 6 or 8 games I believe (if ever) and lost last game by 2 goals although they had basically qualified already (couldn't lose by more than 4 goals)

Persuade Italy by allowing female fans? Problem is not us nor Italy, problem is the regime so....it won't happen`

Any team in group H such as Portugal / Ghana should be good for us and also them as they will be facing S Korea
    Same goes with Poland I guess

I think we are already set for a friendly against Japan

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      This thread dedicated to our weakness and possible solutions . So hopefully the media can put pressure on team melli to fix these problems. [If you also noticed other team melli weakness please do share here with us so we can discuss it in more details]

Fitness

Right now our biggest problem is fitness. I have no idea what has happened to our players but all of a sudden their fitness shrunk like crazy. Gholizadeh, Sardar , Saeed , noorolahi ... almost all of our players except Mehdi.
      We have about 7 months and trust me these 7 months are very crucial for us. Our players need to work hard and get fit for World cup, we seriously don't want the WC 2006 BS scenario to repeat itself. I remember during CQ our players could easily run 130 minutes without any problem and I saw the same with egyption players under CQ. So maybe team melli staff should copy what CQ did, to increase our fitness level for WC.
      Set Pieces
      Another important factor is that WE MUST WORK on our set pieces. Its very very worrying that we haven't scored any goals from our set pieces in last 14 matches. Set pieces specially freekicks have always helped us out in compact games. Despite having strong players like sardar and mehdi taremi, we haven't scored any goals from our corners or freekicks.
      Both Sardar and Mehdi are well known for winning aerial duels in their clubs. So how come team melli staff can't figure out a way to fix the problem when we have tall players like Kanani , Azmoun , Sardar or even norolahi.
      We Had
      66 Corners
      0 Goals scored!

Couldn't really find exact stats regarding our freekicks but I'm sure we haven't scored any goals from that either in last 14 matches.
      I assume we had about
      20-30 Freekicks
      0 Goals

Honestly with the group that we got, it's a great oppurtunity for us to advance. I think with hard work and dedication we can advance from our group and possibly go further than R16 to R8. We will face either senegal or netherland if we advance, so it won't be a tough draw for us.
      In order to sort those problems we really need strong friendly matches, atleast 4 european teams and 2 american teams. Good thing is that this year we got no african teams so we can only concentrate on 2 continent rather than three continent.
      The perfect time for our friendly games with european teams has to be on "27th April - 1st May - 1st June ) . We must act now before its too late.
      European teams : ( any 4 teams from the list below)
      north macedonia - I don't think won't be that hard to get them
      Turkey - we are neighbors and we have played few times before
      Italy - maybe we can persuade them to make history by playing against us in a friendly match that females are allowed to stadium for first time in a friendly match.
      Sweden - We played them before so maybe we can get them again
      Poland - They are facing an asian team so we're deffo good candidate for friendly match
      Germany/Spain - They are also facing an asian team so maybe they would be interested too.
      The best time for friendly matches against these teams would be when nations league is in place . So in june.
      North American teams (2 or 3 teams )
      Ecuador/Meixco - Would be perfect but i doubt IFF would even try to get them
      Costa Rica - If they don't make it then it would be great candidate for us. Pretty decent team.
      Panama - close relations so we can deffo get them
      Jamaica - Very good candidate, as they gave usa some tough time also we played them before so it won't be problem to get them again.
      Honduras - Not bad
      1 Asian and 1 African team - If we have space for a chicky one
      Japan - I think they have requested a friendly match
      Uzbekistan - They have european style features
      Mali - We had a friendlt game with them but it was canceled
      Nigeria - Since we played them in WC14, so maybe they would be interested to play against us.
      Please do share your thoughts on this.
      fitnes is the key for me

Comment

midfield is weak. Eza is out of shape, Amiri is old, nourollahi is bang average.

Comment

We also have a pretty tall team (Sardar, Saeid, Mehdi, Hossein, Majid etc.) and yet we cannot get on the end of a set piece?
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Weaknesses:
            - Set pieces
            - Midfield (we would be stronger if Omid Ebrahimi was invited)
            - Manager (no experience and has not implemented his particular style on the team)
            - LB position: Omid Noorafkan/Milad/Hajsafi are all disasters
            - RB position: Sadegh if he stays healthy is OK, Hardani would be good
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

- Poor at handling any Press. Even the likes of Iraq made us look shaky under pressure.

