Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilmots is a horrible choice. He’s worse than most domestic choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Really? I don't know anything about him, but I don't know any domestic coaches that have coached a European world cup team (if I understand correctly). I'm sure this should count as something.

Comment

Wilmots will be fired within 12 months and we will end up with a domestic coach. Quote me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          Really? I don't know anything about him, but I don't know any domestic coaches that have coached a European world cup team (if I understand correctly). I'm sure this should count as something.
          Outside of him coaching a stacked Belgium team he has a 16% win rate at his other coaching positions. He took a stacked team to the quarterfinals. If you want to see his performance with mediocre players look at Ivory coast in 2017. He failed to qualify them after they qualified to 3 World cups before. He is a medicore coach at best.

Comment

Belgian media have picked this up as well:

Marc Wilmots en route vers l'Iran

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/d...an?id=10218769

Marc Wilmots op weg naar Iran?

https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/bui....google.com%2F

Comment

i hope lopetegui will be the coach, im not so fond of belgium football ( except their NT ) nor their coaches.

Comment

Marc Wilmots i hope he do attacking football. I am suprised! By the way I would do with less than the salary the job with my 5 German assistant.

I hope with Marc Wilmots we will go to World Cup 2022 and second round. Marc Wilmots for tge coming 8 years or will Carlos Quriouz take it over after World Cup 2022?

If Marc Wilmots will do beter than Carlos Quriouz it will be suprise. But I hope they give all the room and opprritunity and let him do what he wants!

In 2 months start the World Cup Quliefers 2022 and we must start now and prepaire and looking for goid friendly's Belgium option or Germany, Spain and Italia even Turkey would be good

Comment

Not convinced by Wilmots. Get the impression he is looking for a decent pay-day/off.
                  “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

https://www.football-italia.net/8632...olan-has-smoke

Tough like CQ! :-/ Makes sense from IFF's point of view, easy going coach whom will probably cause no 'hashiye'. Poor CV indeed, bad choice in my opinion but still better than Branko or any domestic coach.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Agree he seems like a bad choice but lol no need to exaggerate..

Comment

According to navad, Wilmots will be in iran in the next 48 hours.
                        Lol to people complaining while they spend their time to announce daei and branko

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          We chose our moments to attack. Iran vs Spain, we had the exact game plan we had against Argentina which was to defend the first half to a 0-0 and then attack during the second half when they break their shape.
                          The only thing is, that's not really what happened against Spain. We were defending until we got scored on. Only then we started to attack.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            He got the job because he's basically Belgium's Daei. His playing career was pretty impressive for Belgians (until the new generation).
                            He lost control of the locker room in a Belgium team full of talent and then failed with Ivory Coast. He's just looking for money now.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                              https://www.football-italia.net/8632...olan-has-smoke
                              Tough like CQ! :-/ Makes sense from IFF's point of view, easy going coach whom will probably cause no 'hashiye'. Poor CV indeed, bad choice in my opinion but still better than Branko or any domestic coach.
                              this is how i sorta feel about his possible appointment too..!!
                              although i'll admit that i have never taken a note of nor followed the man's coaching career so far ..!!
                              i havent read anything all too encouraging about his potential though..!! here is one interesting and sorta critical of Wilmot article i posted earlier in this thread when his name was being thrown around initially as possibly being connected with iran job..!!
                              http://www.espn.com/soccer/ivory-coa...e-cote-divoire
                              and my earlier post in this thread on the guy..!
                              Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              Regardless of age, I don’t think anyone can deny that he had an immensely talented squad at his disposal when in charge of Belgium ..!
                              I agree that I don’t know a whole lot about Wilmots coaching abilities but his short-stint flop @ similar to TM talented but usually underachieving Ivory Coast certainly doesn’t inspire much confidence ..!
                              Also reading this article before he begin his stint @ Ivory Coast correctly predicting his imminent failure with the elephants makes me even more nervous about his appointment..!
                              “Similar questions were levelled at Wilmots during his tenure with Belgium - his second managerial post after Sint-Truiden - when his influence and authority were questioned, his tactical thinking appeared muddled, and he so often failed to get the best out of a collection of talents who were the envy of world football.
                              When Belgium beat the Republic of Ireland 3-0 during the Euros, Belgian sources claimed afterwards that the players had won in spite of their coach, by taking command of the contest themselves and deciding their own approach. By the time he left his post, he was little more than a puppet figure, having struggled to capitalise on such a gilt-edged opportunity for success.
                              You fear the same thing is destined to happen all over again with the Elephants. They're a team who have become accustomed to underachievement (excluding Renard's brief exhilarating tenure) despite their quality and, in this sense, Wilmots looks unlikely to change the status quo
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Indeed, in appointing a stylish European ex-international with limited managerial experience and no coaching success, the Ivorians are walking on worryingly familiar ground, with Wilmots' arrival prompting memories of Frenchman Sabri Lamouchi and his underwhelming tenure.
                              The Belgian should be an improvement on Dussuyer - although that isn't saying much - yet don't expect the Elephants to re-realise their collective potential any time soon, while qualification for next year's World Cup from CAF qualifying Group C remains uncertain.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                The only thing is, that's not really what happened against Spain. We were defending until we got scored on. Only then we started to attack.
                                Insert .gif of Diego Costa running in celebration to the corner flag even though it was a goal from an unlucky bounce off his shin.

That was the plan regardless.

Comment

Working...
                                X