No announcement yet.

Queiroz defends his decisions about Team Melli’s squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of the things I admire about CQ. He is a real coach who has 0 bias in his selection. I would trust his selection over any of these analysts and experts making lists from their couches at home. Also I believe whoever says CQ is not watching the league is absolutely wrong. He has proven time and time again that not only does he watch and follow the league but he does it with extreme detail and professionalism. Just look at the people he has brought on, some no one even knew about but here they are. A good example would be Gholizadeh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
      For a country like Iran WCQ is important preperation for the world cup.
      Everyone has their own opinion/s.
      Your mentality is to play it safe (correct me if i am wrong) and you also believe that experimenting with another CB excluding Hosseini, could have made us lose points and get worse results - Again correct me If i am wrong this is the impression that i get from your words.

However facts are facts.
      We do know that CQ is not a risk taker in footballing terms - And no this does not just apply to the Iran job, but his previous coaching jobs as well - criticized by both Portugese and Madrid fans, except for his stint as assistant trainer for Ferguson.
      Perhaps CQ strengths lies in preperation and behind the scene planning where he trully succeeds, rather then the main head coach. Having said, for Iranian standards he is the best we got in that aspect - But internationally, i do not believe this is the case.
      No sir, the World Cup Qualifiers final round is not the place to experiment. It's not just my mentality but every coach's mentality that you have to qualify, lol. I don't think any team experiments in the World Cup qualifiers because it's not easy to qualify and that would be suicide.

Also, as I said, Hosseini played only because Montazeri was injured and there wasn't time to blood new CB's when qualification is at stake so Hosseini was the backup to Montazeri and PAG. Risk taker or not, was just responding to your question of "why did Hosseini play so many games if he wasn't coming to the World Cup?" Because he was the backup. Now we have more suitable backups/new CB's like Majid Hosseini who started showing himself after we already qualified. If M. Hosseini was on CQ's radar in 2016, SJ Hosseini probably wouldn't have even made it to the qualifiers for us.

Comment

I do understand your point and i agree with it to some extent but i believe you do not fully understand the points that I am making.
        I think it is important to understand that there are DEGREES of experimentation.
        I did not suggest we replace the whole team and experiment with completely new players - Merely one player. Now your argument might be "but but he is our best centerback" - However if we take a very simple approach, and look at the actions of CQ (not his words) then i think it is pretty obvious that he does not believe this is the case.

In regards to your second point, you may be right, and maybe you have better knowledge about this information then i do.
        Having said that, thank you for your post, you raise some good points even if I do not necessarily agree with all of them.

Originally posted by Saam View Post
        No sir, the World Cup Qualifiers final round is not the place to experiment. It's not just my mentality but every coach's mentality that you have to qualify, lol. I don't think any team experiments in the World Cup qualifiers because it's not easy to qualify and that would be suicide.

Also, as I said, Hosseini played only because Montazeri was injured and there wasn't time to blood new CB's when qualification is at stake so Hosseini was the backup to Montazeri and PAG. Risk taker or not, was just responding to your question of "why did Hosseini play so many games if he wasn't coming to the World Cup?" Because he was the backup. Now we have more suitable backups/new CB's like Majid Hosseini who started showing himself after we already qualified. If M. Hosseini was on CQ's radar in 2016, SJ Hosseini probably wouldn't have even made it to the qualifiers for us.

Comment

i just watched the uzbekistan game. and Cheshmi and Khanzadeh were straight up trash. Ghaffouri was solid. i think Cheshmi and Khanzadeh are going to the world cup as fillers for the park the bus strategy. cuz there's no way they can be depended on in pivotal positions. i don't expect to see them against unless as 3rd CB, an RB in the defend like we did against Argentina scenario or as a 3rd CDM subbing for our CAM if we have a lead.

They'll be good in those situations because they're big bodies. Hosseini and Ghaffouri don't have that utility, they're single position player. And since they're both backups to Montazeri/M. Hosseini and Rezaeian respectively, they got cut.

pretty simple

Comment

Originally posted by toopchi View Post
            i just watched the uzbekistan game. and Cheshmi and Khanzadeh were straight up trash. Ghaffouri was solid. i think Cheshmi and Khanzadeh are going to the world cup as fillers for the park the bus strategy. cuz there's no way they can be depended on in pivotal positions. i don't expect to see them against unless as 3rd CB, an RB in the defend like we did against Argentina scenario or as a 3rd CDM subbing for our CAM if we have a lead.
            They'll be good in those situations because they're big bodies. Hosseini and Ghaffouri don't have that utility, they're single position player. And since they're both backups to Montazeri/M. Hosseini and Rezaeian respectively, they got cut.
            pretty simple
            Actually Cheshmi scored a goal. Move to 1:01 / 11:57 in the following video. Ghafouri delivers the ball to UZ player.

Comment

Have he commented on the exclusion of Rezaei?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                For that we would need a special council. Once Mueller is done with trump, we’ll bring him in to get to the bottom of this
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                  If it's worth anything, it seems to me that it's just numbers. Taremi and Amiri are playing every game on the left so that position is filled.

Azmoun is central striker with Ansarifad as backup and he knows Gucci better, while others like Ghoddos can also play there and are in sensational form.

He still tested Rezaei as an impact centre-forward sub in the friendlies, but obviously didn't feel he provided enough at the moment above guys like that.

Comment

Agha he doesn't owe any explanation to anyone. What we'll see on the pitch matters. I feel bad for Ghafouri though but to be honest, he's the coach. He's had them in different camps, tried them out. They probably don't fit in his system. He would not leave a player out just to piss off people.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

I think the World Cup will be over soon and Iranian "fans" will still be arguing why we did or didn't call up so and so.

Let's accept for once that the coach has the final say and he knows his players and what they can deliver within the team better than every so-called expert.

It's time to get over it and start supporting Team Melli. We need more positive energy and morale boost for our boys!
                      All for Team Melli!

Comment

Working...
                      X