- Set pieces

- Space between MFs and Defence

- Conditioning

- Set pieces

- Off ball movement

- positioning

Comment

Agree 100% with the comments around fitness. Coach must establish fitness criteria for players. No fitness, not TM invite!

Agree 100% with set pieces. At the moment, we have no skill, no plan and no tactic in the team. Coach needs to come up with a plan. Get an expert, teach and practice!

As for friendlies, we have a few hurdles. First, is the current sanctions. Iran needs to sign the nuclear deal as soon as possible, although I realize it is the US that is dragging its feet and the was in Ukraine has had a negative impact. Without it, Iran is not capable to conducting any financial transaction in order to arrange for friendlies. Also for as long as the Sanctions are in place no European country would want to play a friendly against Iran. The second issue is game calendar of European countries. UEFA has filled all FIFA days with League of Nations games. They don't have free days any more. Our chances to play north, central and south americans as well as Africans is much better, but we need to move quickly otherwise we end up with Akhound's favourite Palestine!

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                  We should definitely play against Costa Rica (wonder whether IFF can afford to send them there) US hasn't beaten Costa Rica at their home stadium in the last 6 or 8 games I believe (if ever) and lost last game by 2 goals although they had basically qualified already (couldn't lose by more than 4 goals)

Persuade Italy by allowing female fans? Problem is not us nor Italy, problem is the regime so....it won't happen`

Any team in group H such as Portugal / Ghana should be good for us and also them as they will be facing S Korea
                  Same goes with Poland I guess

I think we are already set for a friendly against Japan
                  The problem with costa rica is that they are already in the play-offs so i don't think they can afford to play a friendly game with us before june.

Regarding females in stadium. The regime has accepted it and they have to do it, otherwise we will get banned from WC. They are already scared of us getting banned, so I seriously doubt they do anything against that decision.

Yea Portugal is also good, as we have good relations with them too.

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                  Weaknesses:
                  - Set pieces
                  - Midfield (we would be stronger if Omid Ebrahimi was invited)
                  - Manager (no experience and has not implemented his particular style on the team)
                  - LB position: Omid Noorafkan/Milad/Hajsafi are all disasters
                  - RB position: Sadegh if he stays healthy is OK, Hardani would be good
                  100% agree with addition of omid ebrahimi. He is very very very fit at the moment and he also plays in qatar so he should be comfortable playing there in WC

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                  midfield is weak. Eza is out of shape, Amiri is old, nourollahi is bang average.
                  Ezza is out of shape but amiri is not old . He is simply not on form and the blame is on PP . He was our best player few months ago and all of a sudden bam he plays like a fat boy chasing a cake.

Originally posted by The View Post
                  - Poor at handling any Press. Even the likes of Iraq made us look shaky under pressure.

- Set pieces

- Space between MFs and Defence

- Conditioning

- Set pieces

- positioning
                  I think iraq always put us on pressure even during CQ time and that was the reason we didn't get the required results from all the iraq games ( during CQ time).

Not sure what you mean by Conditioning .

Yea I agree positioning in last few games have been very very poor. specially noorafkan and noorolahi

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                  Agree 100% with the comments around fitness. Coach must establish fitness criteria for players. No fitness, not TM invite!

Agree 100% with set pieces. At the moment, we have no skill, no plan and no tactic in the team. Coach needs to come up with a plan. Get an expert, teach and practice!

As for friendlies, we have a few hurdles. First, is the current sanctions. Iran needs to sign the nuclear deal as soon as possible, although I realize it is the US that is dragging its feet and the was in Ukraine has had a negative impact. Without it, Iran is not capable to conducting any financial transaction in order to arrange for friendlies. Also for as long as the Sanctions are in place no European country would want to play a friendly against Iran. The second issue is game calendar of European countries. UEFA has filled all FIFA days with League of Nations games. They don't have free days any more. Our chances to play north, central and south americans as well as Africans is much better, but we need to move quickly otherwise we end up with Akhound's favourite Palestine!
                  The IFF can only use the sanctions "excuse" for Big european teams however for other teams like north macedonia, turkey , poland Costa rica , japan mali or even Sweden its not applicable .

Also what happened to all the friendly promises against Belgium , Mali and japan?

Comment

The main issue is fitness in such a tense tournament, specially for inferior sides, when you play every 4 days.
                    Usually our team run out of gas at 3rd match(2018 was an exception).

