This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Yes, he should have demanded a move (loan at least) this summer after he was left out of 20+ matchday squads last year for no apparent reason. It wouldnt have been to hard for brighton to accept such a request from a player they clearly are not counting on.
    And who was going to pay his $2.5MM / year salary while on loan?

Comment

lone consolotion he did create that chance himself his hustling and positioning and initial pass outside the box...
      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Khob chi shod?
        Baakhtan dobare!?

Perhaps pothead gets the Ax after all !?

Comment

Massive relegation 6-pointer against Arteta's boys on 29th.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            And who was going to pay his $2.5MM / year salary while on loan?
            half/half arrangement like many players. OR he takes slight paycut.

Like I said only reason for him staying around seems
            a. Bad advice from agent
            b. Prioritizing keeping that same salary rather than maybe drop it by 200-300k to facilitate a move to somewhere he will actually play football!

Comment

a. Bad advice from agent
              b. Prioritizing keeping that same salary rather than maybe drop it by 200-300k to facilitate a move to somewhere he will actually play football!
              I don't blame him for taking option "b" thus far.

Comment

Our own Martin Reza has his tweet featured in the local Sussex paper's analysis of this weekend's loss against Sheffield. Congratulations Martin Reza jaan!

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/f...united-4817376

Comment

a. Bad advice from agent
                  honestly, after the disastrous last season that he had, i dont think even the best of agents coulda landed him a deal @ even half his current personal term$ elswhere..!
                  besides i highly doubt BHA were also willing to let him off the contract for peanut$ transfer fee compared to what they had forked over to acquire him a couple of years earlier either..!
                  from my recollections luke warm interest for his services were there ..... from my recollections the more serious ones were primarily from the Eredivisie's heavy hitters but they were mostly wanting a loan? an even if transfer only at fraction of what BHA was desiring and im gonna go out on the limb here and predict that even if loan i doubt they even were even willing to cover his full wages for that even..!!?

all in all finances played a huge part in his stay this season but as i stated earlier, if Pothead's job remain somewhat secure heading into winter and definitely this summer, i believe it's now more appropriate for him to forgo some $$s in hopes of resurrecting his once promising career...! last year it just didnt quiet made such sense to me, so i wasnt too surprised to see him stay put.

btw
                  looks like i missed a good game and he looked to have had an impactful feature in today's game barring his unfortunate late miss on what woulda surely been the winner that they badly needed...! DaYum.....!! sooooo close..!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op_E...feature=onebox

Comment

a. Bad advice from agent
                    I don't think he can drop his salary by 200-300k and facilitate a move somewhere you like. Only chinese teams and persian gulf teams might pay half of his salary minus 200-300K and I don't think you'll be happy with that outcome. I hope I am wrong and he finds a DECENT team to move to. Anderlecht is most likely returning Brighton's south african winger back to Brighton. I'd be even happy if he went to Anderlecht in Belgium if it meant regular playing time for him.

I don't think there is an obvious easy solution.

Comment

Anderlecht?! Baba if things are that bad I could probably get him and Saman into my Friday kickabouts on our local 4G pitch once lockdown ends. There's no need for them to start considering Belgian Jupiler League ffs.

Comment

He looks pretty defeated. I almost (can't emphasize 'almost' enough) feel sorry for him.

Comment

I admire ARJ's fortitude, and it's his career not mine, but I'm sick and tired of the tight rope act he has to endure week in and week out.

Mistakes are magnified, positives are overlooked.

He is 100% EPL material. Deserves much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                            I admire ARJ's fortitude, and it's his career not mine, but I'm sick and tired of the tight rope act he has to endure week in and week out.
                            Mistakes are magnified, positives are overlooked.
                            He is 100% EPL material. Deserves much better.
                            There's always a go-to scapegoat for each team, and it seems to be ARJ. When he doesn't get much touches on the field, he gets subbed off or crap minutes. When he's involved in every major play, he gets blamed for the loss. There is no winning for the guy.

Comment

The brilliant cross for conolly miss was also from ARJ, just noticed that.

He really is quite unlucky at times. But then you see crosses like that, crosses. like assist vs united, defence splitting ball for welbeck last game, motm games in the cup, bike vs chelsea, etc and ask yourself why he continues to subject himself to this crap?!?!?

He deserves to be shining like taremi,Sardar,gholi etc. Instead he is stuck begging for 10 mins here and there, killed if he misses a chances despite setting up so many key ones, etc. All in the prime of his career.

Comment

My two cents

He did not have a bad game. He was not great, but not bad. When compared to the rest of the crappy team, he was actually ok.

Regarding the team’s performance overall? Well they sucked more than usual. But what’s new? It would be a surprise if they actually played well.

No he cannot carry this team on his back. He is not that good. But he is plenty good enough to start on this shitty team.

Like I’ve said many times, this team will is not going anywhere, with or without AJB. They just don’t have the players, and most importantly, they have a con-artist pretender, masquerading as a coach.

I don’t blame him For sitting tight and collecting his paycheck. He is a pro and this is his job. I would also try to maximize my Pay if it were him.

#POTTERBALL 😂
                                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Working...
                                X