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

One word - Coach

Comment

Irans weakness has been the same since 1979
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                          Irans weakness has been the same since 1979
                          which weakness are we talking about here?

If you mean fitness then CQ totally fixed that issue for us.

If you mean scoring goals from set pieces then again this was actually our main advantage . For example if I remember correctly 90% of our goals in 2006 world cup qualifiers was scored from set pieces. Same goes to other coaches such as Daei and CQ.

Its a positive thing that we got skocic and moved away from bekesh ziresh football. Only 3 goals out of 37 goals scored in our WCQ ( during skocic time) where from set pieces. Its trully amazing that we have scored 34 goals from open play . So if skocic can fix this issue then I can say this will be the best offensive team melli we ever had.

I remember back in the day when we couldn't play on the pitch, we used to do lots of "bekesh ziresh " tokhmi tokhmi so someone scores a goal by head or luck. But Kudos to skocic for staying away from that kind of football. Even when we where desparate for goals, we played football and tried and tried to score by playing on the pitch.

We have to give credit to team melli staff and skocic. The triangle between amiri , gholizadeh , azmoun/taremi or amiri , Arj , zamoun/taremi , has been working great for us. I feel like the whole system will work perfectly if these players are all on form.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            which weakness are we talking about here?

If you mean fitness then CQ totally fixed that issue for us.

If you mean scoring goals from set pieces then again this was actually our main advantage . For example if I remember correctly 90% of our goals in 2006 world cup qualifiers was scored from set pieces. Same goes to other coaches such as Daei and CQ.

Its a positive thing that we got skocic and moved away from bekesh ziresh football. Only 3 goals out of 37 goals scored in our WCQ ( during skocic time) where from set pieces. Its trully amazing that we have scored 34 goals from open play . So if skocic can fix this issue then I can say this will be the best offensive team melli we ever had.

I remember back in the day when we couldn't play on the pitch, we used to do lots of "bekesh ziresh " tokhmi tokhmi so someone scores a goal by head or luck. But Kudos to skocic for staying away from that kind of football. Even when we where desparate for goals, we played football and tried and tried to score by playing on the pitch.

We have to give credit to team melli staff and skocic. The triangle between amiri , gholizadeh , azmoun/taremi or amiri , Arj , zamoun/taremi , has been working great for us. I feel like the whole system will work perfectly if these players are all on form.
                            There is no doubt this is the best TM from any generation ever. I would say our biggest weakness is goalie and we can turn that weakness into an opportunity by having Beiro and Abedzade duke it out between the goalposts.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              The main issue is fitness in such a tense tournament, specially for inferior sides, when you play every 4 days.
                              Usually our team run out of gas at 3rd match(2018 was an exception).

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                              we need go copy exactly what we did on this front in 2018 with a couple additions.

I think we can all agree there are really only 5-6 relevant players domestically. Hardani, Mehdipour, Yasin, Noorafkan, Additional Left back, Amiri. Maybe at a stretch for standby list hosseinzadeh.

How hard is it to ensure these are at their maximum fitness levels.

1 day/week at minimum TM fitness staff should be assessing them at PEC. Their should be direct line of communication with clubs to discuss their potential injury concerns, playing time, resting time, etc. This is specially important for amiri.

Separate to these guys, an individual training program will need to be developed for all Qatar/UAE based players. This list is smaller but includes key guys : Kanani, Shoja, Nour, Ezat.

Ezat situation is special. He has chance to leave in the summer (loan ends) and improve his fitness/form again in europe. Sko and coaching staff must really help force that. Portugal can be very good landing spot for him in months leading up to WC. Other 3 need to be closely monitored. I think Kanani season is done and no ACL, he can book first flight for Tehran and just live at PEC with Pouraliganji. There are rumors that both of them will officially join PP in the summer which would be great for their chemistry, PAGs form, and ease of access to TM staff/facilities.

Then for legionairres. Fitness of Sardar, Taremi, Allahyar, Gholizadeh,Majid will be handled. They are fit guys and playing in environments where this will be taken care of. Similar situation for guys on fringe : Ansarifard, Alipour, Zahedi, Mohebbi.

For our potentially key guys playing less in europe: Moharrami, Ghoddos, ARJ. All very important starters, all not really in great form in europe and not playing much. TM staff needs to have special plan to monitor and make sure they are in best shape possible in Qatar, regardless of if they are playing every week or not. For somebody like Ghoddos a transfer this summer will be really important.

Comment

Working...
                              X